Page 47 of 111 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    One thing I found comforting was seeing Ben as Scarlet Spider among the living alt-universe Spideys at the end of Spider-Man #7. Hey, at least we know there's classic versions of Ben alive and well out there in the multiverse.
    Seems all Spider-Verse sequels reduced the death toll significantly compared to the first one. Which is most appreciated btw.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's nice to see Ben FINALLY getting some love and respect from Marvel.
    Between Ben, Mayday and Miguel all appearing in this movie, it almost feels like the 90's have come roaring back with a vengeance! I love it!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's nice to see Ben FINALLY getting some love and respect from Marvel.
    *from Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    *from Sony
    hahaha, true
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Seems all Spider-Verse sequels reduced the death toll significantly compared to the first one. Which is most appreciated btw.
    Very true. Spider-Geddon and this were much kinder to the characters, which is nice. My biggest complaint about the original was how nihilistic and mean-spirited it felt at times. "Hey, come see all your favorite versions of Spider-Man return for an event where they all die horribly!" No thanks.

Incredible Member

All I want from this, is a Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider regular ongoing, or at least a regular yearly mini-series at this point. I’m intrigued by Spider-Boy, but other than Miles and Ben, I’m not investing anymore time/money in Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    All I want from this, is a Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider regular ongoing, or at least a regular yearly mini-series at this point. I’m intrigued by Spider-Boy, but other than Miles and Ben, I’m not investing anymore time/money in Spider-Man.
    Yes, Ben should get his own title as Scarlet Spider. His hook is that he is the perfect single Spider-Man that some creators want. Remember, that is why he was created in the first place. Why not go back to his original purpose? He does not have a long iconic history across multi-media for decades like Peter does with MJ, so fans will actually be accepting of love interest changes and his journey with different love interests. That way Peter and MJ can be married again in ASM.

You'd have a married Peter Parker with ASM, you have single Spider-Man with the Scarlet Spider (letting writers exercise their creative juices on that), and everybody wins!

I'd definitely buy and support both of those books for sure if that is the route Marvel took in the future.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 04-08-2023 at 08:16 AM.

Incredible Member

At this point, I’d take Ben in a solo, completely devoid of any ties to Peter and his cast at this point. Even as Chasm, let Ben get his memories back and retool his name Chasm, being that he is a Chasm as a person. I’d bring back Jessica, the daughter of Uncle Ben’s killer, as the only character with any ties to the Spider mythos. Have an occasional team up with Kaine, and just referee to them as brothers instead of clones. Anything to create a “chasm” between him and Peter at this point, since there is “no place” for Ben in the Spidy titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    At this point, I’d take Ben in a solo, completely devoid of any ties to Peter and his cast at this point. Even as Chasm, let Ben get his memories back and retool his name Chasm, being that he is a Chasm as a person. I’d bring back Jessica, the daughter of Uncle Ben’s killer, as the only character with any ties to the Spider mythos. Have an occasional team up with Kaine, and just referee to them as brothers instead of clones. Anything to create a “chasm” between him and Peter at this point, since there is “no place” for Ben in the Spidy titles.
    Yep basically like the 90s clone saga when Ben became Spidey and Peter was in another state. He could have his own job, his own cast of characters and be complete fresh start a Spidey with zero of the baggage or restrictions that Peter has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Yep basically like the 90s clone saga when Ben became Spidey and Peter was in another state. He could have his own job, his own cast of characters and be complete fresh start a Spidey with zero of the baggage or restrictions that Peter has.
    If it were up to me, I'd take Ben and an un-Madame'd Julia Carpenter and send them both to the West Coast.

Julia deals with raising her de-aged daughter and making their neighborhood safe; governmental strong-arming via Val Cooper with Julia's "Civil War" criminal status; touching base with a few of her Avengers/Force Works/Secret Defenders connections; and her indefinite fate as Madame Web versus those who would take her place as heir apparent, like previous Web's daughter.

Ben would deal with an opposite setup, living off the grid as someone who does not exist, no legal documents to validate him. He gets by with paid vigilante work ala Repairman Jack, but living in the shadows and wanting something real or normal for himself. All while contending with the state-wide machinations of the Jackal, who sees Ben as a favorite among his "children".

Last edited by bat22; 04-09-2023 at 06:48 AM.

https://twitter.com/Venamon76/status...ucy0FsAAg&s=19

Love this sooo much. Wish this was an actual poster

20230410_144110.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    https://twitter.com/Venamon76/status...ucy0FsAAg&s=19

Love this sooo much. Wish this was an actual poster

20230410_144110.jpg
    Considering that in the 90s animated series finale, the interdimensional portal technology that turned Dr. Jonathan Ohn into the Spot also facilitated the creation of Spider-Carnage and the near-annihilation of reality itself, stemming from that universe's version of the Clone Saga . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/Peposed/status/1...kbWIc78QQ&s=19

WTF? I love David Pepose and Phillip Kennedy Johnson now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    https://twitter.com/Peposed/status/1...kbWIc78QQ&s=19

WTF? I love David Pepose and Phillip Kennedy Johnson now
    I’m not surprised. A LOT of today’s younger writers and artists grew up reading Ben and have a fondness for him. David Baldeon (artist on Ben Reilly mini) and Chris Cantwell (who had Scarlet Spider guest star for a bunch of issues in Iron Man) have made similar remarks. I think there’s others I’m forgetting too. It’s only Marvel editorial and the few select writers they seem to favor that still have it out for him. I used to think it sucked when Marvel ignored his existence for a decade after his “death”, but at least he wasn’t a villain back then.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

This is a cool visual upgrade for Ben's Scarlet Spider costume:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker