Page 64 of 111 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I saw an Across the Spider-Verse sticker book yesterday at my LCS, it had Ben prominently featured alongside Miguel, Miles, Gwen, Hobie and...um...Cyborg Spider-Woman. No Peter B. and Mayday though.
    spoilers:
    Cyborg Spider-Woman didn't even get a single line lol...makes me wonder if her and Ben were originally meant to have more screen time but got cut or if they're more involved in Part 2 because it just seems kinda weird.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ben Reilly: The innovator of the Sleeper Hold.. and the Perfect Pose...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    spoilers:
    Ben Reilly: The innovator of the Sleeper Hold.. and the Perfect Pose...
    end of spoilers
    He certainly has a spoilers:
    well defined musculature
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

I didn't hate Ben in this. Honestly in his introduction scene spoilers:
    Where he's leaning over being distressed about his origin I related to him immensely. He looked like I felt after reading Beyond
    end of spoilers

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I didn't hate Ben in this. Honestly in his introduction scene spoilers:
    Where he's leaning over being distressed about his origin I related to him immensely. He looked like I felt after reading Beyond
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There really isn't much to relate to with this Ben, Cooper. This version of Ben Reilly is just used as generic comic relief from every other movie and there's nothing remarkable about that, damn even the Ben Reilly from the comics after retaking the mantle of Scarlet Spider and even as a madman told better jokes, probably if this Ben would have had a deep interaction with the Peter B. Parker or shown some of his past to understand why was behaving in such an angsty way it would have been much better than the bad joke we got in that movie, although you know what could be really funny? That this version of Ben Reilly becomes Chasm at the end of the next movie, considering that the next movie has "Beyond" in the title, and we all know how the whole end of the Spider-Man: Beyond thing led to Ben becoming Chasm in the comics, looking at it that way it doesn't sound so far fetched for that to happen, even more so as Sony doesn't get to handle the endings of their movie trilogies very well.
    end of spoilers

Hey all. I've been MIA for a little while because, first, my partner and I had some housing issues, and THEN this fella decided to come two months early:

55076.jpg

This is Benjamin! Doing VERY well for as early as he was born. Incredibly healthy and continuing to surprise us with each new day -- no breathing issues, drinking from a bottle, etc.

To keep things a little more on-topic:

1) I saw Across the Spiderverse and really enjoyed it. While I would have liked to have seen Ben treated with a little seriousness, it didn't bother me at all that he was used for jokes, as I thought the jokes at least indicated that the creators KNEW Ben and wanted to give his fans at least an indication of that. And hey -- to see Ben on the silver screen was a legit dream come true! Here's hoping he plays a role in Beyond the Spider-Verse.

2) I read Hallows' Eve issue 3, amd while I enjoyed it, I also felt it was the weakest issue of the miniseries so far. I'm hoping to maybe do a review of both 3 and 4 when the latter comes out.

-Pav, who hopes all is well with you fine folks...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Hey all. I've been MIA for a little while because, first, my partner and I had some housing issues, and THEN this fella decided to come two months early:

55076.jpg

This is Benjamin! Doing VERY well for as early as he was born. Incredibly healthy and continuing to surprise us with each new day -- no breathing issues, drinking from a bottle, etc.

1) I saw Across the Spiderverse and really enjoyed it. While I would have liked to have seen Ben treated with a little seriousness, it didn't bother me at all that he was used for jokes, as I thought the jokes at least indicated that the creators KNEW Ben and wanted to give his fans at least an indication of that. And hey -- to see Ben on the silver screen was a legit dream come true! Here's hoping he plays a role in Beyond the Spider-Verse.

2) I read Hallows' Eve issue 3, amd while I enjoyed it, I also felt it was the weakest issue of the miniseries so far. I'm hoping to maybe do a review of both 3 and 4 when the latter comes out.

Congrats Pav, love the name, my little guy just turned one enjoy the ride!

As ever look forward to your reviews

Echo the sentiment of just being psyched to see Ben on the big screen

Mighty Member

Congrats, Pav! Best wishes to all of you
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

55076.jpg

What a wonderful little guy! Congrats Pav!

55076.jpg

Congrats Pav, I wish you and your family including the adorable new addition all the best.

You've missed nothing good in the world of 616 Spidey (same old same old misery) but the new Spider-Verse movie was a blast, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Congratulations Pav!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Congratulations, indeed, Pav! May your family have many happy days ahead together!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

55076.jpg

Congrats, buddy!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Congratulations, Pav!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker