Page 99 of 111 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1659
  1. #1471
    Extraordinary Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    Current run did this character dirty.
    Both Ben and MJ are done dirty

  2. #1472
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, it did, though I did appreciate Dark X-Men #4 for having Ben, despite his current state, call out Orchis for what it really was and refuse to have anything to do with anyone working for Orchis, even if it meant going back to his cell in Limbo.
    Why did he go back to his cell? Why didn't he escape?

  3. #1473
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Why did he go back to his cell? Why didn't he escape?
    Because ORCHIS* sprung him on the implied condition hed fight alongside them. At least thats the in-story reason. Editorial probably wants to save important developments for the character for whatever stuff Wells has planned in ASM.

    *- fun fact: Judas Traveller is a member of ORCHIS! Although hes had no interactions with Chasm/Reilly yet.

  4. #1474
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Is thing on?
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    *- fun fact: Judas Traveller is a member of ORCHIS! Although he’s had no interactions with Chasm/Reilly yet.
    I'd be willing to bet actual money that if Ben met Traveller in a story written by Wells, his reaction would be:

    "Heyyyyy, I know this guy. Or do I?"

    (not scrictly verbatim, but you get the idea. And I can't even begrudge the man for it, because Traveller's gone obscure enough that I don't think I'd able to let that one pass me by either.)
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

  5. #1475
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    20,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Why did he go back to his cell? Why didn't he escape?
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Because ORCHIS* sprung him on the implied condition he’d fight alongside them. At least that’s the in-story reason. Editorial probably wants to save important developments for the character for whatever stuff Wells has planned in ASM.

    *- fun fact: Judas Traveller is a member of ORCHIS! Although he’s had no interactions with Chasm/Reilly yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I'd be willing to bet actual money that if Ben met Traveller in a story written by Wells, his reaction would be:

    "Heyyyyy, I know this guy. Or do I?"

    (not scrictly verbatim, but you get the idea. And I can't even begrudge the man for it, because Traveller's gone obscure enough that I don't think I'd able to let that one pass me by either.)
    Would be an interesting confrontation, at least under a somewhat better writer.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  6. #1476
    Incredible Member JustLuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Somewhere, in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    574

    Default

    https://x.com/Pat_M_Art/status/1729259985643725226?s=20

    Gotta love some good fan-art of Benny-Boy


  7. #1477
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,401

    Default

    Scarlet Spider: The Anime!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  8. #1478
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    20,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    https://x.com/Pat_M_Art/status/1729259985643725226?s=20

    Gotta love some good fan-art of Benny-Boy

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Scarlet Spider: The Anime!
    We are quite overdue for a Spider-Man anime at this point, given how popular the character is in Japan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #1479
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,301

    Default

    Rumours (from 4chan, so several grains of salt are adviced before reading them):

    new bts talks are to leave the Chasm arcs to someone else for a clone saga revisit,
    Wells told Lowe he didn't want to really do anything with Chasm

  10. #1480
    Extraordinary Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Rumours (from 4chan, so several grains of salt are adviced before reading them):

    new bts talks are to leave the Chasm arcs to someone else for a clone saga revisit,
    Wells told Lowe he didn't want to really do anything with Chasm
    Clone saga revisit let me guess we are going to convince Ben that he is the original again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  11. #1481
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    That's ...something. I guess it kind of tracks with Chasm being used in the x-books, but it really doesn't seem like the kind of story the next ASM writer would want to do. Maybe it'll be a one-off story like Jed McKay getting the DD arc between Soule and Zdarsky? Anyway, if Chasm isn't the last arc of Zeb's run, I have no idea what they're planning for that (with Gang War and Return of the Goblin probably leaving 5-10 issues left in the run)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  12. #1482
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's ...something. I guess it kind of tracks with Chasm being used in the x-books, but it really doesn't seem like the kind of story the next ASM writer would want to do. Maybe it'll be a one-off story like Jed McKay getting the DD arc between Soule and Zdarsky? Anyway, if Chasm isn't the last arc of Zeb's run, I have no idea what they're planning for that (with Gang War and Return of the Goblin probably leaving 5-10 issues left in the run)
    I don't think The Return Of The Goblin arc will come out immediatly after the FCBD issue. Dark Web started in a FCBD and took four months to start in the regular series

  13. #1483
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,301

    Default

    The truth is...keeping Ben as Chasm as it is looks like a dead end. What more could you do with that filmsy premise?

  14. #1484
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Clone saga revisit let me guess we are going to convince Ben that he is the original again
    I asked what a Clone Saga revisit entails but to no avail

  15. #1485
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I asked what a Clone Saga revisit entails but to no avail
    Maybe it's whatever Kaine and Chasm are doing and Janine uses Kaine to fix Ben since Peter can't enter limbo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •