Page 25 of 111 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I sympathize with her for being written poorly!
    Absolutely.

(Just as I don't like it when people call out Reed or Tony for making evil clone Thor and other such decisions made while the writers had them holding the jerk ball. Don't blame the characters for bad writing.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Fantastic Member

I do think Ben will eventually become good again... Janine, though? Wouldn't be shocked if she stayed bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I do think Ben will eventually become good again... Janine, though? Wouldn't be shocked if she stayed bad.
    She'll be bad/good. A grey character akin to Harley Quinn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    It’s weird making her evil, as the whole point of her original arc was even though she committed a crime she wasn’t a bad person (and the nature of her crime was almost justified by her abuse). This is throwing all that character development out the window and making her overly reliant on Ben for her happiness too. She’s becoming a bad guy for him. Her only motivation for being bad seems to be to make him feel less alone. Where’s her agency or sense of right and wrong? She wasn’t brain wiped, so what’s her excuse?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It’s weird making her evil, as the whole point of her original arc was even though she committed a crime she wasn’t a bad person (and the nature of her crime was almost justified by her abuse). This is throwing all that character development out the window and making her overly reliant on Ben for her happiness too. She’s becoming a bad guy for him. Her only motivation for being bad seems to be to make him feel less alone. Where’s her agency or sense of right and wrong? She wasn’t brain wiped, so what’s her excuse?
    She's being written by Wells, who pretty much portrays female characters solely as objects to reward the male characters/cause them pain without agency in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    That would require them actually being invested in her character first rather than just adding another name to a list of rogues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That would require them actually being invested in her character first rather than just adding another name to a list of rogues.
    You know hot it is nowadays. Memory wipe, green magic goop= Chasm. Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    isnt harley a hero these days
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

God I hope Across the Spider-Verse's Scarlet Spider doesn't suck because if he does I don't know what I'm going to do

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    God I hope Across the Spider-Verse's Scarlet Spider doesn't suck because if he does I don't know what I'm going to do
    Since it's not being handled by the folks in charge of the comics...I'd say the odds are in our favor.

Incredible Member

I mean Baby May and Spider-dad is a thing in that movie. Odds are pretty damn high

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Know what really just bothers me about this entire thing when looked at with a bird’s eye view? Maxine is a Spider-Man villain who got everything that she wanted and got away with it. From what we saw of her, she wanted to create villains and whether it be through her direct action or something she set into motion, she turned 3 good people and into villains. Kafka she infected with Osborn’s sins, Ben she erased his memories setting him down this path and Janine she released from prison but didn’t expunged her record or erased the records of Beyond having had anything to do with her release turning her into a fugitive which, combined with Ben’s situation, led to her becoming a villain. The Spider office just ended that story with her getting away Scott free and we’ll probably never see her again. Despite ruining 3 people’s lives and having no redeeming qualities, she was allowed to be a Karma Houdini.
    The worst part was her outwitting and escaping her superiors who tried to have her eliminated for letting the whole "Spider-Man Beyond" thing go as far off the rails as it did. She's likely still out there scheming and plotting, even without Beyond backing her up anymore because she publicly botched their plan to coopt superheroes in a way that damaged their reputation, despite being able to use the psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymeric goo that Ben fell into to wipe out the physical evidence of their crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Absolutely.

(Just as I don't like it when people call out Reed or Tony for making evil clone Thor and other such decisions made while the writers had them holding the jerk ball. Don't blame the characters for bad writing.)
    That's generally my stance as well, though sometimes, the actions get so egregious and damaging that on some level, some in-universe accountability or karma has to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I personally blame S'ym's finger that Madelyne stuck in her at the beginning of their alliance. At the very least, it would be easy to retcon that the demonic essence she was infused with had a detrimental effect on her sense of right and wrong, however fed up with the world she might have been at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    isnt harley a hero these days
    Anti-hero at best, I'd say.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I personally blame S'ym's finger that Madelyne stuck in her at the beginning of their alliance. At the very least, it would be easy to retcon that the demonic essence she was infused with had a detrimental effect on her sense of right and wrong, however fed up with the world she might have been at the time.
    Random Question 1:If Janine put on a Spider- mask, would she gain all the normal Spidey powers?!

I say she ditch the goblin chic look and put on the original Scarlet Spider costume

Random Question 2: Could you forgive this storyline somewhat if, due to the demon power finger, Janine gives birth to the 616 version of Darkdevil down the road?

-Pav, who wants Baby May but would be happy with Lil Reilly...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Random Question 1:If Janine put on a Spider- mask, would she gain all the normal Spidey powers?!

I say she ditch the goblin chic look and put on the original Scarlet Spider costume

Random Question 2: Could you forgive this storyline somewhat if, due to the demon power finger, Janine gives birth to the 616 version of Darkdevil down the road?

Hmm, good questions. Random, but good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've said it before a while ago on various sites when we didn't know how Beyond would end, but I think it would be hilarious if Ben and Janine got married instead of Peter and MJ and Ben got to be the Spider-Man with a wife and child instead. Don't get me wrong I'd be frustrated, but it'd be such a reversal on the Clone Saga that I just wouldn't help but find it hilarious.

Also to answer your question properly hell yeah, gimme some Darkdevil