Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Maybe they think they can take the fans for granted, but even the comic journo sites have turned against Ben’s character assassination. Surely, someone at Marvel is taking notice?

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-king-...reilly-marvel/

https://screenrant.com/marvel-spider...n-worse-chasm/

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-dar...-peter-parker/

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-clo...jackal-beyond/
    Another one! https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...-web-spoilers/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    When even CBR has turned against you, something has gone horribly wrong especially when their writers have been so much on their side that they’ve been insultingly referring to Ben as Peter’s evil clone.
    To be fair, CBR has been against Chasm from the get-go

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    To be fair, CBR has been against Chasm from the get-go
    Feels more like they were playing both sides of the field given that they joined in on Marvel’s status acting like Ben was always the evil clone especially when he showed up again after Beyond.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Feels more like they were playing both sides of the field given that they joined in on Marvel’s status acting like Ben was always the evil clone especially when he showed up again after Beyond.
    Foun this also, it could be CBR was trying to appeal to both sides

https://www.cbr.com/ben-reilly-chasm...er-man-marvel/

Astonishing Member

Let Ben Reilly RIP. So saddened seeing what Slott, PAD and Wells has done to him. Should have stayed dead. Thank God for JMD. Seeing the treatment Reilly is getting makes me glad Kaine Parker is MIA.

They literally stuck him in actual limbo, rofl.

So what the hell even happens with him after this? Peter tries to offer him help but Ben is still acting like a moody piece of shit (though he apparently confessed to the entire invasion so he is holding himself accountable at least) and refuses, Janine is off god knows where (most definitely going to be explored in the Hallow's Eve mini), Jean is too fucking stupid that she won't just do what she did to Maddie on Ben, and Maddie apparently doesn't think of this either. It feels like he's just gonna remain there until he escapes and has another temper tantrum only to get beat up again. What even was the moral of this entire event? Don't unleash literal demons on an entire city trying to get your memories back or else people will beat you up for it? Literally nothing was learned, nothing was gained, and there certainly wasn't anything fixed either. I just don't get it.

They're really just going to leave Ben like this, huh? Do they really think people are still going to be invested in more Chasm stories after this? Because I really don't think they will be. Say what you will about Ben after Spider-Geddon, but he at least had appearances in other book afterwards, even if they were just cameos like in that one Conan book, or as a supporting character in Cantwell's Iron Man, but this? I don't know if any writer is going to want to use this character. If Lowe really thought that Ben had no place in the Spider-Man landscape as he was currently, then he really should've considered other options, because I honestly think Chasm has already run it's course for most people at this point. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Scarlet!Ben is going to be in Across the Spider-Verse, I genuinely think Ben wouldn't have survived this.

Now for the million dollar question: How long till Marvel deems Chasm a failed experiment and have him go back to normal and fade into the background again until either A. DeMatteis wants to write another mini again. B. A new writer wants to use him somewhere again. Or C. Editorial tries to experiment with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Now for the million dollar question: How long till Marvel deems Chasm a failed experiment and have him go back to normal and fade into the background again until either A. DeMatteis wants to write another mini again. B. A new writer wants to use him somewhere again. Or C. Editorial tries to experiment with him again.
    I don't think it's "either" or "or", because all three of these options happened with Ben before the Chasm nonsense, and they might happen again lol.

Either way, I can see Ben acting like this next time he shows up:

(From Ruroini Kenshin, forgot the issue but it's from the final battle of the original manga).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Let Ben be stucked in limbo until someone that cares about the character can salvage him.

Also, having Norman Osborn refer to himself as friend of Peter is just awful.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't think it's "either" or "or", because all three of these options happened with Ben before the Chasm nonsense, and they might happen again lol.

Either way, I can see Ben acting like this next time he shows up:

(From Ruroini Kenshin, forgot the issue but it's from the final battle of the original manga).
    Glad to find a fellow Ruroken fan over here, you excited for the anime reboot this year? Anyway, yeah Ben got really screwed over. I wish Marvel gone with the original plan to ship him as Spider-man of the West Coast from last year Timeless.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cosigning everyone's general disappointment here. While it would have been good for Kaine to show up, just to juxtapose his development with what had become of Ben, at this point . . . maybe it was for the best that he didn't show up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Glad to find a fellow Ruroken fan over here, you excited for the anime reboot this year?
    I wouldn't even call myself a casual fan of it, I just watched the anime years ago, and like last year I decided to read some bits of Shishio's arc, noticed there was an arc I wasn't familiar with (And one character is blatantly based on Venom), and just read a bit more.

Didn't even know about a reboot happening, and honestly, in general I'm against reboots/remakes, only maybe I'll take a look at it, but I'm not interested right now.

Although if it goes far enough to reach this guy's arc, man, this scene will probably become a meme lol.

Anyway, yeah Ben got really screwed over. I wish Marvel gone with the original plan to ship him as Spider-man of the West Coast from last year Timeless.
    Ben learned that going to limbo would be better than being written by the current writers, unfortunately, he chose the wrong limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning everyone's general disappointment here. While it would have been good for Kaine to show up, just to juxtapose his development with what had become of Ben, at this point . . . maybe it was for the best that he didn't show up.
    It's definitely for the best that Kaine is not showing up.

Not even Spidey is avoiding crap writing, Ben is having it much worse, so by not being around, Kaine is not being ruined.

It's unfortunate that the writing is so bad that it's better to not show up at all, but it is how it is, Kaine is lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Let Ben be stucked in limbo until someone that cares about the character can salvage him.

Also, having Norman Osborn refer to himself as friend of Peter is just awful.
    Agreed. Of all people showing up declaring that Peter has friends, Norman Osborn doing that against Ben Reilly may be some of the most face palm inducing tone deaf writing I’ve seen in a while, especially when this isn’t even a case where either are in their current state by choice but by external factors. Had Harry not been killed off by Spencer and been the one who showed up it would have actually meant something especially coming from one who is a clone. But coming from Osborn it means nothing and was insulting especially when we all know it’s gonna age like milk.

Astonishing Member

We need Pav's perpective

BANNED

Dark Web Finale will have a second printing

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/prin...ne-minute-war/