Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1659
  1. #76
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    You can tell that you really don't have much idea of Ben's current situation .

    Seriously speaking, unfortunately for you that idea of yours won't happen, even more when that idea you call "retcon" doesn't make any sense nowadays, besides recently in a comic book that idea was completely discarded, so whether you like it or not you just have to accept the fact that the Ben Reilly of the 90's is the same Ben Reilly of today, most of the people here accept that fact, so the faster you accept that reality the better it will be for you, because even if you complain too much about it you won't change anything, that's the way things are now.
    LMAO @ the arrogance! I don’t have to accept anything. Chasm isn’t the real Ben. The characters who tried to claim he is are lying or mistaken.

  2. #77
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    LMAO @ the arrogance! I don’t have to accept anything. Chasm isn’t the real Ben. The characters who tried to claim he is are lying or mistaken.
    You’re free to dislike the story being told as the vast majority of us do but denying objective reality simply because you don’t like it is never healthy, no matter how common it’s become these days.

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You’re free to dislike the story being told as the vast majority of us do but denying objective reality simply because you don’t like it is never healthy, no matter how common it’s become these days.
    It’s not “reality”. You don’t seem to have any inkling how comic book stories work. Eventually a new story will come along that explains that Chasm isn’t the real Ben. Nothing in comic books is set in stone.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    I feel second-hand embarrassment reading all this. If nothing in comics is real, then why bother arguing about it in the first place? You guys should just agree to disagree and move on.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I feel second-hand embarrassment reading all this. If nothing in comics is real, then why bother arguing about it in the first place? You guys should just agree to disagree and move on.
    The thing is, I’m right and they refuse to acknowledge it. That’s the issue.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    The thing is, I’m right and they refuse to acknowledge it. That’s the issue.
    Why can't people have their own opinions. It doesn't matter who is right and wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own views on somethings

  7. #82
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You’re free to dislike the story being told as the vast majority of us do but denying objective reality simply because you don’t like it is never healthy, no matter how common it’s become these days.
    The most unhealthy thing is continuing to commit to this comic and spending money on this drivel, accepting word of god that things are as they are rather than challenge it or poke at the holes in the story. Save up for a car or heating or to provide for yourself, you need that more than capes*it, and THAT is objective reality.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    The thing is, I’m right and they refuse to acknowledge it. That’s the issue.
    So if anything can be “retcon” by any writer, and what you say you want to happen, does happen, somebody can come back later on down the line and “undo” the retcon you claim to be factual about Chasm-Ben not being the real Ben?

    It’s just easier to accept that this is unwanted character grown (or ungrowth) for the time being before Ben is reset again back to factory settings in time for Across the Spider-verse.

    To be honest, I’ve heard the theory about Osborne having switched out Ben theory over and over the last 15 some years and that is the very least uncreative way to bring Ben back. What we got wasn’t the best, but it worked, and was later solidified as canon (for now) as Ben being the real Ben.

    I’d settle with Ben somehow being split into “two-halves” after this story is done. Since this thing is about souls and memories, maybe have something happen that splits Ben into two halves. Maybe have Scarlet-Ben chase Chasm-Ben across the globe trying to get his full soul back and in the end result all that is left of Chasm is just that, a Chasm of flesh.

  9. #84
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Ben can be reset to factory settings via retcon. Why aren’t you getting that? You seem to think retcon is a dirty word. Marvel retconned Peter’s entire marriage and 20 years worth of stories. How do you think that made me, a hardcore Mary Jane Watson-PARKER fan, make me feel? Why should Ben be immune to retcons, particularly one that would instantly fix the damage they’ve done to this character? Make it make sense!!!

  10. #85
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    664

    Default

    But, Ben’s resurrection as it was, was a retcon, to his established death. In comics 15 plus years ago. That alone is a retcon.

    Any characters death, then surprise ressurection, if done by another writer, is a retcon.
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-04-2023 at 01:05 PM.

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Ben can be reset to factory settings via retcon. Why aren’t you getting that? You seem to think retcon is a dirty word. Marvel retconned Peter’s entire marriage and 20 years worth of stories. How do you think that made me, a hardcore Mary Jane Watson-PARKER fan, make me feel? Why should Ben be immune to retcons, particularly one that would instantly fix the damage they’ve done to this character? Make it make sense!!!
    Because those retcons are entirely nonsensical and problematic and there's an easier, simpler solution. You haven't even been reading the books.

    Also, Norman Osborn referred to Chasm as Ben Reilly in his inner monoloue this week, so the idea that a reformed Norman Osborn is keeping the real Ben hidden away somewhere makes even less sense than it did before.

    I'm all for fixing Ben, but not in a way that caused half his history to become an indecipherable mess.

    What happens if they bring back the "real Ben" and you don't like the writing then? More rewriting of years of stories with more evil twins? The retcon angle is so stupid and needlessly confusing.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 01-04-2023 at 01:10 PM.

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    The thing is, I’m right and they refuse to acknowledge it. That’s the issue.
    You're rude and unable to make actual arguments.

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    2,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You’re free to dislike the story being told as the vast majority of us do but denying objective reality simply because you don’t like it is never healthy, no matter how common it’s become these days.
    He doesn't even read modern comics. He's been all over the boards ranting about how everything should be how it was in the 90s and that he hates anyone that likes certain characters.

  14. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    But, Ben’s resurrection as it was, was a retcon, to his established death. In comics 15 plus years ago. That alone is a retcon.

    Any characters death, then surprise ressurection, if done by another writer, is a retcon.
    Thank you! I’d rather Ben have stayed dead than turn into Chasm.

  15. #90
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Honestly, the only thing I think should be retconned/removed out with Ben is the Clone Conspiracy or the PAD series? Beyond and Clone Conspiracy era Ben feel like two completely disconnected characters with the same idea of Ben turning bad so it feels like one shouldn't exist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •