Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Very cool!

I did not even know they had an Invaders post!
    They have one for the many eras!

Here is another--

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Here is another--

[IMG][/IMG]
    Thank you.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The Invaders were created by Roy Thomas, out of his love for the Golden Age era characters. They first appeared in Avengers 71, cover date December 1969, though they weren't called Invaders, and they only consisted of Namor the Sub-Mariner, The Original Human Torch and Captain America. But Roy did have Jim Hammond yell their battle cry "Okay Axis, Here We Come!" in this issue when they fought Yellow Jacket, Black Panther, and Vision as champions in a cosmic contest between Kang and the Grandmaster.

The Invaders sort of appeared again in Avengers 97, cover date March 1972, as heroes "summoned" by Rick Jones during the Kree-Skrull War.

They finally appeared as a team named Invaders in an origin story that appeared in Giant Sized Invaders 1, cover date June 1975, with art by Frank Robbins, inked by Vinnie Colleta. And while Churchill gives them their name in the story, according to Roy Thomas' Recollection page in Giant Sized Avengers 1, it was Stan Lee who inadvertently named the team and the title. Stan had intended to use Invaders for a proposed Namor and Hulk anthology or team up book, but that idea fell to the wayside due to the TV show, and Roy Thomas used it instead for this book!

And thus was started the Invaders first ongoing, which ran for 41 issues, an Annual and this Giant Sized issue.

From a Golden Age: The Invaders Appreciation 2014-2018

From a Golden Age: The Invaders Appreciation 2019

The Invaders Appreciation 2020

The Invaders Appreciation 2021
    Some of my favorite remembered comics ! I especially loved the era when Sal Buscema was the Avengers' artist.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Here is another--

[IMG][/IMG]
    The art seems to be by Ron Frenz, or Sal Buscema, or even by Ron Frenz AND Sal Buscema.

Peace

Here is another--

[IMG][/IMG]
    I guess I was so surprised because I know someone into comics who always vacations there, but has never mentioned these nor posted the images online, only his pics of the princesses.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

They have 90s era and over ones also.

Extraordinary Member

Any thoughts on the newest iteration of New Invaders from Captain America Sentinel of Liberty?

The team that makes me go 'meh'.

Bunch of others I would have liked to see Cap call on in his time of need.

And whatever happened to Toro. Brought back in that Avengers/Invaders book, had some appearances like the Torch series where Mad Thinker tested him and said he was a mutant. then ruined in the Inhuman push and went to Attilan...just to never be seen again. You would think with him and Bucky being friends that Steve would have reached out to him for help.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Some of my favorite remembered comics ! I especially loved the era when Sal Buscema was the Avengers' artist.
    Me too. Definitely, an All-Time Favorite (IMHO):

She-hulk goes back in time and meets the all winning squad "quick I better dress up as someone from this time as not to alter history!"

Avengers go back and time and meet the invaders "Hi were the avengers!"

Good job there guys.

By the way here is a video showing the eras on the posts!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That's a cool video! I knew about the Invaders spire, but not that it was supposed to be a meteor strike, or any of the other info about the amusement park. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Early on his work looked a lot more like his brother's, Big John, who I believed he inked.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-14-2023 at 11:24 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The team that makes me go 'meh'.

Bunch of others I would have liked to see Cap call on in his time of need.

And whatever happened to Toro. Brought back in that Avengers/Invaders book, had some appearances like the Torch series where Mad Thinker tested him and said he was a mutant. then ruined in the Inhuman push and went to Attilan...just to never be seen again. You would think with him and Bucky being friends that Steve would have reached out to him for help.

I'm not sure where Toro is now. The mutant thing was bad enough, but then the whole Inhumans thing ... SMH. Smacks of desperate. I'm thinking they don't want Bucky to deal with his friends while he's gone rogue. I mean, if he's not listening to Steve, I'm not sure Toro would do better.

The team has some promise, though they certainly aren't as flashy as the original. Or have as much history, though we do have Peggy (sort of) and Sharon, as well as the Destroyer.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

She-hulk goes back in time and meets the all winning squad "quick I better dress up as someone from this time as not to alter history!"

Avengers go back and time and meet the invaders "Hi were the avengers!"

Good job there guys.
    LOL! Good point. Though ... all of these guys don't have the best memories, as they probably know.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. Definitely, an All-Time Favorite (IMHO):
    I'm surprised you didn't go for the BEEES! panel. ;p

I'm surprised you didn't go for the BEEES! panel. ;p
    LOL! Very well, then. Here they are, both versions...

Avengers #71

Invaders Annual #1