Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Blazing Skull should be more popular than he is.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm not sure where Toro is now. The mutant thing was bad enough, but then the whole Inhumans thing ... SMH. Smacks of desperate. I'm thinking they don't want Bucky to deal with his friends while he's gone rogue. I mean, if he's not listening to Steve, I'm not sure Toro would do better.

The team has some promise, though they certainly aren't as flashy as the original. Or have as much history, though we do have Peggy (sort of) and Sharon, as well as the Destroyer.
    The mutant thing goes back a long way. IIRC it was in his OHOTMU entry as the source of his power. So good or bad it was something that was at least established for a while. The Inhuman thing just seemed like it was off the cuff for the sake of this story.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I say this every year, but never get to it. I need to read more with Blazing Skull. I liked him in New Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The mutant thing goes back a long way. IIRC it was in his OHOTMU entry as the source of his power. So good or bad it was something that was at least established for a while. The Inhuman thing just seemed like it was off the cuff for the sake of this story.
    Hmmm. I thought it was later, but looking at the OHOTMU entry, I think when they established his origin post-Golden Age, that they came up with the idea he may have been a mutant. His father worked with Horton (where he might have been affected by the synthetic cells?) and his mother was working with radium, hence he was mutated?

Yeah, the Inhuman thing was just Robinson jumping on the 'now' thing, IMO.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I say this every year, but never get to it. I need to read more with Blazing Skull. I liked him in New Invaders.

Hmmm. I thought it was later, but looking at the OHOTMU entry, I think when they established his origin post-Golden Age, that they came up with the idea he may have been a mutant. His father worked with Horton (where he might have been affected by the synthetic cells?) and his mother was working with radium, hence he was mutated?

Yeah, the Inhuman thing was just Robinson jumping on the 'now' thing, IMO.
    Yeah that's how I remember it.

1940's just a boy who could flame-on (?!), then the 90's Toro was theorized to maybe be a mutant. The now thing is Inhuman.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Remember when he started showing up in midnight sons as "ghost rider 1945!" He was promoted on the cover as a ghost rider!

[IMG][/IMG]

Edit--imgur working again. Swapped the cover.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-17-2023 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Remember when he started showing up in midnight sons as "ghost rider 1945!" He was premoted on the cover as a ghost rider!

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, sorry guys for the photo as clicking on it can send you to the photo site. I tend to use imgur (where you won't go to another site) but for some reason it's messing up today for me. Have to use a fill in.
    Wow I didn’t know this existed, I’m going to check this out. The cover looks like a James Robinson Starman “Times Past” issue.

He has a role in the hub areas of lego avengers game also. Mighty destroyer, spitfire, union jack, torch 1 there also. No miss america however.

How was the James Robinson series?

They have union jack, bucky, agent carter (voiced by the actress from the show) and fury's team also but won't post those as not to clog the topic with too many videos.

https://marvelstrikeforce.com/en/upd...update-3-10-23

Marvel Strike Force game is adding an Invaders segment. But their idea of the Invaders is Cap, Bucky, Nick Fury Jr. and Orson Randall Iron Fist. Oh, and they are adding Union Jack.

They put out this great video with Namor, Jim Hammond, Toro, Spitfire ... but they aren't part of their Invaders for some reason. But Nick Fury Jr. and Iron Fist!

Yeah, I'm underwhelmed. But at least they are adding Union Jack.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStrikeF/st...466896897?s=20
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-30-2023 at 11:36 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A lot of teams in that game make no sense. The Young Avengers for example don't include Cassie Lang, but do include Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Quake - who are all Avengers, and young, but are not Young Avengers in the comics (Kamala was an ANAD Avenger, Doreen a New and U.S.Avenger, and Quake a Secret Avenger).

Article about the debuts of Miss America, Patsy Walker, Namora, Blonde Phantom, and Venus. Interestingly, the All-Winners Squad, aka the Invaders, were secondary to Blonde Phantom when All-Winners Comics first launched.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-female-su...h-anniversary/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cool article! Thanks for sharing the link.

I watched the first episode of Secret Invasion, and Olivia Coleman's character is a MI-6 leader named Sonya Falsworth.

Astonishing Member

Always preferred the junior team