Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen Appreciation 2023.

My favourite version of Gwen Stacy. Lucky to own two first printings of this, her debut as Spider-Gwen.

Arrow

Uh, I liked her much better as an Earth 65 exclusive who occasionally crossed over into 616 for major events.

She's still an interesting character at times but creative decisions in recent years have made the bloom come off her rose for me which is a pity.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Uh, I liked her much better as an Earth 65 exclusive who occasionally crossed over into 616 for major events.

She's still an interesting character at times but creative decisions in recent years have made the bloom come off her rose for me which is a pity.
    As a fan of Spider-Gwen, I agree with all this. Less is more. Make sporadic appearances away from Earth-65. The draw of the character to me was that world, the costume, artwork and writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    As a fan of Spider-Gwen, I agree with all this. Less is more. Make sporadic appearances away from Earth-65. The draw of the character to me was that world, the costume, artwork and writing.
    Yup, now she's become one of what feels like two dozen Spider-extras roaming aimlessly around Earth 616 which is a shame when she, her world, and her supporting cast were originally so unique.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup, now she's become one of what feels like two dozen Spider-extras roaming aimlessly around Earth 616 which is a shame when she, her world, and her supporting cast were originally so unique.
    Yeah, even her upcoming Marvel Infinity comic is going to be set on Earth-616. I know she was kind of becoming obsessed with Earth-616 at the beginning of Gwenverse because in comparison to her universe there are a lot more supervillains to fight and stuff but perhaps they (Peter, Miles and her dad) should sit her down for an interdimensional intervention or something. Can you get addicted to Multiversal travel? Hmm...
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

They actually gave her a reason to be on 616 too - Sue and Johnny Storm of Earth-65 are villains, and have run her out of town. Gwen needs to bring their 616 counterparts to knock some sense into them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They actually gave her a reason to be on 616 too - Sue and Johnny Storm of Earth-65 are villains, and have run her out of town.
    That's all been resolved off-panel.

Happy New Year to Earth-65 Gwen and her fans .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That's all been resolved off-panel.
    Which is a shame. I'm still wondering about Em Jay retaining a portion of one of Knull's symbiotes inside her, and if that's going to ever get picked up again. That said, Happy New Year.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I'm keeping my expectations tempered on this one, resolving old storylines i mean. I'm hoping to get AT LEAST another mini after the gwen-verse 2: electric boogaloo in march and will be quite satisfied with them actually giving her another stab at a solo ongoing, if we're lucky. Hopefully featuring in ATSV gets that train going. Happy new year!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    I'm keeping my expectations tempered on this one, resolving old storylines i mean. I'm hoping to get AT LEAST another mini after the gwen-verse 2: electric boogaloo in march and will be quite satisfied with them actually giving her another stab at a solo ongoing, if we're lucky. Hopefully featuring in ATSV gets that train going. Happy new year!
    I'd like to see that, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Marvel: Time to kill Spider Gwen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    so gwen is coming back 2023 again for Peter
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so gwen is coming back 2023 again for Peter
    No it's just another thing to gloss over her death again