New cover
    “Spider gwen smash” issue 1… nightmare Variant

Source Facebook Peach Momoko
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Gwen as (wo)man-Spider?
    Peach strikes again!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Man, the man-spider saga was my **** back in the 90s TAS day, instead of the 20th spider-verse or the millionth clone-saga i wish they revisited the mutation body horror themes of that saga again. I remember being 300% creeped out as a kid, it was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tapioca Blitzkrieg View Post
    Man, the man-spider saga was my **** back in the 90s TAS day, instead of the 20th spider-verse or the millionth clone-saga i wish they revisited the mutation body horror themes of that saga again. I remember being 300% creeped out as a kid, it was awesome
    Same. Hard same...and like the one time Kraven was a good guy .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I still can't bring myself to rewatch Morbius's debut as the Living Vampire due to the end of that episode scaring the hell out of me as a kid. Speaking of . . . it's rather funny to me that Gwen's first foray into spider-powered heroics in the 2017 Spider-Man cartoon ended in her becoming a (Wo)man-Spider, just like Peach Momoko's Nightmare cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same. Hard same...and like the one time Kraven was a good guy .
    I thought Kraven was more of a good guy overall in TAS, insofar as his first appearance being he was just out of his mind on that serum and in his third (and last) appearance he was trying to fix or solve what he accidentally unleashed by using the serum to save Dr. Mariah Crawford's life, though I'll cop to finding that third appearance more memorable for a deeply embittered and angrier-than-usual Spider-Man still grieving over Mary Jane's presumed death at the end of Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought Kraven was more of a good guy overall in TAS, insofar as his first appearance being he was just out of his mind on that serum and in his third (and last) appearance he was trying to fix or solve what he accidentally unleashed by using the serum to save Dr. Mariah Crawford's life, though I'll cop to finding that third appearance more memorable for a deeply embittered and angrier-than-usual Spider-Man still grieving over Mary Jane's presumed death at the end of Season 3.
    I don't think Spider-Man was ever even able to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    You just gotta hit her with the ''......Hey''

You just gotta hit her with the ''......Hey''
    And don't forget the shoulder touch!

Variant cover by John Giang for Spider-Gwen Smash #1 exclusive to Big Time Collectibles

Source Facebook ThecomicAwakens
    Last edited by juan678; 11-09-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Variant cover by John Giang for Spider-Gwen Smash #1 exclusive to Big Time Collectibles

Source Facebook ThecomicAwakens
    Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Gwen's been getting mentioned in Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl's appreciation thread. Apparently they have the same hairstyle, blonde, shoulder length, bangs, with a headband. Not sure what's taken the DC fans so long to notice, since Cassie's looked like that for the last four years (since the Bendis Young Justice series). The new concept art does have her hair slightly shorter than in Bendis's Young Justice, but we all know it's not going to be drawn consistently - just like Gwen's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen's been getting mentioned in Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl's appreciation thread. Apparently they have the same hairstyle, blonde, shoulder length, bangs, with a headband. Not sure what's taken the DC fans so long to notice, since Cassie's looked like that for the last four years (since the Bendis Young Justice series). The new concept art does have her hair slightly shorter than in Bendis's Young Justice, but we all know it's not going to be drawn consistently - just like Gwen's.
    Even before Bendis's Young Justice, though I think Cassie had goggles in the original PAD Young Justice rather than a headband, unless I'm confusing her somewhat with her animated YJ incarnation.

Yeah, you're right. Round her neck originally, but they were in the same position as her current headband by the end of YJ - they were ditched when she was redesigned for Teen Titans. I don't get why the complaints about her looking like Gwen are only happening now though, when it's something kept from her previous look and not changed for Tom King's Wonder Woman - and you're quite right, she has it in the YJ cartoon as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Round her neck originally, but they were in the same position as her current headband by the end of YJ - they were ditched when she was redesigned for Teen Titans. I don't get why the complaints about her looking like Gwen are only happening now though, when it's something kept from her previous look and not changed for Tom King's Wonder Woman - and you're quite right, she has it in the YJ cartoon as well.
    Thanks, and I blame recency bias, to be frank.

Amazing Spider-Man #41 Miguel Mercado exclusive retailer variant

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...89737270284700