Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I feel gipped that Patsy was on the cover but was A. only in two pages and B. never suited up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    You're starting to dislike her because of...what, exactly? Jen hasn't done anything wrong, at least as of yet. The flirting and the attempts at pursuing a relationship have all been on Scoundrel's side of things. Jen may find him attractive, but there's nothing wrong with that. Just because you are in a relationship with someone does not make you suddenly go blind.

As for Jen and Jack--as you say, they have not been dating that long, which means they are not necessarily in an "exclusive" relationship as of yet. It is possible for someone to be date multiple people without it being cheating, after all. That being said, I do think that Jen and Jack had gotten serious enough that Jen wouldn't be looking to casually date anyone else.

There is also the fact that their relationship has been in a bit of a weird state since Jack's powers have reactivated. There has been a distance growing between them, separate from anything to do with Scoundrel. So Jen and Jack might end up deciding to just be friends--in which case IF anything develops between her and Scoundrel (which is still a big "if" at this point, since Jen is more interested in arresting him than dating him), it wouldn't be cheating.

Apparently, you’re awfully lax in your dating life. Naive?

In this issue alone she’s bailed on her hangout with Patsy to chase after the guy, walked down the street arm in arm with him and avoided Patsy’s question of if she’s seeing someone else behind Jack’s back? Why didn’t she answer the question? Because she feels embarrassed and guilty. It was only a few issues ago that she was gushing over Jack and now she’s obsessed with this guy? She’s coming off as fickle to me. Also, if Jack and She-Hulk’s relationship isn’t supposed to be monogamous than why hasn’t she mentioned this guy to Jack? Surely he wouldn’t mind if they weren’t monogamous. He’s busy with his own problems and would understand. But no, she hasn’t mentioned it to him because she’s nervous and doesn’t want to hurt him. Why? Because they’re monogamous and she’s being tempted by another guy. Not to mention that it’s awfully telling in Jack’s first appearance in the issue it describes him as wearing his heart on his sleeve. That wasn’t a coincidence. Jack’s going to get his feelings hurt when he finds out about this guy.
    Last edited by hoth82; 05-18-2023 at 07:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    In this issue alone she’s bailed on her hangout with Patsy to chase after the guy
    Yes, she pursued the thief she is trying to learn more about.

walked down the street arm in arm with him
    Playing along with him to try and learn more about him, since he made it clear that if she tried to fight him he'd just escape (again)--and then proved it later in the issue when Jen did finally make an attempt to hit him.

and avoided Patsy’s question of if she’s seeing someone else behind Jack’s back? Why didn’t she answer the question?
    She DID answer the question -- "Of course I'm not seeing someone else".

Because she feels embarrassed and guilty.
    True. She does feel guilty about her attraction to him. That still doesn't mean that she has actually done anything wrong though.

It was only a few issues ago that she was gushing over Jack and now she’s obsessed with this guy?
    Keep in mind that this "obsession" is not strictly romantic or sexual (at least not on her end) -- he is a thief that she has failed to capture repeatedly; who tossed her out a building with ease; and who she knows virtually nothing about. Even without the fact that she happens to find him physically attractive she is going to be obsessed with trying to figure out what this guy's deal is (since people who can toss her around that casually are pretty rare) and bringing him to justice (especially since there is now a wounded pride aspect to it from him getting away from her).

Also, if Jack and She-Hulk’s relationship isn’t supposed to be monogamous than why hasn’t she mentioned this guy to Jack? Surely he wouldn’t mind if they weren’t monogamous. He’s busy with his own problems and would understand. But no, she hasn’t mentioned it to him because she’s nervous and doesn’t want to hurt him. Why? Because they’re monogamous and she’s being tempted by another guy. Not to mention that it’s awfully telling in Jack’s first appearance in the issue it describes him as wearing his heart on his sleeve. That wasn’t a coincidence. Jack’s going to get his feelings hurt when he finds out about this guy.
    As I said in my previous post I do think that Jen and Jack have gotten serious enough that Jen wouldn't be dating anyone else. I only mentioned the possibility of them not technically being exclusive yet since it is still a fairly new relationship.

I agree that Jen doesn't want to hurt Jack, but I don't necessarily think Jen is "hiding" the Scoundrel situation in a sinister "I'm keeping secrets from my boyfriend" way. I think its more a question of she's still figuring out the situation herself. Its not like Jen is looking to start up a romance with Scoundrel -- she's trying to arrest him. She just happens to find him attractive, which is making her uncomfortable.

I absolutely agree that it looks like we're headed into a situation where things are going to get messy (messy-er, I should say--the Jen/Jack relationship has already been in a bit of a mess since Jack got his powers back). I was just surprised that you seemed to be preemptively judging Jen as a cheater when the story hasn't gone there as of yet.

She-Hulk could be sitting in this guy’s bedroom, naked and telling him to take her and people would still say she’s done nothing wrong or insist that it’s all in pursuit of capturing him. For me, the cheating started the minute she started becoming attracted/obsessed to/with him despite already being in a relationship with someone else. An obsession which is very clearly based more on attraction than it is being a good guy that wants to capture a bad guy.

I love relationships in comics, what I don’t love is that relationship possibly being ruined because apparently one of the people in the relationship can’t decide what she wants to do. Stay faithful to her boyfriend, who remains clueless about the whole situation or cheat on him with a criminal. Like that would be a good idea even if she didn’t have a boyfriend, being a hero that dates a criminal. That always works out well for Spider-Man! Also, Jen already knows how screwed up Jack is emotionally from what’s happened in his past. Does she seriously think keeping this from him is the best idea for his emotional state, especially now that he has his powers back?

These new panels from the next issue sure do paint She-Hulk in a good light…Marvel’s social media is even treating this like She-Hulk ditched Jack’s date so she could go with this guy instead. I stopped reading Spider-Man, the very first superhero I ever read because of relationship ruining storylines like this.

Last edited by hoth82; 05-25-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Glad it’s not just me who sees the situation this way.

Last edited by hoth82; 05-25-2023 at 08:45 PM.

I assume she'll probably put him down in the next page. Or at least I hope she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume she'll probably put him down in the next page. Or at least I hope she does.
    We’ll see, but it does feel like it’s leading up to a surprise.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...34512699404289

My next set of cornerbox covers. These are for #Avengers #3 and #Xmen #24. This makes 6 so far with more on the way! #MarvelComics

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

My next set of cornerbox covers. These are for #Avengers #3 and #Xmen #24. This makes 6 so far with more on the way! #MarvelComics

I'd read this team in a heartbeat!

Has anything more been said about August just being a skip month? It seems like there’s a WHOLE lot more story that needs to be told than can be fit in to just two more issues!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd read this team in a heartbeat!
    That was my first thought when seeing that cover too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Has this ever been the roster? Late 80s maybe?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Has this ever been the roster? Late 80s maybe?
    No, not as a single roster. This IS representing the 80s Avengers, but they were split across the East and West Coast rosters at the time.

Amazing Member

A bit late to this thread but I don't see Jen cheating on Jack in issue 14. The Scoundrel is making his intent clear and although Jen is attracted to him I don't believe she will cross the line. I do think this plot will highlight the problems Jen is dealing in her relationship with Jack and I think it will help her decide what to do. I imagine she will either open up to Jack and tell him how she feels in hopes they can work together to overcome these relationship problems (maybe work towards finding a solution for not being able to touch one another) or possibly go the break up route while still not hooking up with the scoundrel. I do hope Jen and Jack will make it as I found them cute together and would love to see an exploration into overcoming their current problems. I mean if Rogue and Gambit could make it work, it would be nice to see the same for these two.