Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    She-Hulk #11 variant by Rickie Yagawa

hot damn, that looks beautiful

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Jen looking as stunning as ever !

What are the odds of future books with decent legal drama?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What are the odds of future books with decent legal drama?
    In before Marvel releases the comic-book equivalent to The Practice .

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wouldn’t really call that new, I posted it on 12/26 in last year’s thread. She just didn’t post it to Twitter until now.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

I was wondering, now that Titania is "good" for now, who will be She-Hulk's new supervillain who tries to beat her up? Have they shown her new arch nemesis yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I was wondering, now that Titania is "good" for now, who will be She-Hulk's new supervillain who tries to beat her up? Have they shown her new arch nemesis yet?
    I think it's supposed to be the current married couple?

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Titania is back to robbing banks in 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's supposed to be the current married couple?

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Titania is back to robbing banks in 2-3 years.
    I guess it could be them. Gamma-Brain April!

Lol, I think it would be funny if She-Hulk stumbles upon Titania robbing a bank and asking what happened to all her character development.

Astonishing Member

TO be fair, Titania falling back into old habits wouldn't necessarily mean abandoning any of her character development. People do just sometimes fall back into bad habits and old patterns -- and even in the GAMMA FLIGHT mini Titania and Absorbing Man were already talking about how it is likely they will inevitably end up falling back into crime sooner or later. Neither of them are the type to retire into quiet civilian life -- they tried it before and got bored and started picking fights with people for fun. And although they both have some spark of decency inside them, let's be honest--they aren't really nice people (Absorbing Man is a rapist, although we tend not to focus on that), so they aren't really likely prospects to become full-fledged superheroes. They played the part for a while with Gamma Flight since it was a job and it kept them out of prison...but they aren't going to be joining the Avengers to put their lives on the line to save innocent people out of the goodness of their hearts.

And there's nothing wrong with that -- not every villain can (or should) be fully redeemed. Its great that they've fleshed Titania and Absorbing Man out more and given them more depth and shades of grey....but they don't need to try and turn them all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    TO be fair, Titania falling back into old habits wouldn't necessarily mean abandoning any of her character development. People do just sometimes fall back into bad habits and old patterns -- and even in the GAMMA FLIGHT mini Titania and Absorbing Man were already talking about how it is likely they will inevitably end up falling back into crime sooner or later. Neither of them are the type to retire into quiet civilian life -- they tried it before and got bored and started picking fights with people for fun. And although they both have some spark of decency inside them, let's be honest--they aren't really nice people (Absorbing Man is a rapist, although we tend not to focus on that), so they aren't really likely prospects to become full-fledged superheroes. They played the part for a while with Gamma Flight since it was a job and it kept them out of prison...but they aren't going to be joining the Avengers to put their lives on the line to save innocent people out of the goodness of their hearts.

And there's nothing wrong with that -- not every villain can (or should) be fully redeemed. Its great that they've fleshed Titania and Absorbing Man out more and given them more depth and shades of grey....but they don't need to try and turn them all the way.
    Especially because Marvel probably needs as many memorable female villains as they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

One thing writers forget far too often... you don't need a former villain to go full evil to use them as an antagonist.

In Titania's case you can just say she felt like having a fist fight. She's done it before! There was one comic where she waited for Jen to finish a court case, and ambushed her outside the courtroom.... why? She wasn't gettign paid for it... it was because fighting Jen was fun.

And she's getting to do that with her current status quo, being used as a sparring partner, like how boxers practice against actual opponents in the gym before fighting a rival for a title.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't see Titania going full hero either, but if she's gonna be a hired muscle to do some good deeds I see her dipping into that.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.