She-Hulk #13 cover by Jen Bartel - May 2023 Solicitations

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

She-Hulk #13 cover by Jen Bartel - May 2023 Solicitations
    Can't wait to get more Patsy !

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't wait to get more Patsy !
    Loved seeing her in issue # 10.

It certainly makes sense for her to show up here. They were supporting cast in each other's books in ANAD - She-Hulk was in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat, then when Civil War II happened and Jen was temporarily out of action, Hellcat's book replaced her with Jubilee. Patsy later showed up in the Hulk book that starred Jen which launched shortly after that. It was only after that book ended that they haven't been together - Jen was on Avengers, and Patsy just vanished until Iron Man relaunched.

Of course they were already friends before that - I assume it started when they were both Avengers in the 80s?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It certainly makes sense for her to show up here. They were supporting cast in each other's books in ANAD - She-Hulk was in Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat, then when Civil War II happened and Jen was temporarily out of action, Hellcat's book replaced her with Jubilee. Patsy later showed up in the Hulk book that starred Jen which launched shortly after that. It was only after that book ended that they haven't been together - Jen was on Avengers, and Patsy just vanished until Iron Man relaunched.

Of course they were already friends before that - I assume it started when they were both Avengers in the 80s?
    I wonder if Patsy will call on Jen for her legal trouble in her upcoming mini...

hmmm just had a think... has Jen ever met Evangeline Whedon?

Extraordinary Member

I really liked in the latest issue how instead of replying to Thor's booty call-like text, she asked for Patsy to come over instead.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I really liked in the latest issue how instead of replying to Thor's booty call-like text, she asked for Patsy to come over instead.
    Honestly coming from Thor I doubt it was a booty call and more just him checking in on her...if they're acting in-character, but the whole relationship and it's handling was such an afterthought at times that I'm surprised it was even referenced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

No, She-Hulk and Hellcat have never been active Avengers at the same time. Patsy's brief stint with the team was about #145-151 (then she left and ended up joining the Defenders after a few months being trained by Moondragon) while She-Hulk didn't join the team until #221.

The Jen/Patsy friendship apparently formed off-panel at some point, and didn't really become a consistent in-story thing until the Charles Soule SHE-HULK run. Prior to that it was usually Janet Van Dyne who was shown as Jen's best friend in the superhero community.

Which the current book also brought up of course - since Jen is living in an apartment owned by Jan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What are fans' thoughts on She-Hulk in the 90s Hulk cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No, She-Hulk and Hellcat have never been active Avengers at the same time. Patsy's brief stint with the team was about #145-151 (then she left and ended up joining the Defenders after a few months being trained by Moondragon) while She-Hulk didn't join the team until #221.

The Jen/Patsy friendship apparently formed off-panel at some point, and didn't really become a consistent in-story thing until the Charles Soule SHE-HULK run. Prior to that it was usually Janet Van Dyne who was shown as Jen's best friend in the superhero community.
    I think even in the Slott run the only time Jen and Patsy interacted was when Jen was advocating to her the appeal for registering.
    Where she was voiced by Cree Summer? I remember her introduction to Bruce's trial .

I've only seen her in clips from Youtube so I can't give full thoughts. I rarely got to see the 90s Hulk cartoon. It was always X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man in the prime slots. While Iron Man and Hulk were the neglected shows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    I don’t like the look of how comfortable She-Hulk seems on that cover with Scoundrel. I’m hoping it’s not another Spider-Man/Black Cat situations where she starts to fall for him.
    I hope not. I really want to see her relationship with Jack of Hearts work. Although, I still want to see Jennifer and Jack work together at the same law firm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

I thought the Jen/Patsy friendship was formed as a direct result of Patsy coming to work at Jen's office? It didn't seem to me like they were already best friends when she first appeared in that run.