Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Is anyone reading the Dr. Strange Fall Sunrise mini? And if so, can anyone explain what the hell is going on in it? I literally have no idea.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Is anyone reading the Dr. Strange Fall Sunrise mini? And if so, can anyone explain what the hell is going on in it? I literally have no idea.
    I am! I LOVE it. The art and story is so trippy. I can stare it for hours. I feel like it's something out of the 70s.

Strange has ended up in a strange land, helping out an entity. He's arrived forgetful and confused. He's taken prisoner with two other people who are on a quest to take the entity's twin, that still resides in this land.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Treasury Edition of Fall Sunrise coming in July?

Definitely going to get this as some of the panels are small and there are so many details!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE TREASURY EDITION TPB
    Written by TRADD MOORE
    Penciled by TRADD MOORE
    Cover by TRADD MOORE
    Brace yourself for a Doctor Strange story like you’ve never seen! From the uncanny mind of Tradd Moore (SILVER SURFER: BLACK), the Master of the Mystic Arts stars in one of his most mind-bending adventures — now wilder than ever on the oversized pages of a Treasury Edition! Doctor Strange awakens alone in a distant world not his own. Lost of purpose and surrounded by danger, the wandering sorcerer must explore this land of blades and mystery to unravel arcane secrets and escape the deadly horrors that lie in wait! Strange is pulled in every direction by powerful figures while millions of lives rest in the balance — including his own! Who can he trust? Can this world’s deadly ritual be stopped? Or is the answer simply…blood? Heaven help us, it must be blood! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE #1-4.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95076-7
    Trim size: 8-1/2 x 13
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

New issue of STRANGE coming out next week!

Last edited by Reviresco; 01-14-2023 at 10:51 AM.

Last edited by Reviresco; 01-14-2023 at 10:50 AM.

Strange academy show may be in the works with wong filling in for strange.

https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-st...8807#gs.n70s6x

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Strange academy show may be in the works with wong filling in for strange.

https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-st...8807#gs.n70s6x
    Hmmmm. Like the article said, that would seem to put things in a rush. I wouldn't object to seeing more of Wong, for sure. But I always thought they were going to use all the younger legacy heroes for a Young Avengers movie / show.

Poor Bob. XD

Spectacular Member

Sigh.

Too much to ask for Bob to have shaken this off and fled by the end of the issue, rather than the continual beshitting of his character?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    Sigh.

Too much to ask for Bob to have shaken this off and fled by the end of the issue, rather than the continual beshitting of his character?
    Dude, he's being treated well here. Certainly better than poor Bill Foster's corpse has ever been treated. And the character himself will be back in due time, *especially* if the rumors about his MCU potential are true.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Dude, he's being treated well here. Certainly better than poor Bill Foster's corpse has ever been treated. And the character himself will be back in due time, *especially* if the rumors about his MCU potential are true.
    That's one way to read it for sure, and I wish I had your optimism. He's apparently rumoured to be a villain in the Thunderbolts movie, last I heard. Given the MCU villain formula, he'll likely be a one and done.
    It just feels like we have gotten so far from the character that I enjoyed in the first place. As always, I will hope for the best against the odds, and probably fail to be surprised when the character is botched again.

Astonishing Member

If anything I thought Sentry radiating his S shape from his head was some silly cool idea. But I'd agree being a functional final villain to end a run for such long-standing characters like Clea and Doc Strange beats the hell out of the Weekend at Bernie's sketch Bob got in Thunderbolts.

And I really think even if Sentry wasn't in the Thunderbolts movie we'd still see him live sooner or later. Reason being that very long story short Disney have no choice but keep mining comics content as much as possible, and as of right now Sentry is *still* being used in comics. Pixar animations are massively devalued right now, James Cameron can only make so many Avatar movies at a given time, Disney seems unable to successfully introduce to the mainstream regular actor movies anymore by themselves (they lucked on the likes of Free Guy, Barbarian, The Menu and Prey because they got them by buying Fox) and their biggest animated films already got remade live. I'm sure they'll eventually make a lot of money when remaking the likes of Frozen and Moana, but they'd look desperate if they did it too soon.
    Last edited by Wildling; 01-16-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    That's one way to read it for sure, and I wish I had your optimism. He's apparently rumoured to be a villain in the Thunderbolts movie, last I heard. Given the MCU villain formula, he'll likely be a one and done.
    It just feels like we have gotten so far from the character that I enjoyed in the first place. As always, I will hope for the best against the odds, and probably fail to be surprised when the character is botched again.
    That formula being why we're having an entire movie right now that he's supposedly gonna be in that's utilizing the villains of previous movies, right? Let's not derail this with any more Sentry chatter, but yes, Wildling is right. This is way better than the treatment he got in Thunderbolts last time around. xD
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-16-2023 at 11:11 PM.

Spectacular Member

Indeed. Apologies for derailing the thread. I shall say no more on the subject.