Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    If anything I thought Sentry radiating his S shape from his head was some silly cool idea. But I'd agree being a functional final villain to end a run for such long-standing characters like Clea and Doc Strange beats the hell out of the Weekend at Bernie's sketch Bob got in Thunderbolts.
    The forehead thing is because his body is being used by the revenant spirits. Thunderstrike had the same sort of thing going on.

It should probably be noted that these are not the heroes being turned into revenants. These are their bodies being possessed by rogue spirits. Think of it like necromantic cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The forehead thing is because his body is being used by the revenant spirits. Thunderstrike had the same sort of thing going on.

It should probably be noted that these are not the heroes being turned into revenants. These are their bodies being possessed by rogue spirits. Think of it like necromantic cosplay.
    Right. It's not Bob. It's just his residual power absent what makes him him. Bob's soul was last seen in Valhalla, and he'll be returning to life soon enough. I wish the same could be said for Thunderstrike and Bill Foster.

So that was really good!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So that was really good!
    Would you be able to post spoilers please?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    Would you be able to post spoilers please?
    In brief:

spoilers:
    Clea & Stephen are being beaten fairty badly by revenant!Sentry. As a final resort, Clea kisses Stephen, causing their diametrically-opposed magicks to collide. However, between Clea's experience managing two Sorcerer Supreme mantles and the fact she has a piece of Stephen's soul, they are able to merge into a fusion of opposites called "Strange" (no relation to the masked guy from the 90s). Strange defeats the revenant, releasing its trapped souls in a burst of mystical energy that wipes out the Cartel's headquarters.

Despite Clea's wish otherwise, the various mooks are sent away, with their memories of being members of the Blasphemy Cartel erased, except for Director None, who cannot be saved that way because he erased his past. As the Emerald City explodes, he calls out to the Trinity of Ashes to save him.

Afterwards, the pair separate back into their original bodies, and Death honors her agreement, returning Stephen to life. Stephen & Clea fly off into the sunrise.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Cheers for that!

BANNED

Really enjoyed this run, felt like old school 80s/90s strange.

Regarding what's next....

spoilers:

Really excited for the next book as I love Ferry's art and the new costume and long hair is great, didn't see a release date though?

Really glad Clea is sticking around and they're finally taking this awesome couple serious again.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

spoilers:

Really excited for the next book as I love Ferry's art and the new costume and long hair is great, didn't see a release date though?

Really glad Clea is sticking around and they're finally taking this awesome couple serious again.

end of spoilers
    About that...

https://www.polygon.com/23559602/doc...w-marvel-comic

Some nice preview art, but a really stupid headline.

About that...

I don't know what the hell is up with that headline but the preview art looks great.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Really enjoyed this run, felt like old school 80s/90s strange.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    March 22.

There's a post with the 'official' announcement from Marvel on the first page.

I got the preview this week from the LCBS and they are also putting the Alex Ross cover for #1 as poster! There's like six variant covers for the first issue.

FOC for both poster and the first issue is 2/20/2023. Get your pre-orders in!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

About that...

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I don't know what the hell is up with that headline but the preview art looks great.

Great find! Love the art! I had some doubts about Ferry's style working for Strange, but it looks good. It's not quite as mysterious, i.e. shadowy, as I think of for Strange, but I think it can work. Especially if we get to see this:

Quote Originally Posted by Pasqual Ferry
    Stylistic contrast also plays a big part in how Doctor Strange’s and Clea’s specific types of magic are represented on the page. “I am going to try to differentiate Clea’s powers from those of Doctor Strange, making it clear that Stephen’s are fundamentally White Magic, while Clea’s come from the Dark Dimension, inherited from her parents, Umar and Orini,” said Ferry. “Aesthetically, while Strange’s spells will be bright, perhaps with an art deco touch in their shapes — I love P. Craig Russell’s designs — Clea’s will be darker in tone, more twisted, baroque, while remaining harmonious in shape. It could be said that Clea’s are more subtly threatening.”
    The cleanness of line reminds a little of Kevin Nowlan. One of my favorite pages:

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This variant cover is stunning (as is the series itself!)

Whoa!

I've been enjoying the book. I'm trying to decide if I should continue buying the floppies or wait for the Treasury Edition. It's just so jam packed with details.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't know if this was posted in the closed thread last year but it looks like there is going to be a Jonathan Hickman / Valerio Schiti Doctor Strange book this year. No details on whether this will be an ongoing series or just a mini series. I saw a link to an article on Marvel.com's news page...Marvel's Free Comic Book Day Titles Kick Off Biggest Titles of 2023

For this year’s FREE COMIC BOOK DAY, Marvel Comics will have something for every fan, offering four separate titles packed with exciting entry points into the Marvel Comics mythos!

In addition to lead-in stories to the biggest comic book sagas of 2023, including FALL OF X and Jonathan Hickman and Valerio Schiti’s upcoming epic, 2023’s FREE COMIC BOOK DAY titles will also spotlight creators and characters from different cultures, communities, and identities and provide the perfect first comic for new readers!
    There is a link to an article about Hickman's appearance at last October's NYCC

Here's some preview art from the October article

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't know if this was posted in the closed thread last year but it looks like there is going to be a Jonathan Hickman / Valerio Schiti Doctor Strange book this year. No details on whether this will be an ongoing series or just a mini series. I saw a link to an article on Marvel.com's news page...Marvel's Free Comic Book Day Titles Kick Off Biggest Titles of 2023

There is a link to an article about Hickman's appearance at last October's NYCC
    According to Valerio Schiti, that's not Stephen:

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...69168411684864

The leading theory is that this is Eternity incarnated in human form.