Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    According to Valerio Schiti, that's not Stephen:

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...69168411684864

The leading theory is that this is Eternity incarnated in human form.
    That's a bummer but I'm still excited to see this new project.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Well, it sure looks like Doctor Strange. I think it will cause some confusion because that's what many will think when they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well, it sure looks like Doctor Strange. I think it will cause some confusion because that's what many will think when they see it.
    Maybe Eternity chose to look like Strange for a reason? Kinda like the 12th Doctor from Doctor Who?

Hickman's new series is an entirely new concept - think one of Hickman's indie projects but published at Marvel instead of Image.
    It has very little to do with Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Guardians, etc. though they might cameo (I know Amadeus Cho will appear in at least one panel).

I believe (though I most likely am wrong) that the idea for the series is magic/chaos vs science/order, so this new character could remind you of Strange because he's a magician/chaotician of some sort and Schiti was unconsciously inspired by Strange while designing him.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Hickman's new series is an entirely new concept - think one of Hickman's indie projects but published at Marvel instead of Image.
    It has very little to do with Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Guardians, etc. though they might cameo (I know Amadeus Cho will appear in at least one panel).

I believe (though I most likely am wrong) that the idea for the series is magic/chaos vs science/order, so this new character could remind you of Strange because he's a magician/chaotician of some sort and Schiti was unconsciously inspired by Strange while designing him.
    It's just fun to theorize about. It would be cool if their visual similarities are addressed in universe. It feels like a comedic gag waiting to be written.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-21-2023 at 08:13 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Happy Lunar New Year!

Marvel.com did an article on Wong, whose first appearance was also in the year of the rabbit, 60 years ago.

Celebrate Lunar New Year with Wong's Greatest Comic Moments
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-22-2023 at 04:47 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Doctor Strange Fall Sunrise #3 coming out this Wednesday!

Variant cover by Kris Anka

Variant cover by Paulina Ganucheau
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Another page at Bleeding Cool:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/doct...at-hes-having/

And these:

WOW!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Third issue of Fall Sunrise made me tear up a bit. This story has been a wonderful literary and visual experience.

Very artsy .

I'm getting my copy today!

Folio Society is doing a Dr Strange book for his 60th birthday!

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/strange

Cover and endpapers by Marcos Martin

What I love about these Folio editions, is that they preserve the coloring you get from newsprint, but not on newsprint.

CONTENTS:

‘Dr. Strange, Master of Black Magic!’ – Strange Tales #110 (July 1963)

‘If Eternity Should Fail!’ – Strange Tales #138 (November 1965)

‘The End—at Last!’ – Strange Tales #146 (July 1966)

‘The Power and the Pendulum’ – Doctor Strange #174 (November 1968)

‘Sise-Neg Genesis’ – Marvel Premiere #14 (March 1974)

‘To Have Loved . . . and Lost!’ – Doctor Strange #55 (October 1982)

‘To Steal the Sorcerer’s Soul!’ – Marvel Fanfare #5 (November 1982)

‘Deliver Us from Evil!’ – Doctor Strange #62 (December 1983)

‘Don’t Pay the Ferryman—!’ – Doctor Strange #80 (December 1986)

‘Souled Out!—The Faust Gambit, Part I’ – Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #5 (July 1989)

‘Dr. Strange: What Is It That Disturbs You, Stephen?’ (1997)

‘The Oath—Chapter One’ – Doctor Strange: The Oath #1 (December 2006)

‘The New Face of Magic’ – Doctor Strange #11 (November 2016)

Video for the Folio edition.

I have to confess I having been suffering from pretty bad superhero fatigue lately, but I really enjoyed last year's Werewolf by Night TV special. I had no idea who the **** Gael García Bernal and Laura Donnelly were before this show, but I thought they EACH did a great job of portraying Werewolf by Night and Elsa Bloodstone (who is a totally new character to me). And as you probably can tell by my avatar, I like swamp creatures. So I was really happy with the introduction of "Ted". My only problems with WWBN was the violence and the short length of the special. I am now against doing five-hour plus Marvel shows on Disney Plus, but I think another half hour would have fleshed out WWBN a little bit more. More importantly, I was on a horror forum recently. And many of its members hate "capeshit". But they were really vibing with the horror vibes from the special. A lot of them did NOT think the MoM was a horror movie though. To ME, I felt WWBN was more horror than superhero, and despite being relatively unfamiliar with the horror genre, I think Marvel Studios should continue dipping its toes into it. I think people are getting a bit tired of superheroes right now, but horror is actually GAINING in popularity:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...ert-interviews

Do you think there's a chance that Strange and Clea could team up with Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, Elsa Bloodstone, Moon Knight, Blade and potentially Ghost Rider in a supernatural series? I feel that Clea is more of a cosmic character, but Strange is more immersed in the "monster world" in the comics, right? Horror is popular as hell right now, and I would love to have Stephen and Clea be part of that world. I have ZERO interest in the dreamwalking incursion multiverse stuff the MCU is promoting right now. If Clea is gonna be from outer space, I would rather her be tied to the whole Silver Surfer/Galactus corner of the universe. The whole Silver Surfer/Galactus storyline is one of my all-time favorite cosmic comic book stories. Maybe Clea can be a herald of the big guy? And wouldn't it be hilarious if Marvel Studios made Galactus funny and have him spewing one-liner dad jokes? And Clea could be really funny as well. I'm sure Theron's up for the challenge.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 02-15-2023 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    If Clea is gonna be from outer space, I would rather her be tied to the whole Silver Surfer/Galactus corner of the universe. The whole Silver Surfer/Galactus storyline is one of my all-time favorite cosmic comic book stories. Maybe Clea can be a herald of the big guy? And wouldn't it be hilarious if Marvel Studios made Galactus funny and have him spewing one-liner dad jokes? And Clea could be really funny as well. I'm sure Theron's up for the challenge.