Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Had Perez ever stated why he didn't revamp more of Diana's villains from the Golden and Silver ages?
    And is there a site that gives expanded details on all of her villains, like history, powers, and issue appearances?
    I didn't start reading Wonder Woman until Perez simply because he was (and still is) my favorite comic artist. So, I would like to know more - even if it will just make me sadder that DC keeps doing our girl dirty.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Had Perez ever stated why he didn't revamp more of Diana's villains from the Golden and Silver ages?
    And is there a site that gives expanded details on all of her villains, like history, powers, and issue appearances?
    I didn't start reading Wonder Woman until Perez simply because he was (and still is) my favorite comic artist. So, I would like to know more - even if it will just make me sadder that DC keeps doing our girl dirty.

This site has a lot the details that you're looking for about Wonder Woman's rogues gallery:

https://wonder-woman.fandom.com/wiki/Rogues_Gallery
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Her Bronze Age rogues gallery consisted of Ares/Mars, Cheetah, Circe, Silver Swan, Dr Psycho, Dr Cyber and Angle Man. So Perez probably just went with the villains that were already familiar to the 80's readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This site has a lot the details that you're looking for about Wonder Woman's rogues gallery:

https://wonder-woman.fandom.com/wiki/Rogues_Gallery
    That Wiki is kind of a mess in my opinion. I prefer the DC Database one even if the lead mod is an absolute tool.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Actress Anya Chalotra (The Witcher) has the role of Circe in Creature Commandos listed in her official CV on Spotlight:

Was just about to share this! Yeah I’m excited, we’re finally getting a DCU Circe!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was just about to share this! Yeah I’m excited, we’re finally getting a DCU Circe!
    In before she gets defeated by the Creature Commandos and never even fights Wonder Woman .

Though I'm hoping it's a good take on Circe. Actually it would be kind of funny comparing Yennefer to Circe, especially show!Yennefer.

Do we know for sure if she is our Circe or any other random character with the same name?
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 11-02-2023 at 04:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In before she gets defeated by the Creature Commandos and never even fights Wonder Woman .

Though I'm hoping it's a good take on Circe. Actually it would be kind of funny comparing Yennefer to Circe, especially show!Yennefer.
    Maybe she is the villain for Paradise Lost, but get trapped or something and gets released in modern time in Creature Commandos?
    She has so many possibilities to appear, Paradise Lost, Wonder Woman and the speculated build up to Justice League Dark. I'm sure she will appear more.

Bold to assume they'll even reference Circe's connection to WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Do we know for sure if she is our Circe or any other random character with the same name?
    It’s not exactly a common name. If it were just a normal name you’d hear in real life then maybe, but if it’s a DC production with a character called Circe, it’d be odd to not have it be the actual DC character Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Maybe she is the villain for Paradise Lost, but get trapped or something and gets released in modern time in Creature Commandos?
    She has so many possibilities to appear, Paradise Lost, Wonder Woman and the speculated build up to Justice League Dark. I'm sure she will appear more.
    I'm hesitant to suggest this since I have no idea if they WOULD do this.... But maybe the Creature Commandoes actually get their butts kicked by Circe and have to run for their lives? Introduce her as a threat, but don't resolve the threat in the movie they introduce her.

Circe in Creature Commandos of all places? Reeks of another Catwoman: Hunted. WW villains shouldn't be anywhere near these characters.

Maybe she's not the main villain but tied to the series' lore or she just shows up for world-building.

A least given who they cast I don't think they're going to go for a Rebirth Circe design so there is that .