Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

That Angle Man actually reminds me a lot of Mr Nobody from the Doom Patrol.

I do like Phil Jimenez's take on Angle Man, but Grant Morisson really made the ultimate version of him with Mr Nobody didn't he?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Those are some great designs!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    this is one of those where i'm like "so... this guy has a completely different concept of good character design than i do..."

Fantastic Member

And did y'all know there was a female version of Angle Man named Anglette????? I had no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Those are some great designs!
    Yes, very different looks.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

^Cyber's design and voice were easily the best thing to come out of Bloodlines.

A great combination of the Rebirth and classic incarnations.

Yeah, but doesn't diana usually win... as WW?

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post

And did y'all know there was a female version of Angle Man named Anglette????? I had no idea!

Great art and action!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Does anyone NOT like Circe? I feel like she's Diana's least divisive villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Does anyone NOT like Circe? I feel like she's Diana's least divisive villain.
    Some folks here dislike her for being “public domain”

Circe has been Diana’s most consistently enjoyable villain since Perez imo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So I was reading up on Pandora (since she and Galatea are the closest mythical parallels to WW) and lol @ Hesiod being the Brian Azzarello of his day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora

"Pandora rises from the earth; she is the Earth, giver of all gifts," Harrison observes. Over time this "all-giving" goddess somehow devolved into an "all-gifted" mortal woman. A.H. Smith,[25] however, noted that in Hesiod's account Athena and the Seasons brought wreaths of grass and spring flowers to Pandora, indicating that Hesiod was conscious of Pandora's original "all-giving" function. For Harrison, therefore, Hesiod's story provides "evidence of a shift from matriarchy to patriarchy in Greek culture. As the life-bringing goddess Pandora is eclipsed, the death-bringing human Pandora arises."[26] Thus, Harrison concludes "in the patriarchal mythology of Hesiod her great figure is strangely changed and diminished. She is no longer Earth-Born, but the creature, the handiwork of Olympian Zeus." (Harrison 1922:284).
    Also:

Robert Graves, quoting Harrison,[27] asserts of the Hesiodic episode that "Pandora is not a genuine myth, but an anti-feminist fable, probably of his own invention." H.J. Rose wrote that the myth of Pandora is decidedly more illiberal than that of epic in that it makes Pandora the origin of all of Man's woes with her being the exemplification of the bad wife.[28]

Just as Marston/Perez/DeConnick reclaimed Hippolyta from a hapless victim she was in Greek myth, we need to see a similar take on Pandora, Arachne, Scylla, Charybdis and Medusa. Some of them have already appeared in the comics but I would like to see more nuanced takes.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly