Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Has the Queen of Fables ever fought Diana in her own book? I know that the Queen appeared in a Justice League arc, but I don't recall her ever being in the WW comic...
    Also in Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Also in Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace
    Thanks for that as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah, the more eccentric villain designs are the easier ones to notice the absence of such as our favorite domino headed nogoodnick, Vulture King, Inversion the Inside-Out-Man, Termite Queen, Baron De Boar.

At the same token though, its very impressive to see the effort that went into it. Liar Liar made it in. Cat-Eye made it in. Angelette who was a brief appearance in Robinsons run. We have Earl of Greed, Meteor Girl, Eviless...
    Whoever made this stunning piece really made an effort to pull from across Wonder Womans history when making this.
    I absolutely appreciate all the characters in this piece. I have a soft spot for Doctor Domino, is all, and wanted to make a little joke about.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I absolutely appreciate all the characters in this piece. I have a soft spot for Doctor Domino, is all, and wanted to make a little joke about.
    It's such a shame that Diana has such a verity of compelling and powerful villains, yet most oncoming writers refuse to use them. While Batman, the Flash and Superman's main rouge gallery keeps popping up. And no, Diana's villains are no more silly than those other ones. Sure, a writer can create their own villain during their run, but they should build up her backlog of adversaries too - even the Golden, Silver and Bronze aged ones.
    And by the way, I'm not talking about using an old, barely seen villain only one time, just so Diana can bet them up in a few panels at the beginning of an arch either. That's how they are seen as jokes and silly - not viewed as worth her time or energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    It's such a shame that Diana has such a verity of compelling and powerful villains, yet most oncoming writers refuse to use them. While Batman, the Flash and Superman's main rouge gallery keeps popping up. And no, Diana's villains are no more silly than those other ones. Sure, a writer can create their own villain during their run, but they should build up her backlog of adversaries too - even the Golden, Silver and Bronze aged ones.
    And by the way, I'm not talking about using an old, barely seen villain only one time, just so Diana can bet them up in a few panels at the beginning of an arch either. That's how they are seen as jokes and silly - not viewed as worth her time or energy.
    From what I've seen, male writers (in general) don't really understand female villains which is what the bulk of WW's rogues are. And female writers (in general) don't really seem to care much about the superhero vs. supervillain dynamic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    That's the thing...every writer wants to put their stamp on the series and rather than give a villain a defining moment, they just try to re-invent the wheel...which doesn't even last as the next writer will do the same, tossing the previous villain in the trash. This also tends to start to lead to redundancy with some villains as instead of seeing who would best fit the mold, they just create expies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    That's the thing...every writer wants to put their stamp on the series and rather than give a villain a defining moment, they just try to re-invent the wheel...which doesn't even last as the next writer will do the same, tossing the previous villain in the trash. This also tends to start to lead to redundancy with some villains as instead of seeing who would best fit the mold, they just create expies.
    Yes, I say this same thing too. I guess it always has occurred, but it seems so prevalent in the last 20 years, moreso than previously and IMHO, with a worse outcome/outlook for the character.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I say this same thing too. I guess it always has occurred, but it seems so prevalent in the last 20 years, moreso than previously and IMHO, with a worse outcome/outlook for the character.
    Yeah, to a certain extent it's seemingly more about writers failing to write the established setting than anything specific to WW.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, to a certain extent it's seemingly more about writers failing to write the established setting than anything specific to WW.
    It's as if in their desire to do things their way, they lose things essential to the character.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Somewhere there's a secret origin story of how Queen Clea and Zara found the same clothing retailer.
    "Oh God, I can't believe she showed up to fight Wonder Woman wearing the same outfit I was wearing!"

So I was playing around with Bing's free AI image creator, and I wanted to see what it did when I prompted the AI to make a picture based on "DC Comics Circe" and other WW villains; this is what it came up with (made me happy that it had the purple hair, green dress and golden accents.
    CIRCEai.jpg

"DC Comics Silver Swan"
    SilverSwanai.jpg

"DC Comics Doctor Cyber"
    AIcyber.jpg
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 10-10-2023 at 05:03 PM.

So I was playing around with Bing's free AI image creator, and I wanted to see what it did when I prompted the AI to make a picture based on "DC Comics Circe"; this is what it came up with (made me happy that it had the purple hair, green dress and golden accents.
    CIRCEai.jpg

"DC Comics Circe"
    SilverSwanai.jpg

"DC Comics Doctor Cyber"
    AIcyber.jpg
    They are all nice, but that first one, Circe, is beautiful! The drawing is magnificent and the colors are spectacular!

I love the wand and magic effect.

More WW villains courtesy of AI
    "DC Comics Cheetah"
    AIcheetah.jpg

"DC Comics Minister Blizzard"
    MBai.jpg

"Dc Comics Zara Priestess of the Crimson Flame"
    Zara.jpg

"DC Comics Cheetah"
    AIcheetah.jpg

MBai.jpg

Zara.jpg
    These are cool too, especially Minister Blizzard.

I think that Circe one is my Favorite!

"DC Comics Cheetah"
    AIcheetah.jpg

MBai.jpg

Zara.jpg
    I really love those 3! Zara looks really cool
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!