Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    1. Leaders
    Ares, Priscilla Rich Cheetah, Circe, Sebastian Ballesteros, White Magician, Vulture King, Queen Sharkeeta, Cylvia Cyber Doctor Cyber, Queen Clea, Eviless, Helen Alexandros Silver Swan, Queen Atomia, Minister Blizzard, Osira, Prime Planner.

2. Followers
    Angle Man, Blue Snowman, Both Doctor Poisons, Deborah Domaine Cheetah, the children of Ares, Adrianna Anderson Doctor Cyber, Giganta, Valerie Beaudry Silver Swan, Veronica Cale, Moot & Geoff, Blue Ice & Doctor Echo, Cateye, Human Fireworks, Mouseman.

3. Loners
    Barbara Minerva Cheetah, Doctor Psycho, Devastation, Image-Maker, Morgana, Inversion the Inside-Out man, Tezcatlipoca, Queen of Fables, Genocide, Liar Liar, Janus, Multiple Man, Baron Boar De Boar, Greg Trevor, Dark Commander.
    I'd call Deva a follower, the catch is she has standards and thinks most leaders are unworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Damn, I definitely understand why Dr. Psycho is a classic WW villain that would be incredibly problematic to bring to live-action, especially since we have nothing even close to a balance in regard to representation of little people in mass media. However, watching the trailers to the upcoming Hunger Games prequel reminds me of how much I still wish for Peter Dinklage to play the psychic villain in a WW movie. It's never gonna happen, and I am at peace with that, but oh, boy...what a badass he would be in the role.

ETA: Seriously, in an ideal world, little people would be portrayed in all kinds of roles on film, TV, animation, webseries, etc. They would be portrayed as heroes, villains, morally questionable characters, saintly do-gooders, evil bastards, and everything in between. They would be romantic leads, action heroes, supporting characters, at al.

If we lived in an ideal world like that, I feel that Dr. Psycho would've already been the main villain in a WW film, because he is, thematically, the perfect foe for the preeminent comic book superheroine (one that is also, for many people, the greatest symbol of feminism in pop culture).

I know that he has a substantial presence in the Harley Quinn animated show, but that is a much smaller platform than a 200-million-dollar blockbuster live action film, which would be crucified in 2023, if it presented a little person as an unrepentantly misogynistic, evil psychic rapist.
    Psycho can be easily changed for an adaptation. Being a little person is not essential to the character, he just needs to be physically unattractive.

I though HQ really had a pretty pitch-perfect adaption of Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Psycho can be easily changed for an adaptation. Being a little person is not essential to the character, he just needs to be physically unattractive.
    Psycho's misogyny and sadism are the most important aspects of his character. For as much as I dislike Earth One, that story shows Psycho doesn't need to be a little person or even particularly unattractive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    See, I would disagree there. I'd be very annoyed if he were full height because I like the visual contrast of a small man with incredible powers you cannot stop and a tall athletic woman trained to deal with physical threats but not mental ones.

Being short is literally who he has always been. Taking that away is too drastic a change, even though I don't want him to be offensive to people of that community.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'd call Deva a follower, the catch is she has standards and thinks most leaders are unworthy.
    I was rather unsure since while she was serving Chronus in her first appearance, we don't see her actually take orders or work with anyone. Even when Chronus is carrying out his master plan, Deva stays out of it and just keeps causing mayhem on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I was rather unsure since while she was serving Chronus in her first appearance, we don't see her actually take orders or work with anyone. Even when Chronus is carrying out his master plan, Deva stays out of it and just keeps causing mayhem on Earth.
    Well, she does eventually join a villain team that's not the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Since Gunn claimed that all shows/movies in the DCU will be connected, I am PRAYING not only that this Circe is indeed our Circe, but that she is not turned into some goofy cannon fodder that is easily defeated by Creatures Commandos of all people.
    Think positive, think positive, think positive, think positive...

(but if they do to Circe what that stupid animated film with Catwoman did to Cheetah, my interest in the DCU is going to evaporate...)
    I'm for the Tynion/JLD Circe motivation: heroic sorceress and daughter of Helios, enraged at her betrayal by cowardly mortals, she once healed and protected. It's solid, because, unlike Perez's and pre-Crisis, slinky Diva Circe, ..this Circe deserves her revenge. I like that some part of us can cheer this Circe on, in ways we dismiss the pre-Rebirth Circe 'divas'.

Honestly, HH...I don't think she'll be any writer's cannon fodder, so long as she can be shown to be slinky AND apocalyptic, ..and that's as it should be. Divaness, like Perez Ares and Vader-ness, isn't enough for most of us. Think 'female Trigon in Princess Leia's metal bikinis' - Tynion's Circe has something for everybody.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-24-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Astarte and the Silver Snake!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 11-26-2023 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I love these old fun stories!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

It was nice to see Cale cameo in Amazons Attack. I have been thinking from the start of this AXE thing that she is definitely someone who would speak out in public against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

She looks like an evil Starfire.