Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Since Faora has now been retconned back to Ursa from Superman/Wonder Woman comic in New 52. I would like for Faora to be a Wonder Woman villain since she isn't being used. I know we already have misandric villains, but I think it would be nice for Diana to basically have the second most dangerous Kryptonian as a villain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Since Faora has now been retconned back to Ursa from Superman/Wonder Woman comic in New 52. I would like for Faora to be a Wonder Woman villain since she isn't being used. I know we already have misandric villains, but I think it would be nice for Diana to basically have the second most dangerous Kryptonian as a villain.
    Superman is typically bad enough already, we don't need such boderline sexist implications with a designated girl fight flair, if they make Faora a Wonder Woman villain they need to give her an own agenda and pull her out of Zod's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Talking about a new magical foe, in e had thoughts on that as well. And it’s not another divine foe that uses magic.
    Speaking of which, I've had an idea for the White Magician being brought back as a villain in a Bana spinoff. Osira could be reimagined as a sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Superman is typically bad enough already, we don't need such boderline sexist implications with a designated girl fight flair, if they make Faora a Wonder Woman villain they need to give her an own agenda and pull her out of Zod's shadow.
    If they must make a Superman villain a Wonder Woman one (and I'd rather they didn't) and choose Mongul so Diana can finally beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If they must make a Superman villain a Wonder Woman one (and I'd rather they didn't) and choose Mongul so Diana can finally beat him.
    Braniac would a fun one-story villain, same with doomsday. But, yeah, Diana has great villains already no need to dive in another character's d list.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Faora originally didn't have anything to do with Zod. She was just a crazy mass murderer (of men) who was deemed the most dangerous person in the phantom zone along with Jax-ur, more dangerous than even Zod. With Ursa now being the wife of Zod having Faora moved to be a Wonder Woman villain would also help separate the two.

Fantastic Member

The one I want the most to become a villain of Wonder Woman is Vandal Savage. Could be done so much with him being immortal and the Amazons pluss his son Angle Man is already a Wonder Woman villain.

Vandal Savage would just be another Max Lord situation. A hand-me-down villain who has pretty much no interesting dynamic with Diana
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-12-2023 at 08:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Vandal Savage would just be another Max Lord situation. A hand-me-down villain who has pretty much no interesting dynamic with Diana

While I'm not the biggest Vandal Savage fan, given his immortality, he could have a history with Hippolyta and the other Amazons who have been around for centuries. I think an occasional story with him might be fun but there are plenty of other Wonder-rogues I'd like to see first(Queen Clea, Osira, & Angle Man).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I'm not the biggest Vandal Savage fan, given his immortality, he could have a history with Hippolyta and the other Amazons who have been around for centuries. I think an occasional story with him might be fun but there are plenty of other Wonder-rogues I'd like to see first(Queen Clea, Osira, & Angle Man).
    I would of course rather they use actual Wonder Woman villains, but since so very few writers seems to want to I don't think Vandal Savage for example showing up a few times is the worst.

Incredible Member

Faora originally didn't have anything to do with Zod. She was just a crazy mass murderer (of men) who was deemed the most dangerous person in the phantom zone along with Jax-ur, more dangerous than even Zod. With Ursa now being the wife of Zod having Faora moved to be a Wonder Woman villain would also help separate the two.
    Wouldn't it be better to bring on a revamped Queen Clea if this is something you'll like to see? I don't think Faora is needed. Wonder Woman already has a lot of powerhouse female villains that are languishing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to bring on a revamped Queen Clea if this is something you'll like to see? I don't think Faora is needed. Wonder Woman already has a lot of powerhouse female villains that are languishing.
    I would like that, but I have zero expectations of writers using her in a bigger capacity. For like the last decade the only writers who has wanted to use the more "obscure" villains are Cloonrad and Orlando. Everybody else just wants to add their own characters.

Mighty Member

I would like that, but I have zero expectations of writers using her in a bigger capacity. For like the last decade the only writers who has wanted to use the more "obscure" villains are Cloonrad and Orlando. Everybody else just wants to add their own characters.
    Which is one of my problems with Wonder Woman's mythos (Everyone trying to reinvent the wheel and discarding everything prior, thus its harder to establish a foundation). A problem I would have with using someone like Faora is the problem I have with people using Superman's rogues for everybody but Superman.

That said, Vandal would be interesting here and there, not a regular rogue but his immortality lends itself to having a small part in almost everyone's story (which is something the animated Young Justice did...sometimes a little too much)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Which is one of my problems with Wonder Woman's mythos (Everyone trying to reinvent the wheel and discarding everything prior, thus its harder to establish a foundation). A problem I would have with using someone like Faora is the problem I have with people using Superman's rogues for everybody but Superman.

That said, Vandal would be interesting here and there, not a regular rogue but his immortality lends itself to having a small part in almost everyone's story (which is something the animated Young Justice did...sometimes a little too much)
    I can understand why you and others would feel that. I think the reason I wouldn't mind it like so many others is because I have always liked how in Marvel comics the villains are more fluid in that they can be antagonists to more than one villain which isn't a big thing in DC.

The one I want the most to become a villain of Wonder Woman is Vandal Savage. Could be done so much with him being immortal and the Amazons pluss his son Angle Man is already a Wonder Woman villain.
    Wait, Angle Man is Vandal Savage's son??? What did I miss?