Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    My bad it was issue 81
    Yes it was. Worst piece of writing I've ever read and completely ruined the run.
    -It rendered most of the themes useless [Batman was pretending the whole time]
    -forgot plot points and information from earlier in the run [Gotham Girl was already an enemy way back at the button since she was one of the agents that manipulated Bruce into proposing the first time, Gotham Girl didn't have a weakness to venom.]
    -Bruce telling Selina her plans back to her
    -Made Bruce look stupid and uncaring [he let Bane take the city on purpose]
    -he sent Damian to go infiltrate Gotham despite saying he couldn't enter due to Bane's big gun preventing it. Is Damian tougher than him?
    -He says that the villains think he's alone because that's how he usually works, yet Bane and everyone knows of the Batfam which was why they set the rule that none of his batcrew could enter Gotham.
    - code punching

Just dumbasery on every level.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

These are some amazing covers.

I hope Damian gets to meet Santa. I doubt he believes or ever believed in the Jolly fat man. Can't wait for some snarky jabbing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    These are some amazing covers.

I hope Damian gets to meet Santa. I doubt he believes or ever believed in the Jolly fat man. Can't wait for some snarky jabbing.
    you just reminded me of that animated movie hes getting

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    you just reminded me of that animated movie hes getting
    I wonder when it's coming on Prime? Taking their sweet time.
    We know it's completed since the new Batfam series that was ordered by Prime was ordered after Amazon programming execs saw Merry Little Batman.

I just read Batman and Robin, I didn't love it, but I think it is ok for a new start.
    I don't get why Damian's hair is longer in Bruce's memories of the past... makes 0 sense to me...
    I liked the characters design, except for Bruce having short shoulders ... colors are pretty nice too.
    I love how they draw Damian and Bruce's eyebrows in the exactly same way, it's accurate, funny and kind cute.
    Didn't like the tea part, I think writers have a difficult writing Damian as someone that was very well educated, but at the same time someone that knows erudite culture doesn't matter in real world. I like the idea of Damian knowing how to cook better than Bruce, though...

I remember a couple of comics where Damian say he is graduated and learned a lot of things with the bests of the bests teachers, but in other comic he is watching Shakespeare with Bruce and he doesn't know who he is and say it's boring, agree, but make no senses to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I just read Batman and Robin, I didn't love it, but I think it is ok for a new start.
    I don't get why Damian's hair is longer in Bruce's memories of the past... makes 0 sense to me...
    I liked the characters design, except for Bruce having short shoulders ... colors are pretty nice too.
    I love how they draw Damian and Bruce's eyebrows in the exactly same way, it's accurate, funny and kind cute.
    Didn't like the tea part, I think writers have a difficult writing Damian as someone that was very well educated, but at the same time someone that knows erudite culture doesn't matter in real world. I like the idea of Damian knowing how to cook better than Bruce, though...

I remember a couple of comics where Damian say he is graduated and learned a lot of things with the bests of the bests teachers, but in other comic he is watching Shakespeare with Bruce and he doesn't know who he is and say it's boring, agree, but make no senses to me.
    It's difficult for an American to write a educated person who had a British private Education.

However the Shakespeare part is unforgivable. Williamson can't use the excuse of not knowing Damian's lore. He's a fan of Morrison's Damian so he's been there from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's difficult for an American to write a educated person who had a British private Education.

However the Shakespeare part is unforgivable. Williamson can't use the excuse of not knowing Damian's lore. He's a fan of Morrison's Damian so he's been there from the start.
    I think it's more about no carrying about before stories.
    It's hard how DC wants readers to care about the stories/characters, so we keep buying the comics, but at the same time they don't care too much about the stories/characters, like "ah, this is a detail whatever" well I enjoy the character because this details.
    I also don't see the logic in continuing a stories changing befor events (like Damian hair) I am pretty open about reebots or other universes, but why continue a story changing things that just happened?
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 09-22-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Can someone explain to me why Talia fans dislike Damian so much? The anti Damian Wayne thread on tumbler is made up of Tim and Talia blogs.

I thought it might be due to Morrison but that doesn't track since they love Jason in spite of Winnick. So I'm stumped.

Astonishing Member

Mostly, because of her writing in Morrison's run.
    Some people think that Damian somehow diminished her character, I don't really understand this logic, but that's what I saw a few times.

Gotham War is bafflingly bad. Now they got Bruce doing a Damian and tryeto force change people's personality. This is Bruce who had a visceral reaction to mind wiping Wayne we are talking about. I can't wait for this event to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Some people think that Damian somehow diminished her character, I don't really understand this logic, but that's what I saw a few times.
    She got her entire history and character changed to give Damian a tragic backstory and drama. Plus the fandom judges a mother much harsher than a childless female character and they are already treated worse than male characters.

I love Damian, but his character has damaged Talia. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Talia was a racist caricature before Morrison and a child molester after Winnick.

She was also always a bad guy so that's hogwash

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    She got her entire history and character changed to give Damian a tragic backstory and drama. Plus the fandom judges a mother much harsher than a childless female character and they are already treated worse than male characters.

I love Damian, but his character has damaged Talia. A lot.
    I call bullshit.

Talia was a racist stereotype who was a willing part of the LOA's atrocities. She was on board with training kids to be weapons long bsfore Damian. From ibn to Cass to Damian to Jason.

She was on board with the dodgy fake wedding and tricking Bruce into being with her. Just because she had some flashes of good/coming to the rescue doesn't change that.

Morrison made Talia own her antagonist side, yes but he didn't start it.

Fandom judges a mother harsher I guess justify why Damian and his creator get hate from Talia fans but Winnick who turned her into a child molester and Jason get a pass.

Again BS. Sounds more like Talia fans have a bias.

Damian didn't damage Talia. She was always an offensive collection of racist stereotypes. From inception.

The implied trick insemination to it a level higher and then the molesting a traumatised underage Jason was the final nail.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-30-2023 at 07:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Talia was a racist stereotype who was a willing part of the LOA's atrocities. She was on board with training kids to be weapons long bsfore Damian. From ibn to Cass to Damian to Jason.
    That might be true from an in universe stand point, but if you look at the publication history Cass and her training had orgianlly nothing to do with the LoA, retcon made in Batgirl Vol 1 #66 in 2005 that about a yearthat long before Damian was introduced, and I don't even think Talia was involved with that.

And she has anything to do with Jason's traing was also revealed around the same time they introduced Damian. And Lost Day's was written quite a while after that.

And in the origial story she give the baby (that was alter retconned into Damian, and I aslo think ibn and at least one other charcacter from an elseworld story) up for adoption, so he would not be involved in all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That might be true from an in universe stand point, but if you look at the publication history Cass and her training had orgianlly nothing to do with the LoA, retcon made in Batgirl Vol 1 #66 in 2005 that about a yearthat long before Damian was introduced, and I don't even think Talia was involved with that.

And she has anything to do with Jason's traing was also revealed around the same time they introduced Damian. And Lost Day's was written quite a while after that.

And in the origial story she give the baby (that was alter retconned into Damian, and I aslo think ibn and at least one other charcacter from an elseworld story) up for adoption, so he would not be involved in all of that.
    Was Talia a member of the LOA when Cass was retconed?
    Was the idea of the LOA training and brainwashing kids/teens/adults into weapons part of the lore while Talia was a member and before Damian?

Was Talia a participating/card carrying member of the Loa prior to Damian being introduced?

Did Talia sleep with an underage Jason?
    Did Talia get Jason any sort of therapy or help him get over his unhealthy feelings towards batman and his family?
    Did lost day which has nothing to do with Damian retcon Talia from a woman who spiked her consenting sexual partners drink with fertility drugs to a woman who had sex with a minor?