Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    This is true. In an interview discussing Tim's back up in the Batman title. The writer talks about his love for the character and feels that Tim is best as a sidekick to Batman. Believes the characters works best in that role.

Compliment and an insult me thinks. implies Tim only works as support.
    I enjoyed Tim most in YJ. The 90's Robin series wasn't to my taste. Tim's characterisation and the way his relationship with Dick Grayson was conveyed put he off. Dick was mostly there to tell us/show us how good Tim was and it just kept escalating eventually morphing Tim into a version that now had a lot of the traits and elements previously were associated with Dick Grayson.

Tim had a successful Robin series. He had a RR solo series. He obviously has proven that he can work not just as support so the writer's is straight up putting nostalgia above character evolution.
    See, this is the reason why Tim will never be able to establish himself as his own hero, not even the writers, who are fans of his character, see him as anything but a sidekick.

How does everybody feel about Flatline?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    An interesting character with potential.

I like her.
    I like her look.
    I like her playful and sarcastic attitude.

She has an interesting backstory from what little we've seen.

I hope we get to see more of her relationship with Damian develop more.

Amazing Member

I like her - her powers are very cool, her personality is fun, and just her look and overall vibe are very cool. I'd enjoy seeing more of her.

I didn't really like the romance between her and Damian though, I thought it felt kinda forced. I guess I'm open to seeing it develop though.

Astonishing Member

She's pretty interesting character and I like her dynamics with Damian.
    Hopefully she will get more attention.

Extraordinary Member

She’s a lot of fun, I can’t wait to see what’s next for her, thank goodness Williamson has the ability to intergrate her into the DCU rather make her a one-off we never see again like Maya

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    My sentiments exactly.

Haughty, bratty yet funny is necessary. The way he talks [I feel like Damian would have an accent] and even the vocabulary in his dialogue is part of what sets his apart. He has a very formal way of speaking and I hope that's reflected in the adaptation.

The role needs acting chops to make a bratty kid charming.

It won't be an easy casting.

I've seen some Damian fans online offended by the way Gunn described him which confuses me.

Damian at this stage was a Son of a Bitch. He was an assassin and a murderer.
    I don't want him purified or watered down.
    They may be casual fans who mostly only know Fanon uwu Damian who loves pets and is smol. I've come understand also that a lot of fans online don't actually read the comics.

I was bracing myself for a wave of negativity after the announcement but thankfully it's not been bad.

Still can't believe that Damian is going to show up in the movies so soon.

So unexpected.

Considering how he has been jerked around by DC and the fact that he doesn't even have a solo/isn't Bruce's sidekick currently. I wasn't expecting much good news relating to Damian this year.

This is still incredible.

I really like her and thought her dynamic with Damian, Rose and Connor was great. Hope we get the chance to see those four again.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    See, this is the reason why Tim will never be able to establish himself as his own hero, not even the writers, who are fans of his character, see him as anything but a sidekick.
    Yep. Sometimes fan creatives who are strongly attached to characters can have the worst takes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't have a problem with her but I'm being biased since I like Lord Death Man. At least she's not forced on us like Punchline.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    I like her - her powers are very cool, her personality is fun, and just her look and overall vibe are very cool. I'd enjoy seeing more of her.

I didn't really like the romance between her and Damian though, I thought it felt kinda forced. I guess I'm open to seeing it develop though.
    Forced? Felt pretty natural for a first crush story. Golden Age Batman and Catwoman was rushed.
    "Cable was right!"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Forced? Felt pretty natural for a first crush story. Golden Age Batman and Catwoman was rushed.
    Hmm, I just didn't really get a sense of a bond forming or what Damian specifically liked about her before the kiss. By contrast, I felt like his and Connor's friendship was better built up. But Damian and Flatline's relationship clearly worked for a lot of other people, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    Hmm, I just didn't really get a sense of a bond forming or what Damian specifically liked about her before the kiss. By contrast, I felt like his and Connor's friendship was better built up. But Damian and Flatline's relationship clearly worked for a lot of other people, so who knows.
    He's a teen going through puberty.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    She's pretty interesting character and I like her dynamics with Damian.
    Hopefully she will get more attention.
    E5008F54-947A-4150-A5B2-CB791246F056.jpg
    I like her look too

AlsoB4CBC17A-9738-4B0A-8DCD-97CF8CC19F43.jpg