Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Batman & Robin by Williamson and DeMio begins in September.

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...973251/photo/1
    Sweet! Loved the Williamson run of Robin so hope this means plot follow ups.

Plus Damian learning to drive his own Robin mobile. Wonder if that makes him 15/16 now? Though in fairness we’ve seen Damian drive before.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sweet! Loved the Williamson run of Robin so hope this means plot follow ups.

Plus Damian learning to drive his own Robin mobile. Wonder if that makes him 15/16 now? Though in fairness we’ve seen Damian drive before.
    you can be 14 and drive one of those

I am SO happy with this book! Can't wait to see Bruce and Damian having good interactions again, everyone is obviously very tired of them fighting and it's about time Adam Glass' mess is resolved for good!! I am so excited to read this!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Details from a Tumblr user that attended the con

This series is going to be a pretty heavy one since it will dive into how they come together "without Alfred as the buffer as the mentor figure for them both."

Williamson spoke on this heavily as he was supposed to leave Batman and Robin, but he actually went to DC and said "I'm not done with Damian, there's still more story to tell. He's not going anywhere." But he also mentioned a key point for Damian's growth: "He was trained by Talia and of course by Bruce, but he was also trained by Alfred so you'll see how that shapes Damian interacting with Bruce going forward, especially as they grow as Father and Son."

They said this will tie into the next big series in the DCU which follows Damian having "nightmares and demons". That was all that was mentioned about that.

Additinally, Williamson adores Damian being a fan of manga. Since it's shown Damian has been reading a romance one, there's some hope for emotional connection with others not in a romantic way, but moreso in the ability to be vulnerable with people in a way he has only been able to read about. It's implied he could be reading this manga as a yearning for connection to others on a deeper level, especially as someone who grew up to ignore his emotions. So this will follow Damian as he tries to let himself be more connected to his loved ones the way Alfred was teaching him to

Very much Bruce growing out of strictness to be more soft with his sons as we've seen in the more recent comics.

Astonishing Member

Damn, he's really passionate about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Aahz, I asked can you show me a panel where it says that the Al Ghul's or Damian doesn't celebrate any Chinese or Middle Eastern traditions?

Show me. If you can't then stop assuming.
    That would be one weird panel and probably out of place in any regular comic book. I don't know, might as well ask for proof that Supernan isn't a devil worshipper because he never denied that in a comic book panel.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That would be one weird panel and probably out of place in any regular comic book. I don't know, might as well ask for proof that Supernan isn't a devil worshipper because he never denied that in a comic book panel.
    I know there's no such panel. that's the point. The Al Ghul's haven't consistently embraced their cultures but that doesn't mean that they don't or that there aren't enough gaps in their lore to neatly make it a part of their story.

One Bad Day gave us a new aspect of ra's growing up and Robin 2021 introduced Mother Soul. I don't see why the insistence that they have no ties to their culture when we have examples of some ties and the rest is blank.

Sure it'd feel odd at first retroactively adding it because we haven't gotten much of that side of of the story but over time it'd become more natural.

I maintain that it's better to have Damian embrace his heritage on panel than to retcon his appearance so drastically.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see why the insistence that they have no ties to their culture when we have examples of some ties and the rest is blank.
    The thing is that the LoA is often written like some kind of sect of cult, so to me it makes more sense when they have their own tradition and not follow any existing one.

And with Ras Age he would likely any way not really follow the current version of any tradions.

Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The thing is that the LoA is often written like some kind of sect of cult, so to me it makes more sense when they have their own tradition and not follow any existing one.

And with Ras Age he would likely any way not really follow the current version of any tradions.
    They could balance LOA traditions and their cultures. Lots of people do this in real life. Most people do balance their heritage alongside the norms of the society/community they live in.

Damian wasn't raised by Ra's alone and if Ra's is into Yoga and went to Woodstock then he has very little issues with adapting with the times.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I know there's no such panel. that's the point. The Al Ghul's haven't consistently embraced their cultures but that doesn't mean that they don't or that there aren't enough gaps in their lore to neatly make it a part of their story.

One Bad Day gave us a new aspect of ra's growing up and Robin 2021 introduced Mother Soul. I don't see why the insistence that they have no ties to their culture when we have examples of some ties and the rest is blank.

Sure it'd feel odd at first retroactively adding it because we haven't gotten much of that side of of the story but over time it'd become more natural.

I maintain that it's better to have Damian embrace his heritage on panel than to retcon his appearance so drastically.
    What are the cultures of the Al Ghuls?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What are the cultures of the Al Ghuls?
    By that I mean the cultures and traditions associated with their ancestry.

Chinese and a specific Middle Eastern region. Recently I know it was specified as Anatolian [which resulted in backlash]
    I think Bruce is Scottish [I think not sure though]

I wonder if we will ever see Goliath again.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

Hopefully. Williamson teased his return during his Robin run but I guess he didn't manage to fit him in before it was interrupted.

Batman and Robin gives him another chance to bring in Goliath.

I'd like to see Damian's other pets as well. Even better, we get Bitewing meeting the Damian's pets.

Super Sons had an Annual that was just the superpets. An Annual or back up with the batpets would be so wholesome.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post

What is that?