Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I was so confused reading that story. I'm almost convinced the writer confused Connor with Conner or something.

Such a strange direction to go for in a Pride Special. The vibe was just bitter and off. What an odd choice.

You might be right about the writer confusing Conner with Connor. Pretty certain Tim and Conner have met up since Tim came out though no guarantee the writer knew that.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-01-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Especially as Connor and Tim were acquaintances/work buddies at BEST.
    It read like the writer was not be well versed in the characters lore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It read like the writer was not be well versed in the characters lore.
    She's a Jaytim shipper so........

She's a Jaytim shipper so........
    So she is a Tim fan. If she's a shipper and she's into comics she should know his lore.

Extraordinary Member

I would need to reread the actual stories, but I would be surprised If they had ever met out of costume, or if Connor even knew Tim's civilian identity.

But writers seemed to have stopped caring about which character knows what about which character a long time ago...

Extraordinary Member

So she is a Tim fan. If she's a shipper and she's into comics she should know his lore.
    I kind of have often the impression that a lot if shippers and fanfic writers have barely read any comics, which makes me allwways wonders why they seem to be so obsessed about them...

And honestly I don't think that Fitzmartin's version of Bernard has really much of resemblance with the pre flashpoint version of this character ...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I kind of have often the impression that a lot if shippers and fanfic writers have barely read any comics, which makes me allwways wonders why they seem to be so obsessed about them...

And honestly I don't think that Fitzmartin's version of Bernard has really much of resemblance with the pre flashpoint version of this character ...
    It's the aesthetics of the characters as they think they look "cute" in a pairing.....It's also why people shipped Bernard with Tim back in the day and why Fitzmartin brought him back. He's a good looking blonde white dude, and pairing him with Tim gives the "black haired dude with the blonde dude" aesthetic which is really popular in shipping/fanfic. Hell it's even the page image for yaoi on wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoi
    You can tell this is the case for Bernard as Fitzmartin barely alludes to his actual history with Tim aside from vague references and completely made up a meta history of the two being super close friends like Tim always being his "good luck charm".....

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would need to reread the actual stories, but I would be surprised If they had ever met out of costume, or if Connor even knew Tim's civilian identity.

But writers seemed to have stopped caring about which character knows what about which character a long time ago...
    Nope. They've only interacted in costume only and only for teamups. They were friendly but more like friendly work buddies at best.

Jaytim shippers are the kind of shipper who don't care about lore, history, etc and more on the aesthetics of the ship itself and see the characters as muses for their niches. In Jaytim it's the "bad boy with the woobie boy" kind of thing.

Tim isn't even in the Top 10 of Connor's closest friends. I'm not that into Green Arrow's lore, but even I know that. I thought it would be an interesting story at first because those two characters barely have ever interacted with each other before, but the way the writer executed it was just weird.

I'm not sure if you can call someone who ships two brothers with each other a fan. In fact, as soon as you see a Batcest shipper, you can be 100% certain they have never read a comic in their life.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian was in the Pride Special. In the Tim/Connor story. Unlike last year, this story wasn't so heartwarming. The story was confusing. Tim seemingly taking issue with Connor spending time with Damian. Not sure what the writer was going for to be honest.

The one positive was the hint of Batfam togetherness off panel [Tim and Damian patrolling together]Now we just need to see them patrol together on panel.
    Last year a lot of Tim-centric blogs were unhappy that Damian was in Connor's Pride story.The same ones that have been vocal about Connor showing up in Robin2021.They took issue with Damian's title using a friend of Tim's.

This story feels like an attempt at giving those fans what they want. The only problem is that those fans were wrong. Conner and Tim were never friends.They had a few crossovers [lol Damian at this point probably has spent more time on panel than Tim]

The story makes Tim look petty especially since Damian clearly has zero negative feelings regarding Connor friendship with Tim.

Even if we interpret it as Tim taking issue with Connor coming out to Damian first. It's still very entitled and lacking in self awareness because what does it have to do with Tim?

I am glad that Damian continues to be an ally.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Wow! That's 2 releases in a year. I wonder if DC might yet be swayed to deage Jon and get the boys back together or will they keep trying to have their cake and eat it/

Could this be related to the news that WW is about to have a daughter who was shown with the Supersons?

I'm not sure if you can call someone who ships two brothers with each other a fan. In fact, as soon as you see a Batcest shipper, you can be 100% certain they have never read a comic in their life.
    I always assumed that if a person is invested in a character/s enough to ship them they would be invested enough to know the character/s. Especially when that person is a writer and a comic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Wow! That's 2 releases in a year. I wonder if DC might yet be swayed to deage Jon and get the boys back together or will they keep trying to have their cake and eat it/

Could this be related to the news that WW is about to have a daughter who was shown with the Supersons?
    Doubt this is in response to Trinity. That implies Trinity has been in development for a some time, DC was planning on introducing a Wonder to go with the Super sons. We know that this wasn't the case since DC killed the Super sons opting instead to invest in the 5g lineup. Jon, Jace and Yara.

I don't see DC deaging jon when they have the option of telling stories with both young and Teen super sons simultaneously.

Last year a lot of Tim-centric blogs were unhappy that Damian was in Connor's Pride story.The same ones that have been vocal about Connor showing up in Robin2021.They took issue with Damian's title using a friend of Tim's.

This story feels like an attempt at giving those fans what they want. The only problem is that those fans were wrong. Conner and Tim were never friends.They had a few crossovers [lol Damian at this point probably has spent more time on panel than Tim]

The story makes Tim look petty especially since Damian clearly has zero negative feelings regarding Connor friendship with Tim.

Even if we interpret it as Tim taking issue with Connor coming out to Damian first. It's still very entitled and lacking in self awareness because what does it have to do with Tim?

Listening to fan feedback is a double edged sword sometimes.

Mighty Member

It turns out listening to tumblr/twitter side of fans is a mistake as they don't read much comics and base most off headcanons...oh no....who knew.....

And yes Tim comes across as self-centered throughout the whole thing

Damian is going to be Batman with his own Robin before Tim is allowed to age up.
    He already is, in an alternate universe. He became Batman in DCeased, with Steph as his Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman