Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27677374757677
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149

Let me ask, pretend I NEVER read any super hero comic and want to know

"Why they don't want Tim to be older?"

Because I always hear people saying "we all know why Tim doesn't grow up"... I think I don't know.

(@ ̄□ ̄@!!

Merry Christmas Damian fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

Because I always hear people saying "we all know why Tim doesn't grow up"... I think I don't know.

(@ ̄□ ̄@!!
    He has the Charlie Brown curse. For IP reasons he's not allowed to look different.

Merry Xmas (ФωФ)/����✨️

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    He has the Charlie Brown curse. For IP reasons he's not allowed to look different.
    What IP reasons mean?

Extraordinary Member

(@ ̄□ ̄@!!
    Foolish marketing thinking applying an arbitrary judgement to Tim that is not practiced on other characters.

Basically, the reasoning seems to have originally been that Tim getting over 18 would make a Bruce look old, and old = less marketable.

But then they introduced Damian at 10 years old, with his conception still well into Dick’s time as Robin, rather firmly making it more likely Bruce is in his 40’s regardless, and have swiftly (for comics) progressed him to 15 years old, while Tim is regarded as too “dangerous” to age up.

Weirdly, Tim has had multiple cases where his age *should* have gone up thanks to stuff like One Year Later, and he started out close to Jason’s age, and is now only about two years away from Damian’s age.

It’s stupid, but it’s another little weird kick editorial got a while ago and haven’t gotten over.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

What IP reasons mean?
    Make the character always look the same in order to make the character more easily recognizable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Foolish marketing thinking applying an arbitrary judgement to Tim that is not practiced on other characters.

Basically, the reasoning seems to have originally been that Tim getting over 18 would make a Bruce look old, and old = less marketable.

But then they introduced Damian at 10 years old, with his conception still well into Dick’s time as Robin, rather firmly making it more likely Bruce is in his 40’s regardless, and have swiftly (for comics) progressed him to 15 years old, while Tim is regarded as too “dangerous” to age up.

Weirdly, Tim has had multiple cases where his age *should* have gone up thanks to stuff like One Year Later, and he started out close to Jason’s age, and is now only about two years away from Damian’s age.

It’s stupid, but it’s another little weird kick editorial got a while ago and haven’t gotten over.
    2026, if the Superman legacy film does well casting for the brave and the bold can commence. Once Damian is cast the clock in keeping Tim young will start

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    2026, if the Superman legacy film does well casting for the brave and the bold can commence. Once Damian is cast the clock in keeping Tim young will start
    The clock on keeping Tim, period, has already started. He hasn't had a good solo since Red Robin, his stories are constantly mismanaged, his characterization is caught between 90s teen and ******* to one of his closest friends (to say nothing of his romantic relationship with her).