Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I cant believe Lil damian is starting High School tomorrow

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about Damian in Gotham War so far is him treating Selina with such disgust and agression out of nowhere. Her plans sucks, but I don't think he needed to act so offensive and disgusted, and, as far as I remember, they were on pretty good terms, she was basically part of the family. And also, him calling her out on being a criminal is a huge double standarts, considering who his mother and girlfriend are. And it's weird, that no one really pointed that out at that moment.
    Apart from that, him punching Jason was the best scene in the event so far.
    Selina was being written by King so there was a bit of favouritism with Damian putting up with her cuz she and Bruce were back together.
    Why would Damian and Selina be on good terms after what happened all 3 characters after King's run?
    Plus Damian's girlfriend works for an inefficient mob boss in Japan and his mother helped save the world from Slade and Demon Nezha.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about Damian in Gotham War so far is him treating Selina with such disgust and agression out of nowhere. Her plans sucks, but I don't think he needed to act so offensive and disgusted, and, as far as I remember, they were on pretty good terms, she was basically part of the family. And also, him calling her out on being a criminal is a huge double standarts, considering who his mother and girlfriend are. And it's weird, that no one really pointed that out at that moment.
    Apart from that, him punching Jason was the best scene in the event so far.
    Considering that it was Selina’s plan that got Alfred killed, and then she and Bruce both threw him under the bus and never acknowledged that it was Selina who sent him into Gotham I think Damian treated her fairly.

I know that most people didn’t read King’s run and only looked at the pictures but it’s canon that it was Selina who made all the decisions that led to Alfred’s death as well as the loss of Bruce’s fortune and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Considering that it was Selina’s plan that got Alfred killed, and then she and Bruce both threw him under the bus and never acknowledged that it was Selina who sent him into Gotham I think Damian treated her fairly.

I know that most people didn’t read King’s run and only looked at the pictures but it’s canon that it was Selina who made all the decisions that led to Alfred’s death as well as the loss of Bruce’s fortune and company.
    It wasn't Selina's plan that got Alfred killed. That was all Bruce.
    Brube came up with the plan
    Bruce sent Damian into Gotham and Bruce threw Damian under the bus. Selina had nothing to do with it and had zero knowledge of the plans ahead of time.

It is 1000% untrue that Selina made the plans that led to Alfred's suicide. Not sure where you got that but in issue 77 Bruce enlights Selina and readers on his plan that got Alfred to give up his life

I feel like the whole "who bungled what" got kind of muddled because no one could quite keep consistent what the plan actually was, who planned it, and what the action plan was.

I blame King. Or I guess DC Editorial since Alfred wasn't supposed to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the whole "who bungled what" got kind of muddled because no one could quite keep consistent what the plan actually was, who planned it, and what the action plan was.

I blame King. Or I guess DC Editorial since Alfred wasn't supposed to die.
    Except in story we know for a fact that Selina knew nothing of the plan Bruce, Alfred and the Family had. #77 Bruce broke down the plan he and the family set in motion before he went to join her on their beach holiday/mission step by step.

He even explained about the coded punch. She didn't know. There was no muddling. The issue was one giant info dump then in #80 we got Alfred's reasons for deciding to die.

Bruce gave us a step by step of exactly what he planned and what he asked Damian to do. Damian did exactly what he was asked to do and nothing more. Alfred just decided to deviate because he didn't want to be used as a pawn to cause Bruce to make hard choices so he decided to sacrifice his life and fucked it all up.

A lot about King's run was confusing but that part wasn't. He dedicated an issue spelling it out for readers.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Except in story we know for a fact that Selina knew nothing of the plan Bruce, Alfred and the Family had. #77 Bruce broke down the plan he and the family set in motion before he went to join her on their beach holiday/mission step by step.

He even explained about the coded punch. She didn't know. There was no muddling. The issue was one giant info dump then in #80 we got Alfred's reasons for deciding to die.

Bruce gave us a step by step of exactly what he planned and what he asked Damian to do. Damian did exactly what he was asked to do and nothing more. Alfred just decided to deviate because he didn't want to be used as a pawn to cause Bruce to make hard choices so he decided to sacrifice his life and fucked it all up.

A lot about King's run was confusing but that part wasn't. He dedicated an issue spelling it out for readers.
    Maybe not confusing but badly executed and not well thought-out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It wasn't Selina's plan that got Alfred killed. That was all Bruce.
    Brube came up with the plan
    Bruce sent Damian into Gotham and Bruce threw Damian under the bus. Selina had nothing to do with it and had zero knowledge of the plans ahead of time.

It is 1000% untrue that Selina made the plans that led to Alfred's suicide. Not sure where you got that but in issue 77 Bruce enlights Selina and readers on his plan that got Alfred to give up his life
    It was actually issue 77, where Bruce spends the whole day moping about losing and the final page has Selina telling him she has a plan to get back into Gotham. Read it again. I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    It was actually issue 77, where Bruce spends the whole day moping about losing and the final page has Selina telling him she has a plan to get back into Gotham. Read it again. I just did.
    My bad it was issue 81

Extraordinary Member

Yay
    Batman and Robin third on the BC comic book bestseller list let’s gooooo !!!
    IMG_7047.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yay
    Batman and Robin third on the BC comic book bestseller list let’s gooooo !!!
    IMG_7047.jpg
    Where is this from?

BATMAN – SANTA CLAUS: SILENT KNIGHT #4

Written by JEFF PARKER

Art by MICHELE BANDINI

Cover by DAN MORA

Variant cover by LEIRIX

1:25 variant cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE

$3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 4 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 12/26/23

It’s a Christmas Night Fight: The search for a stolen child leads to Santa versus Krampus in the final, climactic battle for the soul of Christmas! The Justice League are stretched thin battling the mightiest monsters of the ages when the true menace is revealed!
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-17-2023 at 01:14 PM.

More variants

BATMAN AND ROBIN #4
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art and cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    Variant cover by KAEL NGU
    1:25 variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
    1:50 variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    1:100 variant cover by KAEL NGU
    Santa variant cover by OTTO SCHMIDT
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 12/12/23
    Batman and Robin have been separated! Batman works with White Rabbit to track down the new femme fatale Shush while his son, Damian, hunts down the criminal mastermind who is targeting his father! But Damian won’t like who he finds! Don’t miss out on the shocking ending!

Last edited by dietrich; 09-17-2023 at 01:32 PM.