Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They would need them, because without Jon and Damian it just wouldn't sell.
    If Jon and Damian couldn't sell together, it would be pretty difficult the other characters will really help with the sales.

Irey and Jai are pretty minor supporting characters, while Maya and Kathy are almost forgotten characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Alfred is the worst but Bruce and Damian are also ugly. I can never understand why so many kids animations look so yucky.

Hopefully the intended target audience vibes with it, for me it's a hard sell.
    Yeah. Damian looks like Jon, Batman shouldn't have a beard, and Alfred looks like a villain. Totally wrong.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If Jon and Damian couldn't sell together, it would be pretty difficult the other characters will really help with the sales.

Irey and Jai are pretty minor supporting characters, while Maya and Kathy are almost forgotten characters.
    Jon and Damian did sell together. They had solid numbers. Then, be it Bendis alone, Didio, or some combination, Jon got aged up and the dynamic simply hasn't been the same. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time lesser known characters would be paired up with well known ones on a team. That's literally been almost every team in comics.

Fantastic Member

I wonder how the Batman and Robin comic series will address Flatline.

Considering right now, she and Damian are kinda-somewhat in a relationship. I hope Bruce and Damian talk about it, and a funny father-son talk about relationships

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

What is the obsession with cramming everyone remotely the same age into a title? This is What the other poster was complaining about aping the past generations. just because Cruce and Dick did it doesn't mean every other Bat male/generation should do it.
    Because people like kids interacting with kids. One of the best things about YJ and TT is the connections that the kids made with one another.

Why is manga doing so well, teens and kids interacting with one another and interpersonal relationships.

YJ had a book that allowed for that to happen so did TT. Doesn't have to be YJ, it can be Super kids, or All Star League, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Because people like kids interacting with kids. One of the best things about YJ and TT is the connections that the kids made with one another.

Why is manga doing so well, teens and kids interacting with one another and interpersonal relationships.

YJ had a book that allowed for that to happen so did TT. Doesn't have to be YJ, it can be Super kids, or All Star League, or something.
    Do we need them as a team to interact?
    DC can only have somany teen teams before they start to cannibalise each other. Why create another version of what you already have[and gotto spare to the extent that you are struggling to do anything with-YJ]
    Rather than bo the usual collecting a generation and bundle them asa collective in a team forever linking them in readers minds I'd rather DC keep the SuperSons as is.
    I'd rather Damian's generation not end up like the generation before them. Often clumped together and associated with each other. I'm not saying don't interact or develop dynamics. I just don't want them as part of a team.

That's not why manga sells better. Not even a factor. FYI content has zero to do with why Manga sells more. People compare the two not understanding that it's not comparable.
    Japan is different. The systems, culture and way of life [to name just a few] is different. Manga. More importantly reading is an integral part of the everydaylife.

For example;

What do you do during your commute? Do you look at other passengers on the train? well in Japan common etiquette requires you keep your eyes averted.

The best way to do this is having something on hand everyday to keep your eyes occupied on your commute or in public places.

How many volumes do you think the average commuter goes through in a week?

That is just one big difference that I observed using public transport in Osaka. Every Train/bus. Everyone was reading, all the time.

Only certain genres of manga have teens interacting building interpersonal relationships. A **** ton of Manga has zero teens or kids.

Shonen and Shojo aren't the only popular genres in manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Damian looks like Jon, Batman shouldn't have a beard, and Alfred looks like a villain. Totally wrong.
    Bruce looks like a Lumber Jack and Alfred looks like he's melting. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well it wasn’t canceled after all
    I don’t like the designs tho???

Why don’t they ever test this crap , people will tell you right away eww it’s ugly.
    Attachment 131331
    Forgot this was a thing.
    I like the out there art style.

Hopefully this movie and upcoming show turn out to be well written bangers.

My son is going to vibe with this. Looks very similar to a lot of the CN shows he watches.

I don't mind the art style. Reminds me of the Ronald Dahl books I grew up reading. Which is a plus.

I recognise that Damian pose.We've seen it in 2 seperate comic series that are relevant to the premise of merry Little Batman.

Batman and Robin Annual, An arc where Damian assumes the role of a mini Batman watching over Gotham for 3nights while Bruce is away.

Lil Gotham. The festive issue. In that issue, he's in his PJs, driving round the Manor in a kiddy version of the Batmobile [a christmas presents he's just unwrapped]

He strikes the pose only on place of a cape he has a sheet tied around his neck.
    It's easy to see what comics inspired this movie.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-30-2023 at 09:51 PM.

Well it wasn’t canceled after all
    I don’t like the designs tho???

Why don’t they ever test this crap , people will tell you right away eww it’s ugly.
    Attachment 131331
    How do you know it wasn't tested?
    Lots of ugly shows were well received and a few of the biggest shows in Na [over 30 seasons] have ugly art or crappy animation.

Even Kids animated shows, a lot aren't pretty but they are still fun

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    How do you know it wasn't tested?
    Lots of ugly shows were well received and a few of the biggest shows in Na [over 30 seasons] have ugly art or crappy animation.

Even Kids animated shows, a lot aren't pretty but they are still fun
    You’re right , I don’t know it wasn’t tested. But I wonder how they feel after getting positive reception in house to suddenly it debuting for the public. I did forget that this was originally meant for CN and I don’t know the vibe of current animation at the moment. Children may very well end up loving it. It’s not too far off from that Jon Superman show they never went through

You’re right , I don’t know it wasn’t tested. But I wonder how they feel after getting positive reception in house to suddenly it debuting for the public. I did forget that this was originally meant for CN and I don’t know the vibe of current animation at the moment. Children may very well end up loving it. It’s not too far off from that Jon Superman show they never went through
    I just hope it's good fun. The director's previous show had questionable art but it was still a hit on CN. I believe Prime acquired it to boost their kid friendly content to grab some of CN viewership.

Regardless I feel that this is already a positive for Damian's character. Exposure to a new demographic. A very important one at that.

The only Robin who has managed to crack that demographic is Dick Grayson.

Astonishing Member

Shonen and Shojo aren't the only popular genres in manga.
    To be fair, teen characters (interacting) are popular even in Seinen or Josei manga. Japan audience of manga seems to have a strong appreciation for youth.

I agree with everything else you said.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-01-2023 at 03:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

In general, current designs for characters in children cartoon wouldn't be traditionally "attractive" (for example: Aquaman: King of Atlantis).

I think they choose bizarre (but simple to animate) designs, because it's more covenient to attract kids.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-01-2023 at 03:40 PM.

Learnt something new today. Damian's RedBird persona was actually in reference to Native American DC character Red Bird.

I always believed it was a reference to the 90'sRobin mobile.