Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The current run on Nightwing is absolutely amazing, I'd love a book that good starring Damian.
    For a brief time I got just that. Williamson's Robin wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it immensely. That series and Taylor's Nightwing were the best out of everything I was reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But Tim's role in this is really so generic that you could have easily replaced him with almost every other Batfamily member without any impact on the actual story. Nothing about the story is really specific to Tim.
    Seems to me Tim's role seems to be a retuning of the same role he had the last time Bruce was thought dead.
    Regardless the important thing is that the writer wants Tim, has Tim and already is using Tim. So keep Tim as Batman's sidekick. Make that his home.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I would argue having Damian around would help more to develop Dick more as a character than Babs, but I'm also biased because I couldn't care less about her lmao. I also wouldn't mind another Super Sons comic because Jon isn't going to be aged back, so they might as well start developing their new dynamic now.
    I'd rather read Dick and Damian working together over Dick and Babs any day but above all I want Nightwing to remain a solo led title.
    I don't mind guest appearances [Seeley did a great job using guests in his Rebirth Nightwing run] but having him share I dislike.

That's a thing I dislike about the current run. Similar to Damian I feel Dick's world and lore needs to re-established. Taylor has been doing that with his run [slowly] but he is doing it. Dick Grayson/Nightwing finally is starting to reflect the tagline The heart Of The DCU i want that to continue. The title already has been too Bat/Gotham leaning with he number of Bat characters that have popped up. I get that due to it being one of DC's best sellers it's beneficial to write in appearances for characters who need boosting but still there's been far too many Bat characters in Nightwing.

{sorry that turned into a rant}

What I'm trying to say is that both Dick and Damian right now would benefit from titles that allow the writer to focus as much as possible on them, the supporting characters associated with them and their world.

In an ideal world, there'd be a Nightwing solo, a Robin Damian Wayne solo and a Nightwing and Robin title.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I loved the Father-Son parts [they could have been executed better and they felt hollow but still welcome the attempt at addressing some issues the Robins have with Batman] and the ending with Damian, the family and everyone happy to sacrifice a portion of their life for Batman was especially poignant.

Bruce has sacrificed a lot to help others. Given his life to his mission. Reading his family and his city rally to give back to him was such a meaningful way to end the series.
    I thought it was lazy, corny and most importantly it had nothing to do with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The current run on Nightwing is absolutely amazing, I'd love a book that good starring Damian.
    You can feel the love for the Nightwing character in Taylor's run. I'd like a series like that for Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    It is super weird how DC suddenly cares about continuity errors when it concerns Damian, but only for the Batman related comics because he is allowed to appear in Jon's solo, which is written by Taylor who claimed he can't use him in Nightwing because Damian is involved in an event or something. I have no idea what they are doing, and at this point I don't care. I just want Damian to get his solo back, I'm tired of all these mediocre events and specials. If they want Tim to be Batman's Robin so badly, just move Damian to Nightwing's book or let him do his own thing in his own book.
    I wish I understood DC.
    It seems like the obvious solution is to keep Tim in batman's title and let Damian have his own solo series.
    Everybody wins. Why have Tim monopolize both? Like Fergus pointed out, his solo isn't doing well why keep publishing a title that isn't able to crack the top 200 by issue 5?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I wish I understood DC.
    It seems like the obvious solution is to keep Tim in batman's title and let Damian have his own solo series.
    Everybody wins. Why have Tim monopolize both? Like Fergus pointed out, his solo isn't doing well why keep publishing a title that isn't able to crack the top 200 by issue 5?
    Too many old Tim fans running the Bat Office?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Too many old Tim fans running the Bat Office?
    I had hoped that the purge cleaned that out but I guess any new hires would still fall into that generation.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I had hoped that the purge cleaned that out but I guess any new hires would still fall into that generation.
    Age wise, I'm in that. But from when I actually got into comics, it would be Damian. If Batman in general, it would be Dick Grayson, or "Tim" from BTAS (Jason in all but name).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Age wise, I'm in that. But from when I actually got into comics, it would be Damian. If Batman in general, it would be Dick Grayson, or "Tim" from BTAS (Jason in all but name).
    Damian was also the Robin when I got into comics.

Outside media I was exposed to Burt Ward, Dick from the live action B&R movie and more . I discovered the other Robins following Son of Batman and the comics.

I am a little lost, what is the next comic for following Damian story now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Unknown, right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Batman #136 is his next confirmed appearance, and also Injustice Damian will appear in Adventures of Superman.
    Nothing more so far. Williamson said, that there is something coming up later this year, but we don't known what it is and when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Batman #136 is his next confirmed appearance, and also Injustice Damian will appear in Adventures of Superman.
    Nothing more so far. Williamson said, that there is something coming up later this year, but we don't known what it is and when it comes out.
    *sigh*
    Well, no surprise that Taylor brings in Injustice.

It seems the batline will get a relaunch, so hopefully there's something good for Damian there!