Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Damian and realJon in a their own garage band was one of the few bright spots of that event. Just a shame it never went beyond it.

Williamson has been one of the few to expand Damian's friendships and such into the wider DCU, and in a positive light. And did so without hurting other characters, but expanding on their lore (like R'as' mother is even more unhinged than he is).
    I'm surprised DC isn't giving us more Super sons [with kid Jon]. They must be aware that Teen Jon isn't as popular.

Fans want Jon to be deaged which DC clearly doesn't want to do.

A compromise would be to put out more kid Supersons stuff. like the recent Flash story but as a series.

There's so much Story left untold. Stuff that was started but not fleshed out.

We saw the boys play twice. An unseen part of Damian's/Supe Sons life. What else are we yet to see? How did the Band come together? What type of music do they play?

What is the official name of the band and where do the practise?
    That just one Supersons thing. For Damian there's so many dropped plot points and details that were teased but went ignored by the next writer.

What I would really like for a writer to pull all those ignored plots, friendships and teased details from previous Damian runs/stories together. Bringing it all together into more coherent narrative that paints a whole story.

Damian's life and story is scattered and broken up right now. More so than a lot of other characters that it's sometimes hard to get a real idea of how he leads his life and spends his leisure.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    What makes you say that? Jeremy Adams may be the one to make Jon a kid again and if he did, I don't think it would happen in a Flash book.
    I would hope, but given DC and their weird stances on Jon being older in the super books. I just hope they do so Damian can have his buddy back along with Conner Hawke.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I'm surprised DC isn't giving us more Super sons [with kid Jon]. They must be aware that Teen Jon isn't as popular.

Fans want Jon to be deaged which DC clearly doesn't want to do.

A compromise would be to put out more kid Supersons stuff. like the recent Flash story but as a series.

There's so much Story left untold. Stuff that was started but not fleshed out.

We saw the boys play twice. An unseen part of Damian's/Supe Sons life. What else are we yet to see? How did the Band come together? What type of music do they play?

What is the official name of the band and where do the practise?
    That just one Supersons thing. For Damian there's so many dropped plot points and details that were teased but went ignored by the next writer.

What I would really like for a writer to pull all those ignored plots, friendships and teased details from previous Damian runs/stories together. Bringing it all together into more coherent narrative that paints a whole story.

Damian's life and story is scattered and broken up right now. More so than a lot of other characters that it's sometimes hard to get a real idea of how he leads his life and spends his leisure.
    As much as I don't want to share the YJ name,maybe Damian and RealJon girl a team but they're also a band. Iris and Jai, can be two, Kathy and Maya, maybe Mara as guest star. Have it be on the weekends that they train together. Let it be Middle grade age like Peter David did.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    As much as I don't want to share the YJ name,maybe Damian and RealJon girl a team but they're also a band. Iris and Jai, can be two, Kathy and Maya, maybe Mara as guest star. Have it be on the weekends that they train together. Let it be Middle grade age like Peter David did.
    I'm not a fan of Damian's gen going by YJ or even becoming TT. Just because Dick Grayson did something doesn't mean every Robin should do it. Jason tried being Dick Grayson and Tim tried being Dick Grayson. Didn't work out for either because there is only one.

Damian should be different and do things differently.

Damian doesn't need a big team. He has super sons with jon. The Super sons are fine just the two of them. Adding the Flash twins dilutes the brand and turns it from specialto generic.

Maya and Kathy are fine as friends so are Irey and Jai but I don't want them as part of the group or become a team. They have their own lives.

I don't mind them becoming part of the band and getting together weekends but as a team that's in a title being published. No.

The way I see it Dick created TT and Titans

Tim joined the Young Justice

Jason created the Outlaws and

Damian and Jon became the Super Sons.

Dc should keep it that way. The unique thing about the Supersons is that unlike the other teams. The line up doesn't change because it's not a team in the same sense as the others.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-25-2023 at 06:28 AM.

I think that the major reason why anyone still cares about YJ is because it wasn't TT. Sure, young heroes and all that, but it did feel a bit like it was THEIR thing. If it was just another TT run then likely nobody would even remember it.

So yeah, Super Sons is preferable to YJ or another TT run,

You know, if "Super Sons" became "Super Kids" with Irey, Jai, Maya, and Kathy with the boys, I would not be against that.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

You know, if "Super Sons" became "Super Kids" with Irey, Jai, Maya, and Kathy with the boys, I would not be against that.
    I'd read that book for sure
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

nah. There's a delicate balance between Damian and jon. More importantly is the point that all Dc kids don't have to be shoved into the same book. Damian and jon's Supersons is different because it isn't a generational catch all like TT and YJ. Lets keep it that way.

not to mention that the inclusion of others mars the quality of supersons. The flash issue and the issues with kathy are easy proof.

Dc can have a Superkids title with Irey, Jai, kathy and maya. they don't need Damian and Jon tagging along.

What is the obsession with cramming everyone remotely the same age into a title? This is What the other poster was complaining about aping the past generations. just because Cruce and Dick did it doesn't mean every other Bat male/generation should do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dc can have a Superkids title with Irey, Jai, kathy and maya. they don't need Damian and Jon tagging along.
    They would need them, because without Jon and Damian it just wouldn't sell.

Extraordinary Member

Well it wasn’t canceled after all
    I don’t like the designs tho???

Why don’t they ever test this crap , people will tell you right away eww it’s ugly.
    36D964D5-F534-4DC7-B9DE-C89A73EE9929.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Why don’t they ever test this crap , people will tell you right away eww it’s ugly.
    They are doing some interesting reinterpretations of Damian.

I don't like the design either. Makes me less excited for it.

I suppose the test was the Regular show. The creators last show for CN. I bet these were approved based on the success of that series. That show was ugly as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't like the design either. Makes me less excited for it.

I suppose the test was the Regular show. The creators last show for CN. I bet these were approved based on the success of that series. That show was ugly as well.
    Yeah but even that show design we’re not unappealing, it’s mostly Alfred honestly

Yeah but even that show design we’re not unappealing, it’s mostly Alfred honestly
    Alfred is the worst but Bruce and Damian are also ugly. I can never understand why so many kids animations look so yucky.

Hopefully the intended target audience vibes with it, for me it's a hard sell.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-26-2023 at 02:46 PM.