Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

My first thought when I saw this panel was "This could not be more hamfisted if it was a cop holding a entire honey-baked ham" but I think I've figured out my problem with how Williamson keeps trying to present Bruce and Damian's relationship as.

The panel reads: "We know how to be Batman and Robin, but I'm not sure if we know how to be father and son."

But with one little change it would fix a lot of the issues I've been having.

What it should say is: "We know how to be Batman and Robin, but I think we've forgotten how to be father and son."

With that little change it fully acknowledges, without pretending to forget their pre-existing development, whats been going on for the last few years (Bruce and Damian's estrangement and separation (makes them sound like a married couple, doesn't it? lol)) but doesn't specifying the editorially mandated bullshit that pissed off readers like myself so much and made that be the case in first place. It's one simple line change that (somewhat) justifies everything that came before and more or less streamlines its effects.

However, that's not what it says. It's the ignorance that Williamson keeps projecting that's been rubbing me the wrong way ever since he dropped the ball in Robin 2021. I'll keep being skeptical and pedantic.
    Last edited by garazza; 08-08-2023 at 09:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    It's the ignorance that Williamson keeps projecting that's been rubbing me the wrong way ever since he dropped the ball in Robin 2021.
    If you want DC to acknowledge their previous mistakes, it's better that you wait seated.

It's more likely that they will just retcon all previous development, so thecfather-son relationship is developing again.

Astonishing Member

So, Damian keeps getting prominent roles in events. Shadow War, Lazarus Planet, now Knight Terrors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, Damian keeps getting prominent roles in events. Shadow War, Lazarus Planet, now Knight Terrors.
    Joshua Williamson been crafting the current DC has been handling him personally

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So?

Nightwing still saved the multiverse in Dark Crisis.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So?

Nightwing still saved the multiverse in Dark Crisis.
    I know right. It doesn't mean jack. I'd rather Damian got a really well written solo that focuses on the character and develops him positively.

We had that in Robin 2021 but DC decided to cancel it and insult Damian and his fans to boot.

Damian isn't getting the push he should. These cross overs and events are that big a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Joshua Williamson been crafting the current DC has been handling him personally
    Joshua Williamson isn't crafting anything. He's doing jobs to order. Dc execs are the ones crafting the DCU and the A list writers or the writers with pull are the two Tom's and Waid.

His role in Lazarus Planet was way smaller than anticipated. He came up with an extremely vague plan and then the magic users did most of the work. Damian was only an observer who was unable to contribute anything. Even the powers he got because King Fire Bull's magic switched them all around were explicitly stated to be of no use against King Fire Bull.
    And the final of Batman vs Robin made Damian appear insignificant compared to Bruce.
    It was an insult to Damian and his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    If you want DC to acknowledge their previous mistakes, it's better that you wait seated.

It's more likely that they will just retcon all previous development, so thecfather-son relationship is developing again.
    Meanwhile Tomasi/Gleason omnibus is getting another printing and will make all this look weird. Their and Morrison's runs are Damian's most popular stories and keep selling so good luck in retconing them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Joshua Williamson isn't crafting anything. He's doing jobs to order. Dc execs are the ones crafting the DCU and the A list writers or the writers with pull are the two Tom's and Waid.
    I don’t think Williamson is aware of this

I can't wait for this to finally come out. The series hasn't even started yet, and we have seen Damian smile like four times. I really hope Williamson won't let us down.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 08-11-2023 at 01:41 PM.

So Jeremy Adams is singing issue 1's praises online

Love the fist bump.

Extraordinary Member

How many people can see deadman?

“ Deadman cannot be visibly perceived by other human beings. This is an automatic ability, and one that Deadman has no control over. Beings gifted with supernatural prowess (Madame Xanadu for example), may be able to see Deadman's true form.”

Kid was drenched in Lazarus rain,
    Then again he perhaps the Alfred he spoke to wasn’t in his head
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 08-11-2023 at 08:15 PM.