Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I canīt see it.. Damian does not fit there. He is not a magical user.
    He's not currently a magic user, but there's been a few times he's been associated with it, expressed desire to use it, actually used it, etc. (Admittedly, some of that was a future self selling his soul for immortality, but still.) I think it'd be a neat angle to lean into, especially given Ra's' use of magic. It'd definitely help Damian's skillset stand out amongst the Bat characters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfidiously View Post
    He's not currently a magic user, but there's been a few times he's been associated with it, expressed desire to use it, actually used it, etc. (Admittedly, some of that was a future self selling his soul for immortality, but still.) I think it'd be a neat angle to lean into, especially given Ra's' use of magic. It'd definitely help Damian's skillset stand out amongst the Bat characters, too.
    Yeah, Jason, with his All-Caste background, has already delved into a lot of this.

Damian has used magic in current timeline. He seems to be knowledgeable. He is an Al Ghul after all. Talia was the one who introduced Jason to the All Caste. So it's knowledge that's in the family.

With the level of education and skill sets, Talia made sure Damian was trained to excel at I can't see her not making magic one of them.

I don't mind Damian using magic. I'm just Dubois on how much an advantage that would be for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, Jason, with his All-Caste background, has already delved into a lot of this.
    Wasn't that a brief thing? I wouldn't say we've seen a bat who is magic user. We.ve seen stories where they dabble but not in a serious way.

Unless we count the Wayne ancestors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And he wasn’t one until he was one. That’s all there is too it. Jason was also a mutant tentacle monster becoming a wizard isn’t that crazy

He is already a trained assassin.. I think that he does not need more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    He is already a trained assassin.. I think that he does not need more.
    Powergirl is a kryptonian
    And now she has physic powers…. It’s more

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But sometimes, less is more. She was already an alternate universe version of Supergirl that didn't want the "Super" legacy.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He also took down Gotham Girl with magic so he does have magic knowledge and magic contacts.

Hmmm... Damian also had Superpowers in a solo issue and then he returned to be normal again.

Perhaps that is temporal too. Like Lana as Superwoman.

Extraordinary Member

Why is Damian with power threatening???

All-New Member

Its the limitaion that will be put on him and how they will use him and it'll be hard to include him on a bat family dynamic once he have magic or powers. I don't think he must have magical powers to join the justice league dark or any magic based team though, his father is member of a team of a super powered individuals and aliens and he is doing fine without powers using his tech, skills and intelligence. Damian can offer a lot to any team without having magical powers and such
    Last edited by Harryrun; 01-21-2023 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    Its the limitaion that will be put on him and how they will use him and it'll be hard to include him on a bat family dynamic once he have magic or powers. I don't think he must have magical powers to join the justice league dark or any magic based team though, his father is member of a team of a super powered individuals and aliens and he is doing fine without powers using his tech, skills and intelligence. Damian can offer a lot to any team without having magical powers and such
    Bruce has the advantage of being the character every writer wants to write tho. They will put a lot of effort into giving him opportunities to do something cool no matter where he shows up. Damian on the other hand often just shows up to be the butt of the joke because a lot of writers hate him.

Mighty Member

I think a major part of the Batfamily appeal is that they are 'ordinary' in a world of the extraordinary, giving them powers removes some of that appeal.

On a different note; what is with the current, and growing, obsession with Damian being a brother (twin, even) to Danny Phantom? Granted, the Miraculous Ladybug ship popped up out of nowhere as well. But still, it keeps popping up more and more.