Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Dick will just be Nightwing already. It's Tim, Cass and Steph that I'm concerned about. If they decide to only have one Robin and one Batgirl (Barbara) then those three could be considered superfluous.
    They are superfluous.

Curious if they'll have him be as young as he was in the initial comics.

For some reason this is reminding me of the DC Animated movies .
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They can have Dick, Jason, Barbara as Oracle and Cass.
    Not sure about Tim and Steph.
    Probably depends on how they want to handle Batgirl.

Congrats to Damian! I'm really happy to see that Damian will finally get the love he deserves. I just hope they get his characterization right, but if Damian is Gunn's favorite Robin, I guess I don't have to be worried, hopefully.
    I hope Dick will be established as Nightwing already because Damian's grow as a character is kinda tied to him, it would feel weird if they skipped their dynamic, but of course it's possible they will take another approach to Damian altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Dick will just be Nightwing already. It's Tim, Cass and Steph that I'm concerned about. If they decide to only have one Robin and one Batgirl (Barbara) then those three could be considered superfluous.
    Cass might have a chance if they decide to use Cain, but I don't see a reason why the movies would need Tim or Steph. Dick has Nightwing, Jason has Red Hood, Babs has her father and Oracle (or Batgirl). I don't even think we will get to see Jason for now, they might want to wait and see how the first movies do before they commit to that storyline. If they want to take it easy and slow, they might also wait to properly introduce Babs.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Big promotion for Damian indeed. I'm surprised. Hopefully we'll get some sort of international actor for Damian, because I think he needs an accent, perhaps a mixed British-ish one. I believe he was educated like a wealthy Western aristocrat, he always clearly sounded like one given how Grant wrote him.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-31-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

This kid Zain Al Rafeea is an award-winning actor and had a blink and you miss it cameo in Eternals. He screams Damian to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This kid Zain Al Rafeea is an award-winning actor and had a blink and you miss it cameo in Eternals. He screams Damian to me.

Isn't he already 18? He will be even older by the time they start filming. If Gunn is planning to go for the father and son relationship, I don't think they will make Damian an adult.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Any fan cast of Damian will age out by the time pre production starts

VERY scared for Damian in live action, it could be absolutely awesome or a huge disaster. I’m glad to know, at the very least, that he’s James Gunn’s favorite Robin. Really hoping for a good outcome that will help increase Damian’s popularity!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I think he'll be there.
    The Brave and the Bold: “This is the introduction of the DCU Batman,” said Gunn. “Of Bruce Wayne and also introduces our favorite Robin, Damian Wayne, who is a little son of a bitch.” The movie will take inspiration from the now-classic Batman run written by Grant Morrison that introduced Batman to a son he never knew existed: a murderous tween raised by assassins. “It’s a very strange father-and-son story.”

And, importantly, it will feature a Batman not played by Robert Pattinson…
    I am really surprised about this. When I heard about the Brave and Bold I thought that I was listening news about another animated film. Not this.

We will see. Happy that he is not a Pattinson Robin but I am still worried.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-31-2023 at 02:42 PM.

Amazing Member

Live action Damian has so much potential! And "our favorite Robin, Damian Wayne, who is a little son of a bitch" is a great attitude to have from the creators. Sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in DC live action creators at the moment...well, we'll see.

I'm also curious which of the other Batfam members we'll see. I think Dick is a shoo-in, but maybe not any of the others. Like how the animated movies with Damian went.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Congrats to Damian! I'm really happy to see that Damian will finally get the love he deserves. I just hope they get his characterization right, but if Damian is Gunn's favorite Robin, I guess I don't have to be worried, hopefully.
    I hope Dick will be established as Nightwing already because Damian's grow as a character is kinda tied to him, it would feel weird if they skipped their dynamic, but of course it's possible they will take another approach to Damian altogether.
    They will likely ignore Dick's connection with Damian in comics, since they want to focus on the father and son relationship of Bruce and Damian.

After all, Dick takes the role of mentor because Bruce wasn't around.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    They will likely ignore Dick's connection with Damian in comics, since they want to focus on the father and son relationship of Bruce and Damian.

They can focus on the father and son relationship of Bruce and Damian without ignoring Damian's relationship with Dick. Batman is supposed to have an established Batfamily, so Dick and Damian can be introduced as brothers. I still would have preferred to see Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin, but I knew that would never happen, so them just acknowledging each other as brothers will be enough for me.

Now that I think about it, I'm more curious of Batman's relationship with Superman because Superman is supposed to be younger, but Bruce has an established Batfamily and a son? This will be fun.

Extraordinary Member

They will likely nothing, if the batfamily is coming together then we know the very to often use story of "what do we do when batman is missing" storyline will occur.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They will likely nothing, if the batfamily is coming together then we know the very to often use story of "what do we do when batman is missing" storyline will occur.
    They've said the focus will be on the father-son relationship between Bruce and Damian. So, I really doubt they will dissapear Bruce for this movie.

Focusing on the relationship between Bruce and Damian inherently takes aways from Damian and Dick's relationship (since it wouldn't be Dick the first to give Damian a place). Not to mention that Tim may don't appear, which will make Dick the most likely character to receive Damian's hostility.

Extraordinary Member

They've said the focus will be on the father-son relationship between Bruce and Damian. So, I really doubt they will dissapear Bruce for this movie.

Focusing on the relationship between Bruce and Damian inherently takes aways from Damian and Dick's relationship (since it wouldn't be Dick the first to give Damian a place). Not to mention that Tim may don't appear, which will make Dick the most likely character to receive Damian's hostility.
    For that film.

Gunn has revealed he is big fan of morrision work he will respect the material and relationships. He can fight with the black sheep robin if they absolutly need that which they dont have to do at all.