Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Damian Wayne/Robin Appreciation 2023.

Let's hope it's a good one for the Son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul with a Grandad in Ra's al Ghul.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Let's hope it's a good one for the Son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul with a Grandad in Ra's al Ghul.
    I hope so too. Last year was a mixed bag for Damian. It was sad that Robin ended but we got some good - great content in various comics, WFA, guest spots in the Harley TV series and an enjoyable animated movie.

Hoping for at the very least more of the same or even better in 2023.

Astonishing Member

Considering that Gunn is a big fan of Morrison's run, I hope this means that Damian has a chance to finally appear in movies.

Happy New Year to Damian and his fans .

Happy new year to all, I hope this year brings good things for our boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Considering that Gunn is a big fan of Morrison's run, I hope this means that Damian has a chance to finally appear in movies.
    That would be excellent. Robin is a tricky fit for the two recent Batmen seen in the live action movies.

Any young sidekick is. It only makes sense if being Robin is safer, less destructive lifestyle for the kid in question.

The kid has powers.

Audiences today would cancel Batman for endangering an orphan in his care.
    Cass and Damian who are already child soldiers and killers hence crime fighting can be viewed as almost a positive.

Duke is a meta. So those 3 might be less problematic. Though audiences might cancel Batman for being a Billionaire White male who endangers underage minorities.

I'd like to see Damian as robin in live action but I'm not sure how likely the possibility is. Creatives aren't keen on Robin. Burton and Nolan both had a strong dislike for the character but who knows.

Imagine if we ever get to see DickBats and RobinDamian in live action?

Happy new year everyone.

Hope DC does better by Damian in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    That would be excellent. Robin is a tricky fit for the two recent Batmen seen in the live action movies.

Any young sidekick is. It only makes sense if being Robin is safer, less destructive lifestyle for the kid in question.

The kid has powers.

Audiences today would cancel Batman for endangering an orphan in his care.
    Cass and Damian who are already child soldiers and killers hence crime fighting can be viewed as almost a positive.

Duke is a meta. So those 3 might be less problematic. Though audiences might cancel Batman for being a Billionaire White male who endangers underage minorities.

I'd like to see Damian as robin in live action but I'm not sure how likely the possibility is. Creatives aren't keen on Robin. Burton and Nolan both had a strong dislike for the character but who knows.

Imagine if we ever get to see DickBats and RobinDamian in live action?
    I don't think people would think that deeply about Robin. Although it would probably depend on the style and tone of the movie.

Happy new year!

Even though I fear Damian's future looks a bit uncertain right now. Of course we can't be sure that DC won't announce even more new books for the first half of 2023, but so far there is no mention of Damian anywhere:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/18/dc...ve-dawn-of-dc/

FlYXVP5XkAIVQZm.jpeg-1.jpg

20230101_222550.jpg

Or do you guys know of any interviews, instagram posts or tweets that hint at anything?

Didn't Tom Taylor say something a while ago? Even though it might just have been that he couldn't use Damian because of certain other plans. He probably meant BvsR and Lazarus Planet?
    My memory is a bit fuzzy and I think I only read about it here, I never read what Taylor said exactly.

Edit: Morgoth had posted: By the way, Taylor said, that he already wrote their interaction, but he can't use Damian in Nightwing yet, because ''Damian has to be somewhere else at this point''.
    last August. That was the post I remembered.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-01-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Happy new year!

Even though I fear Damian's future looks a bit uncertain right now. Of course we can't be sure that DC won't announce even more new books for the first half of 2023, but so far there is no mention of Damian anywhere:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/18/dc...ve-dawn-of-dc/

FlYXVP5XkAIVQZm.jpeg-1.jpg

20230101_222550.jpg
    Of course Damian could always appear in a book that already exists like Batman or Detective Comics.
    But Bruce will probably be stuck in this different universe Failsafe teleported him to till summer and the way Ram V drags out this Orgham plot I'm not confident he'll make room for an arc follwing up on Damian's fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Or do you guys know of any interviews, instagram posts or tweets that hint at anything?

Didn't Tom Taylor say something a while ago? Even though it might just have been that he couldn't use Damian because of certain other plans. He probably meant BvsR and Lazarus Planet?
    My memory is a bit fuzzy and I think I only read about it here, I never read what Taylor said exactly.

Edit: Morgoth had posted: By the way, Taylor said, that he already wrote their interaction, but he can't use Damian in Nightwing yet, because ''Damian has to be somewhere else at this point''.
    last August. That was the post I remembered.
    Taylor did say that. I believe he was referring to Damian being on Lazarus Island.
    I will point out that Damian being on Lazarus Island didn't stop him from turning up in Jon kent's book.

I believe the ban on Damian appearing in Nightwing and other bat books was to give those pages and appearances to Tim.

The current premise is that Tim is only Robin when Damian isn't in town [Tim's words] so Damian isn't allowed to be around while Tim is Robin unless he's dressed as a mind controlled mini Batman.

I'm not expecting any of to change so long as a certain Industry Plant refuses to grow up and move the heck on. It look bad but it looked bad last year as well but it ended up being content filled.

I expect that will show up and will have a regular home.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Can you imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Can you imagine?
    After Tim Drake first yeah. I think Damian is just one Robin too far, but the New 52 did it with a young Superman. So possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    After Tim Drake first yeah. I think Damian is just one Robin too far, but the New 52 did it with a young Superman. So possibly.
    There are too many Robins which is why we rarely see them all adapted.

That why the Animated Universe cut out Tim and Jason and Why The BTAS/DCaU cut out Jason. Why the Beyond verse cut out Jason etc.

Damian doesn't have to come after Tim. He doesn't require Tim or Jason to be introduced. All he needs is Talia and Dick the originator of the Robin mantle.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-02-2023 at 08:50 AM.