Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1149

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    https://www.thepopverse.com/wonder-w...s-january-2024

The book is about the Super Sons baby sitting Trinity. This is just odd and she's dressed as Robin because..?
    So glad that Damian's Batsuit is so distinctive. No mistaking him for Bruce. You know it's Damian right away without having to check which Batkid it is [which is usually the case when Robin's take up the cowl]
    Jon might as well be Clark here.

She's dressed as Robin because King and the creatives working on this care more about popularity than they do the respecting and hyping up the WW franchise.

DC vs. Vampires: World War V

Creative Team: Matthew Rosenberg & Otto Schmidt

Length: 12 issues

This sequel to the original DC vs. Vampires takes place at a time when humanity is beginning to restore sunlight to a vampire-ravaged world. Unfortunately for these survivors, an undead Barbara Gordon emerges as the latest and greatest threat to humanity’s survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wonder what that is on his face?

The voice cast is stellar and the creative team has good stuff to their name. Hope they go all out on the silliness and traps.

wonder what other Batfam are going to feature in the upcoming all ages batman series to follow. Alfred and Bruce are confirmed so far.

I like how Damian's ethnicity was presented in B&R.
    Facing racism and bullying because even though he's 'white', the other students could sense his 'otherness' from his accent and probably some other distinct ethnic about his features.

Racism isn't all about skin colour and not all minorities are visibly ethnic.
    Groups who aren't part of the default group are 'othered' in many overt and covert ways. Including inquiring where an accent is or asking non-whites.

I hope we get more of this sort of stories. It's more realistic to the type of casual racism that mixed and white passing individual like Damian would face.

Unlike the subconscious racism of changing the skin tone of a character that has no reason to be brown brown because of course Chinese and Arabian peninsula are known for there brown skin.

Also the classism. Damian is now the son of a scrub because Bruce Wayne is now just a Millionaire. Poor thing.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-12-2023 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    DC vs. Vampires: World War V

Creative Team: Matthew Rosenberg & Otto Schmidt

Length: 12 issues

This sequel to the original DC vs. Vampires takes place at a time when humanity is beginning to restore sunlight to a vampire-ravaged world. Unfortunately for these survivors, an undead Barbara Gordon emerges as the latest and greatest threat to humanity’s survival.
    Nice Ride. That's a strange team line up.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Facing racism and bullying because even though he's 'white', the other students could sense his 'otherness' from his accent and probably some other distinct ethnic about his features.

Groups who aren't part of the default group are 'othered' in many overt and covert ways. Including inquiring where an accent is or asking non-whites.

I hope we get more of this sort of stories. It's more realistic to the type of casual racism that mixed and white passing individual like Damian would face.

Unlike the subconscious racism of changing the skin tone of a character that has no reason to be brown brown because of course Chinese and Arabian peninsula are known for there brown skin.

Also the classism. Damian is now the son of a scrub because Bruce Wayne is now just a Millionaire. Poor thing.
    Yeah a lot of modern takes are actually just about skin color, but... that's... not everything.

Best thing ever

Nightwing #110

From the Nightwing Appreciation thread.

I like this idea, I think it's the first time racism against Damian shows up, but there is something bothering me in B&R and I couldn't know what it is, until this page:
    Everything in B&R begin and end very fast, so when something starts to get good BAM characters are already in another place, having another discussion, we can't see the same actions/places/dialogues for more than 2 pages, and I think it's very bad for the story, because characters looks too unprepared, or weak or impulsive, so, there is a strong villain, but he is dubbed in 2 pages, there is a nice/important conversation with Bruce, Damian, or a villain, but this has just 1 page, so I can't feel satisfied, then the comics end and I need to wait 1 more month.

When Damian goes to school, and there is all the whisper in each panel, we can feel a tension, we can feel the time passing, but when the other student is bullying Damian and him decides to drop the class, this is very fast, again, this breaks the feeling of "ohhh I want to see what will happens next"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I like this idea, I think it's the first time racism against Damian shows up, but there is something bothering me in B&R and I couldn't know what it is, until this page:
    Everything in B&R begin and end very fast, so when something starts to get good BAM characters are already in another place, having another discussion, we can't see the same actions/places/dialogues for more than 2 pages, and I think it's very bad for the story, because characters looks too unprepared, or weak or impulsive, so, there is a strong villain, but he is dubbed in 2 pages, there is a nice/important conversation with Bruce, Damian, or a villain, but this has just 1 page, so I can't feel satisfied, then the comics end and I need to wait 1 more month.

When Damian goes to school, and there is all the whisper in each panel, we can feel a tension, we can feel the time passing, but when the other student is bullying Damian and him decides to drop the class, this is very fast, again, this breaks the feeling of "ohhh I want to see what will happens next"
    I mean the only thing that could happen with the bully is a confrontation which I don't think I want. A beat down is sweet but it wouldn't can the mindset. I'm just glad they didn't become pals.

I mean the only thing that could happen with the bully is a confrontation which I don't think I want. A beat down is sweet but it wouldn't can the mindset. I'm just glad they didn't become pals.
    I think even if there is or there is not a confrontation, it's too fast, bullying feels longer, even being for 1 minute, I think it would be better if Damian reacts and go to principal's officer, or if he doesn't react and we see the bad feeling until lunch time, and he decides to go away, same with the fights or when Bruce and Damian tries to interact .

Maybe I feel like this for reading many manga , Brasilian comics and fanfics, where a whole chaptar is about 1 or 2 subjects, while in Super Hero comics it's about many characters, many subjects and many places.

Buuuttt I also like how Damian could not deal with even 1 class in normal school, I just think, if everything is too fast, it's also has less impacts.

Best thing ever

Nightwing #110

From the Nightwing Appreciation thread.
    Fans on Social media are going to love the heck out of this. Brilliant.

Is Damian guesting in the issue or is this just a variant? Also Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think even if there is or there is not a confrontation, it's too fast, bullying feels longer, even being for 1 minute, I think it would be better if Damian reacts and go to principal's officer, or if he doesn't react and we see the bad feeling until lunch time, and he decides to go away, same with the fights or when Bruce and Damian tries to interact .
    How should he have reacted? Told the guy that he's a bigot? explain his existence to them even though they were being douches and speculating amongst themselves?

They weren't worth wasting his time on. He doesn't owe them an explanation and going to the principal doesn't sound like a Damian move.

I'm enjoying the title. Have no issues with Bruce and Damian's interaction so far. Nothing's rubbed me the wrong way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    How should he have reacted? Told the guy that he's a bigot? explain his existence to them even though they were being douches and speculating amongst themselves?

They weren't worth wasting his time on. He doesn't owe them an explanation and going to the principal doesn't sound like a Damian move.

I'm enjoying the title. Have no issues with Bruce and Damian's interaction so far. Nothing's rubbed me the wrong way yet.
    I think Damian could have done some of these things, or even saying nothing, but keeping in school, about going to the Principal I was talking after a fight.
    I enjoy the title too, I have been wanted Damian in Gotham again, trying to get along with Bruce and drawing, I am just saying I don't like how fast each act begin and ends, I would like it to me more deep.
    I think I said "we" too much in my previous comment, it's actually about me and supposed other persons would feel the same, but not everybody, if you like the title and how it's done, it's good.
    Many people enjoy fast/dynamic narratives, it has an appealing ✨️✨️✨️