Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    It seems the batline will get a relaunch, so hopefully there's something good for Damian there!
    Do you have the link plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    *sigh*
    Well, no surprise that Taylor brings in Injustice.
    Indeed. Taylor likes to bring in Damian for quick cameo's in these Jon titles. I don't mind so long as Damian gets some good characterisation this time. At this point their friendship under Taylor has been hollow. In the main universe that is.

I don't mind Jon meeting Injustice 2 Damian not the version that Taylor wrote when he wasn't a fan yet. Willingly to bet it's the latter just due to the added drama.

A slightly younger Damian is to show up in the Flash. Apparently Kid Flash is babysitting, and shenanigans happen and Surge and Thunderheart end up with the Super Sons! When Jon was still a kid!
    https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...28705151082497
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A slightly younger Damian is to show up in the Flash. Apparently Kid Flash is babysitting, and shenanigans happen and Surge and Thunderheart end up with the Super Sons! When Jon was still a kid!
    Kid Flash, as in Wallace? Kinda weird that he's babysitting for Damian considering they were on a team, Supersons started when Damian was at most, 13, or 12. I wonder if young Damian mentions to the Flash kids that he stopped Wally's heart, anyone remember that? Yeah.

But all know that the main conflict will be Damian vs Irey. Except this time, Damian and Irey's age range is slightly smaller.

Their last interaction in that one flash issue cemented their interactions.

This just made me realize that it's been a while since Jon and Damian interacted, while I wouldn't say Dark Crisis was that long, but still.

What a surprise. Loved how he wrote the boys in the movie. This ought to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Kid Flash, as in Wallace? Kinda weird that he's babysitting for Damian considering they were on a team, Supersons started when Damian was at most, 13, or 12. I wonder if young Damian mentions to the Flash kids that he stopped Wally's heart, anyone remember that? Yeah.

But all know that the main conflict will be Damian vs Irey. Except this time, Damian and Irey's age range is slightly smaller.

Their last interaction in that one flash issue cemented their interactions.

This just made me realize that it's been a while since Jon and Damian interacted, while I wouldn't say Dark Crisis was that long, but still.
    No Damian will not be telling the kids that he stopped their father's heart. Why would he?

I didn't like that Damian/Irey interaction. Hopefully she decides to ignore Damian most of the issue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    No Damian will not be telling the kids that he stopped their father's heart. Why would he?

I didn't like that Damian/Irey interaction. Hopefully she decides to ignore Damian most of the issue.
    I'll be honest, Damian telling Irey and Jai that he stopped their father's heart, is mostly for bragging rights. Think that a younger Damian, although 13 years old in Supersons time period would be debatable, would just use that a reference point that Speedesters aren't all that invincible. Except, Wallace brings up the fact that Damian stopped Wally's heart when no was expecting it, so he'd get his snapped back. Probably just for fun, and it's something that can be brought for funny.

Damian/Irey interaction? I'm gunna also honest, the banter and snap of Irey to Damian was pretty much expected. And besides, with the Supersons in town, there has to be someone to start the drama, and someone to keep Damian down. Their interactions during dark crisis pretty much makes it clear their future interactions, despite my own objections that current Damian wouldn't do that, it'll be a snap back and forth because of the excuse that it's past Damian.

I just hope Jai and Jon will be best friends. I could see the character play of Jai and Jon trying keep Damian and Irey from fighting like idiots. At this point, I kinda expect Damian and Irey to banter, but hopefully not too much.

I mean it's a one-off story, having kid Damian and kid Irey acting like a bunch of annoying kids will be fun. It's not like current Damian is affected. That's my thoughts on it

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    I'll be honest, Damian telling Irey and Jai that he stopped their father's heart, is mostly for bragging rights. Think that a younger Damian, although 13 years old in Supersons time period would be debatable, would just use that a reference point that Speedesters aren't all that invincible. Except, Wallace brings up the fact that Damian stopped Wally's heart when no was expecting it, so he'd get his snapped back. Probably just for fun, and it's something that can be brought for funny.

Damian/Irey interaction? I'm gunna also honest, the banter and snap of Irey to Damian was pretty much expected. And besides, with the Supersons in town, there has to be someone to start the drama, and someone to keep Damian down. Their interactions during dark crisis pretty much makes it clear their future interactions, despite my own objections that current Damian wouldn't do that, it'll be a snap back and forth because of the excuse that it's past Damian.

I just hope Jai and Jon will be best friends. I could see the character play of Jai and Jon trying keep Damian and Irey from fighting like idiots. At this point, I kinda expect Damian and Irey to banter, but hopefully not too much.

I mean it's a one-off story, having kid Damian and kid Irey acting like a bunch of annoying kids will be fun. It's not like current Damian is affected. That's my thoughts on it
    Current Damian will be affected. Injustice is an elseworld and yet look how much damage the 1st series did to Damian. He still gets major hate because of that. His characterisation in this will affect how readers view the character.

Damian isn't 10. He's more mature and he has been around 'normal' folks enough to know what's acceptable. He has had enough clashes with people and he learned that he needs to work on how he interacts with people. He admitted as much in TT and Bruce sent him back to school just so he can work on his interpersonal skills and how to interact with kids his age.

He has no reason to brag to the twins because he knows he is far more accomplished. He still has insecurities but they shouldn't be an issue when interacting with the twins.

Most important of all, Damian watched Alfred Die and his father literally was just dead [i know this is set when he's younger but still]. he should not be making a joke like that. He most definitely shouldn't be making a joke like that in Wally's title that Wally fans who hated that moment read.

Damian is divisive but there's been divisive and there's courting hate.

The drama could start with a villain or crime shenanigans it doesn't have to start with Damian clashing with yet another character. that is over done. Damian needs more stories where he gets on with people. He doesn't have to be disagreeable all the time.

It's a Flash book for flash fans. No way will Irey be annoying in this. If there's a clash I guarantee you Damian will be the only annoying one and he'll be put in his place to make the Flash character look good.

I just want a pleasant feel good fun story where these kids ideally get to know each other without Damian pissing of Flash fans.

Astonishing Member

Well, Irey and Jai interacting with Super Sons is something I've always thought we were robbed of.

Supersons in The Flash #797

Wallace is babysitting the twins not the supersons.

That's cool. He did a good job with Damian and the boys dynamic in the Super sons movie so I have high hopes.

Should be a fun one-shot at least.

Amazing Member

Irey being the kryptonite of Damian is good for the character and made sense.
    Wally is "known" for shittalk and "own" Bruce, so like father like son.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Irey being the kryptonite of Damian is good for the character and made sense.
    Wally is "known" for shittalk and "own" Bruce, so like father like son.
    Majority of people that Damian interacts with/is friendly with are his Kryptonite. They all own him and **** talk him. Every single one. The only exceptions are Dick Grayson and Billy Batson.

It's become very boring.
    15 years of the character having the same dynamic with 99% of everyone he meets Jesus.

I'd like Damian to met more characters with similar wit to him. Connor Hawke and Damian under Williamson had the kind of Dynamic that I'm talking about.

Astonishing Member

Damian is a huge part of One Bad Day story about Ra's, in case someone is interested.