Page 34 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Majority of people that Damian interacts with/is friendly with are his Kryptonite. They all own him and **** talk him. Every single one. The only exceptions are Dick Grayson and Billy Batson.

It's become very boring.
    15 years of the character having the same dynamic with 99% of everyone he meets Jesus.

I'd like Damian to met more characters with similar wit to him. Connor Hawke and Damian under Williamson had the kind of Dynamic that I'm talking about.
    When it’s adults like powergirl or Dr light they look pathetic tho
    How you gonna let a 14 year old get under your skin for attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Damian is a huge part of One Bad Day story about Ra's, in case someone is interested.
    I am ^^ does Damian show up in a lot of pages or is hi a huge "metion and reason for something but almost doesn't show up"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When it’s adults like powergirl or Dr light they look pathetic tho
    How you gonna let a 14 year old get under your skin for attitude
    Yeah, I saw a comment once saying Bruce putting Damian in his place. Taking him down a peg. This comment left me baffled. A grown can't take a kid down a peg. A grown up can't take a child down a peg. Batman is way beyond Robin.

The adult beefing with/ throwing hands with a kid is taking themselves down pegs by letting a kid rattle them. The adult is the one getting owned.

If you want a kid put in their place then you need another kid to be one doing it.

That's why the interaction with Irey hit. She's younger and she was spitting facts. There's truth to what she said to Damian.

That was a good example of putting Damian in his place.

Majority of people that Damian interacts with/is friendly with are his Kryptonite. They all own him and **** talk him. Every single one. The only exceptions are Dick Grayson and Billy Batson.

It's become very boring.
    15 years of the character having the same dynamic with 99% of everyone he meets Jesus.

I'd like Damian to met more characters with similar wit to him. Connor Hawke and Damian under Williamson had the kind of Dynamic that I'm talking about.
    You forgot big sis Steph.

Glad they decided to release a print version

One Bad Day was great for Ra's but I'm getting tired of Tom Taylor using Damian as his mouth piece. Not sure why he does this more so with Damian than other characters he 'likes' or uses a lot.

Great Ra's story and interesting additions to his origin/childhood that I liked. Damian was enjoyable and his role [mouth piece aside] was good.
    A positive story featuring Damian which exactly what his fans need right now.

Glad they decided to release a print version

This getting ridiculous and frankly ignorant.

Why is Damian so dark? He is mixed racially but he is a mix of 2 Caucasian nationalities/races and Chinese. He shouldn't be that dark.
    Why does POC or ethnic minority = Black or Brown.
    Is it because he is part Middle Eastern? People from the Middle East are white.

I know that the idea is to represent his heritage but it becomes a problem when artists just pander to popular fanon rather than thinking.

Representation matters. Chinese people aren't brown. Middle Eastern People aren't Brown. Bruce and Talia's son wouldn't be Brown. This is misrepresentation.

Clay Mann is drawing Damian for something.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Why is Damian so dark? He is mixed racially but he is a mix of 2 Caucasian nationalities/races and Chinese. He shouldn't be that dark.

I know that the idea is to represent his heritage but it becomes a problem when artists just pander to popular fanon rather than thinking.

Representation matters. Chinese people aren't brown. Middle Eastern People aren't Brown. Bruce and Talia's son wouldn't be Brown. This is misrepresentation.
    A while ago I read Marvels Snapshots series from Marvel, it was basically about different creative teams doing single story about some hero and maybe some civilians. Anyway, one of the stories by Russel (don't remember who the artist was) was about black kid and Captain America a bit. So black kid joins A.I.M (basically some terrorists) that wear yellow hazmat suits. And well Russel figures out a weird excuse for why his black kid never wears the helmet so that, you know, in every panel that he appears you'd see that he is black.

And well, I guess that the idea here is that if Damian wasn't darker than the average person from Middle East then nobody would understand that he is actually not 100% white. Because readers are morons, I guess.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Is he like that in every panel or is it just bad color grading on the cover?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Is he like that in every panel or is it just bad color grading on the cover?
    He's like that in every panel.