Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Last year a lot of Tim-centric blogs were unhappy that Damian was in Connor's Pride story.The same ones that have been vocal about Connor showing up in Robin2021.They took issue with Damian's title using a friend of Tim's.

This story feels like an attempt at giving those fans what they want. The only problem is that those fans were wrong. Conner and Tim were never friends.They had a few crossovers [lol Damian at this point probably has spent more time on panel than Tim]

The story makes Tim look petty especially since Damian clearly has zero negative feelings regarding Connor friendship with Tim.

Even if we interpret it as Tim taking issue with Connor coming out to Damian first. It's still very entitled and lacking in self awareness because what does it have to do with Tim?

I am glad that Damian continues to be an ally.
    I haven't read the story but it sounds like it takes place closer to Williamson's Robin series so I'm not sure why they're giving the writer grief.

I don't think Tim spent as much time with Green Arrow's sidekicks as much as Damian did.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I haven't read the story but it sounds like it takes place closer to Williamson's Robin series so I'm not sure why they're giving the writer grief.

I don't think Tim spent as much time with Green Arrow's sidekicks as much as Damian did.
    You're correct. the story was set during the 2021 Robin timeline. Connor's Pride 2021 story is even followed up on in the June 2021 issue of Williamson's Robin.

It made sense but you know there's a lot of Robin fans on social media who don't actually read the source material. They don't know fanon from canon and yet they are very vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He already is, in an alternate universe. He became Batman in DCeased, with Steph as his Robin.
    I think poster meant in main canon not elseworld. In DCeased Tim wasn't forever 16/17.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    It turns out listening to tumblr/twitter side of fans is a mistake as they don't read much comics and base most off headcanons...oh no....who knew.....

And yes Tim comes across as self-centered throughout the whole thing
    Listening to fans is never a mistake. Just don't follow blindly and keep an eye on objective data.

Fantastic Member

I hope DC doesn't let the Conor/Damian friendship slip away like they did Damian/Colin. I hope we get more Connor/Damian, Talia/Damian, Arrow Family/Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I hope DC doesn't let the Conor/Damian friendship slip away like they did Damian/Colin. I hope we get more Connor/Damian, Talia/Damian, Arrow Family/Damian.
    My hope is with that Williamson writing his next ongoing those relationships will be maintained and we might even see some old friends. On the other hand, since the comic isn't going to be a solo who knows.

Superman: Son Of Kal-El #6 by Tom Taylor and John Timms originally featured Tim Drake not Damian. The monthly solicitations and press blurbs for the issue stated that the comic would feature two recently-revealed bisexual young male superheroes of the DC Universe. Which might make for added interest in the comic book

According to Taylor
    "Definitely an accident. The writing didn't change… John Timms was working crazy hard on this book and just went off the wrong model. Robin only appears in a few pages. Picked up by our new editor. These things happen. John was able to redraw before we started on colors. He's a champion."

Not sure I believe that was why the previews had Tim or why the solicitations and marketing/press releases for the issue played up the fact that DC's 2 new LGBTQ+ male heroes were going to be teaming up.

If it is true, then that's more evidence that DC creatives really need to read more current comics or at least be required to have a basic knowledge of the lore of whichever character they are working on.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-...ch-out-robins/

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son Of Kal-El #6 by Tom Taylor and John Timms originally featured Tim Drake not Damian. The monthly solicitations and press blurbs for the issue stated that the comic would feature two recently-revealed bisexual young male superheroes of the DC Universe. Which might make for added interest in the comic book

According to Taylor
    "Definitely an accident. The writing didn't change… John Timms was working crazy hard on this book and just went off the wrong model. Robin only appears in a few pages. Picked up by our new editor. These things happen. John was able to redraw before we started on colors. He's a champion."

Not sure I believe that was why the previews had Tim or why the solicitations and marketing/press releases for the issue played up the fact that DC's 2 new LGBTQ+ male heroes were going to be teaming up.

If it is true, then that's more evidence that DC creatives really need to read more current comics or at least be required to have a basic knowledge of the lore of whichever character they are working on.

This has happened before, it’s apart of my disdain for them sharing the mantle

Extraordinary Member

Fashion Icon Damian is back

Public school

IMG_5937.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This has happened before, it’s apart of my disdain for them sharing the mantle
    My take on it as well. Ship Tim off to university for a while, then plan a new mask identity for him, rather than handing him off to a tumblr fanfiction writer that caters to a group that doesn't even buy comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    My take on it as well. Ship Tim off to university for a while, then plan a new mask identity for him, rather than handing him off to a tumblr fanfiction writer that caters to a group that doesn't even buy comics.
    A couple years back I would have said yes, they weren’t doing anything with him anyway
    But now that’s impossible

Damian and Virgil would make a bomb team up
    DC5FE5BE-87C6-469E-B00B-A7CADB0A9B06.jpg

Art Niklas Draper-Ivey

Astonishing Member

I just see a commentaries in twitter saying dark-skinned Damian is the "right color".

I really dislike these kind of commentaries. I've understand why some people would prefer dak-skinned Damian, but people tend to forget that he is mixed race (and there are good possibilities of his skin being as pale as Bruce).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I just see a commentaries in twitter saying dark-skinned Damian is the "right color".

I really dislike these kind of commentaries. I've understand why some people would prefer dak-skinned Damian, but people tend to forget that he is mixed race (and there are good possibilities of his skin being as pale as Bruce).
    I like Damian slightly darker but that's due to my personal preference not because it's logical or right.

To say that Damian should be Dark skinned because it's right displaysthecommentersignorance and Racist mindset.

They people who say that forget that he is mixed. They only see him as a person from the desert who they view as an other. They insintively put him in the brown camp.

Most people from the Middle East are Caucasian.
    Damian is as much middle Eastern as neisAsian so why is it right for him to be dark skinned? Why isn't it right for him to look Chinese?
    Finally, Damian's DNA is primarily European. Does that not matter? Diversity is important but so is being respectful of all races.
    As an Irish man married to a Nigerian My genes are just as important as my wifes. My kids are a combination of both. They aren't White or Irish. It would be disrespectful for me to say they are since that disregards their African heritage.

The person who made that statement on twitter is being disrespectful and revealing their racist mind set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Fashion Icon Damian is back

Public school

IMG_5937.jpg
    Is that Chainsaw Man? At least it's not JJK. This doesn't look or feel like Damian. Damian isn't cool or on trend. I don't think of the 3 dark shounen manga's that Chainsaw man should have been the manga used in this drawing. Hell's Paradise was right there.
    It's not as cool or trendy as Chainsaw or JJK,it's more than meets the eye, it's Pride month and Damian is an ally.

I would have gone for Hell's Paradise as Damian's Modern Manga of choice. It's a better representation of Damian.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-11-2023 at 06:49 AM.

According to Taylor

I don't believe Tom when he says that it was a mistake. I think that Tom did plan on having the two Bi-guys team up. He forced Jon andDick together. I believe he planned on doing the same here.