Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The only magic the al'Ghuls really "do", is the Lazarus Pits. Which have their own issues.
    Yes the Lazarus Pits is the magical MO usually associated with the Al Ghuls lore but that doesn't mean that they are limited to to just the Pits.

If the Al Ghuls have access to cloning technology, Dakeseid's tech and gene modification then they certainly have access to more than 'Pit' magic.

Ra's is a man with incredible resources. He has access to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    People keep using Jason as an example for why a batfamily member with magic would work but then don't mention how basically every writer ignores that aspect Jason.
    As someone who hasn't read Jason's ongoings I have no idea what his powers are. Only reason that I'm aware that he even has some vague powers is this forum since it gets mentioned every few weeks in some thread that I'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Similarly, some readers keep expecting him to suddenly change his personality. Becoming this friendlier, nicer humble hero.
    Main reason why I don't like "Batfamily" idea. It implies that there is a family where everyone gets along because everyone is a good guy and nice to each other. So if you are into this idea then naturally you'll have problems with Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Was there a reason why Talia neglected to have him learn magic? Maybe she didn't feel it was necessary or too dangerous.
    Because historically they had nothing to do with magic asides of Lazarus pits. And even these pits at times were presented more like a result of alchemy/chemistry than magic. I always got the impression that Dennis O'Neil didn't want much, if any at all, magic in Batman universe and likely would have blocked all the recent storylines involving Ra's family and Lazarus pits.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    As someone who hasn't read Jason's ongoings I have no idea what his powers are. Only reason that I'm aware that he even has some vague powers is this forum since it gets mentioned every few weeks in some thread that I'm reading.

Main reason why I don't like "Batfamily" idea. It implies that there is a family where everyone gets along because everyone is a good guy and nice to each other. So if you are into this idea then naturally you'll have problems with Damian.
    Fandom has this idealised head canon that colours how they view the batfamily.

I don't know where it comes from. They are heroes but they're all quite abusive to each other both physically and emotionally.
    [Dick Grayson seems to get it the worst. he's always getting hit by the rest]

They don't always get along with fall outs dating back to when it was just Bruce and Dick.

I'm not sure where the romanticised image of the batfamily comes from but it's not canon compliant. The Batfamily is just like a regular family. Some don't get on. They have issues, they clash but they still come together and have each others backs when they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I dont feel his absence since he is appearing every week in Lazarus book
    That's fair. For me, Damian so far in Lazarus Planet event has been forgetful. Hopefully as the story unfolds he'll make more of an impression.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

For those missing Damian in the solicits Teen titans: Robin by Kami Garcia is out 3rd of March. it's already doing exceptionally well o the Amazon charts. Has been since last year on pre orders alone.

Currently
    #5 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics
    #7 in Young Adult Coming of Age Comics & Graphic Novels
    #14 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels

I haven't read the previous 3 titles from the Garcia TT series so can't comment on how good they are from a comic readers perspective but I have read other titles from the YA range which haven't performed as well as Garcia's TT series and I found the majority to be very good. [the ones I haven't like are Gotham high, Super sons, lois lane one]

Astonishing Member

So, if you were worried about Damian future, after recent announcement from Gunn, I guess you can relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, if you were worried about Damian future, after recent announcement from Gunn, I guess you can relax.
    That makes me wonder what does this mean for Dick. Maybe he is in this world but like 18?

Astonishing Member

I think he'll be there.
    The Brave and the Bold: “This is the introduction of the DCU Batman,” said Gunn. “Of Bruce Wayne and also introduces our favorite Robin, Damian Wayne, who is a little son of a bitch.” The movie will take inspiration from the now-classic Batman run written by Grant Morrison that introduced Batman to a son he never knew existed: a murderous tween raised by assassins. “It’s a very strange father-and-son story.”

And, importantly, it will feature a Batman not played by Robert Pattinson…

Congrats Damian, on your live action debut.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Gunn says, that Damian is his favorite Robin.

Extraordinary Member

Yes Damian your time has come !!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That makes me wonder what does this mean for Dick. Maybe he is in this world but like 18?
    It means we can let reeve do dicks Batman, and just jump into Nightwing. Dick and Damian are linked it will be fine

Yeah, Dick will just be Nightwing already. It's Tim, Cass and Steph that I'm concerned about. If they decide to only have one Robin and one Batgirl (Barbara) then those three could be considered superfluous.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

They can have Dick, Jason, Barbara as Oracle and Cass.
    Not sure about Tim and Steph.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Dick will just be Nightwing already. It's Tim, Cass and Steph that I'm concerned about. If they decide to only have one Robin and one Batgirl (Barbara) then those three could be considered superfluous.
    Cass will get there eventually, I can see lady shiva incorporated at some point, Damian means league of assassins he opens sooo many doors.
    Tim skip just like the last animated universe, and no Tim then no Steph

Nightwing, Redhood Babs Batwoman Damian Cass