Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    There are too many Robins which is why we rarely see them all adapted.

That why the Animated Universe cut out Tim and Jason and Why The BTAS/DCaU cut out Jason. Why the Beyond verse cut out Jason etc.

Damian doesn't have to come after Tim. He doesn't require Tim or Jason to be introduced. All he needs is Talia and Dick the originator of the Robin mantle.
    I don't see James Gunn cutting out any Robin in favor of Damian. He did like a tweet about Jason showing up and that's more confirmation than Batman and Robin's books being in an image and then him confirming that actually isn't a hint.

I think what's more likely is we skip to Tim as Robin and build up to Damian or just go fully New 52 with it. But I think skipping to Tim's Robin would be more effective.

There are too many Robins which is why we rarely see them all adapted.

That why the Animated Universe cut out Tim and Jason and Why The BTAS/DCaU cut out Jason. Why the Beyond verse cut out Jason etc.

Damian doesn't have to come after Tim. He doesn't require Tim or Jason to be introduced. All he needs is Talia and Dick the originator of the Robin mantle.
    Did they though?
    https://www.cbr.com/dcau-tim-drake-s...al-jason-todd/

This is true (and it's exactly how it worked in the animated movie universe) but....I'm not gonna lie, as much as I love Damian and wanna get to him as fast as possible, I'd be really disappointed if Jason, Steph, and Tim got skipped over again.

I know it'd probably never happen unless the live action movies finally got their **** together and remained stable for as long as the MCU did, but nothing would make me happier than to see a series of Batfilms that gave us the entire core Batfam.

Astonishing Member

If Gunn introduces Robins, then they will not go one by one from the beginning, most likely everything will start at least with the fact that Dick is already Nightwing, and Jason is dead, and on his way to become Red Hood. Whether Gunn skips Tim is another question.
    But Batman in DCU obviously will be already established and experienced, and probably some Bat-Family members will be alongside him already. We already have young, unexperienced Batman at the beginning of his path, so, there's no point of making another one like this.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-02-2023 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I don't see James Gunn cutting out any Robin in favor of Damian. He did like a tweet about Jason showing up and that's more confirmation than Batman and Robin's books being in an image and then him confirming that actually isn't a hint.

I think what's more likely is we skip to Tim as Robin and build up to Damian or just go fully New 52 with it. But I think skipping to Tim's Robin would be more effective.

Those two aren't Robin. That's Nightwing and Red hood. Two characters that very different from Robin.

If you are saying that we'll get to see Batman movies that give us Dick and Jason's tenure as Robin. See them graduate and another Robin introduced. I like your optimism.

I don't believe it'd happen. That's far too many movies that should be focusing on Batman used up for Batfamily.

James Gunn teases a lot of such. He teased Kingdom Come. Does that mean we're about to see Ibn and Nightstar?

Truth is we don't know what Gunn is going to do. Snyder was going to use Carrie, Gunn might go for Duke, Damian, Tim or Steph.

No character is off the cards. However because this is a Damian thread, hence why we are centring on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If Gunn introduces Robins, then they will not go one by one from the beginning, most likely everything will start at least with the fact that Dick is already Nightwing, and Jason is dead, and on his way to become Red Hood. Whether Gunn skips Tim is another question.
    But Batman in DCU obviously will be already established and experienced, and probably some Bat-Family members will be alongside him already. We already have young, unexperienced Batman at the beginning of his path, so, there's no point of making another one like this.
    Agreed. Like with batgirl, I can see a Nightwing or/and a Red Hood movie.

Those two aren't Robin. That's Nightwing and Red hood. Two characters that very different from Robin.

If you are saying that we'll get to see Batman movies that give us Dick and Jason's tenure as Robin. See them graduate and another Robin introduced. I like your optimism.

I don't believe it'd happen. That's far too many movies that should be focusing on Batman used up for Batfamily.

James Gunn teases a lot of such. He teased Kingdom Come. Does that mean we're about to see Ibn and Nightstar?

Truth is we don't know what Gunn is going to do. Snyder was going to use Carrie, Gunn might go for Duke, Damian, Tim or Steph.

No character is off the cards. However because this is a Damian thread, hence why we are centring on him.
    No, I'm saying the opposite. I quite literally state what I think in my post. Some might say the reverse. I think Gunn will skip to Nightwing, Red Hood, and Tim as Robin so he can still give the audience a story of Damian becoming Robin because the mantle passing should be shown at least once onscreen.

And I don't think he teased Kingdom Come. He just used an image from it, pretty sure he debunked it was a tease.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 01-02-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    This is true (and it's exactly how it worked in the animated movie universe) but....I'm not gonna lie, as much as I love Damian and wanna get to him as fast as possible, I'd be really disappointed if Jason, Steph, and Tim got skipped over again.

I know it'd probably never happen unless the live action movies finally got their **** together and remained stable for as long as the MCU did, but nothing would make me happier than to see a series of Batfilms that gave us the entire core Batfam.
    I think it's better to make peace with the fact that we won't get all the Robins That's time consuming and makes Batman look very bad.

What kind of good man replaces a dead kid with another dead kid in his war? What type of detective can't figure out that adults and meta's make better sidekicks than untrained kids?

Even if the DCU remain as stable as the MCU, there are other characters in the DCU that movies can be made about opposed to introducing more and more bat sidekicks.

It sucks [especially for Steph and Jason the ones who have been screwed over the most by the tradition of skipping over Robins]

At least Dick, Damian and Tim have had their time to shine in ongoing verses.

Dick has too many to list
    Damian has the DCAMU
    Tim has BTAS, YJ, Titans
    Jason has titans
    Duke has BatWheels
    Steph has none
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-02-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Taylor did say that. I believe he was referring to Damian being on Lazarus Island.
    I will point out that Damian being on Lazarus Island didn't stop him from turning up in Jon kent's book.

I believe the ban on Damian appearing in Nightwing and other bat books was to give those pages and appearances to Tim.

The current premise is that Tim is only Robin when Damian isn't in town [Tim's words] so Damian isn't allowed to be around while Tim is Robin unless he's dressed as a mind controlled mini Batman.

I'm not expecting any of to change so long as a certain Industry Plant refuses to grow up and move the heck on. It look bad but it looked bad last year as well but it ended up being content filled.

I expect that will show up and will have a regular home.
    How did it look bad last year? Damian's book ran until August and we knew Batman vs Robin would be starting September and take up the rest of the year.
    Most weren't excited for Batman vs Robin, but we knew where Damian would appear.
    And as you've pointed out, they probably don't want Damian around Gotham and the batfam as long as Tim is basically the main Robin.
    So...what will they do with him once Batman vs Robin is over? He can't return to Gotham. He can't have a solo as Robin doing his own thing somewhere else either.
    Tim's book will end in August at the earliest to finish the second arc and to get to the typical 12 issues. And its not certain that they will end it there.
    Zdarsky also has Tim looking for Bruce in the backups of Batman and I suspect Bruce won't get back to his earth till summer when the annual batman summer event starts (teased in one of the images I posted. Knight T...probably something like Knight Terrors). So they probably won't continue his story there.
    As much as some people here like the idea of Damian as a magic user, neither Damian nor Justice League Dark are included in any of DC's announcements. It's not even confirmed that Damian will leave this story with any magical powers.

Damian is on one of the covers probably intended for DC's Free Comic Book Day book in May. But so are many other characters to be honest.

Maybe he will have a story there that will set up a book involving him in the second half of 2023. But after doing a bit more research I fear he won't get much content in main continuity after February until the second half of 2023.
    March already had nothing for him. April might turn out to be the same. We'll see.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-02-2023 at 02:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think at least in movies would be pretty hard to bring in all the Robins, unless they start at a point of the time line where some of them have already transitioned out of the role.
    I mean realistically you can't really expect a series of more than 3 Batman movies.

To do all the Robins you would likely need a TV series, with lots of seasons.

Dick has too many to list
    Damian has the DCAMU
    Tim has BTAS, YJ, Titans
    Jason has titans
    Duke has BatWheels
    Steph has none
    BTAS Tim is imo Jason with Tim's name, and YJ Tim is basically just a background character.
    Btw. Jason, Steph and Damian are also in YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm not sure it's so "obvious". Superman will be in the year two of his career in the DCU. Batman could easily be in the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I'm not sure it's so "obvious". Superman will be in the year two of his career in the DCU. Batman could easily be in the same position.
    Not confirmed that it's Year Two, methinks. Just early. Anyways New 52 was early years and Batman went all the way up to Damian's Robin so it can be done.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Happy New Year to Damian and his fans.

Can't wait to see where he shows up. Hope his solo comes back.

Started the New Year by ordering a copy of Batman and Robin omnibus by Tomasi now need DC to re-issue the Super Sons Omni and the set's complete.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    How did it look bad last year? Damian's book ran until August and we knew Batman vs Robin would be starting September and take up the rest of the year.
    Most weren't excited for Batman vs Robin, but we knew where Damian would appear.
    And as you've pointed out, they probably don't want Damian around Gotham and the batfam as long as Tim is basically the main Robin.
    So...what will they do with him once Batman vs Robin is over? He can't return to Gotham. He can't have a solo as Robin doing his own thing somewhere else either.
    Tim's book will end in August at the earliest to finish the second arc and to get to the typical 12 issues. And its not certain that they will end it there.
    Zdarsky also has Tim looking for Bruce in the backups of Batman and I suspect Bruce won't get back to his earth till summer when the annual batman summer event starts (teased in one of the images I posted. Knight T...probably something like Knight Terrors). So they probably won't continue his story there.
    As much as some people here like the idea of Damian as a magic user, neither Damian nor Justice League Dark are included in any of DC's announcements. It's not even confirmed that Damian will leave this story with any magical powers.

Damian is on one of the covers probably intended for DC's Free Comic Book Day book in May. But so are many other characters to be honest.

Maybe he will have a story there that will set up a book involving him in the second half of 2023. But after doing a bit more research I fear he won't get much content in main continuity after February until the second half of 2023.
    March already had nothing for him. April might turn out to be the same. We'll see.
    As much as I've enjoyed Damian interacting with DC's magic users he's not a good fit for JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    As much as I've enjoyed Damian interacting with DC's magic users he's not a good fit for JLD.
    Plus the dc universe would never recover from the combination of Damian Wayne and John Constantine
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.