Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Plus the dc universe would never recover from the combination of Damian Wayne and John Constantine
    Who'd have guessed that combination would work so well

All their interactions so far have been brilliant but I feel that in a team together it might lose what has so far made it enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    As much as I've enjoyed Damian interacting with DC's magic users he's not a good fit for JLD.
    In my personal opinion Damian simply doesn't work well in team books. Solos and duos, yes, maybe a very small team, but I can't remember any writer making me enjoy reading Damian as part of a bigger team.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-04-2023 at 01:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I don't see James Gunn cutting out any Robin in favor of Damian. He did like a tweet about Jason showing up and that's more confirmation than Batman and Robin's books being in an image and then him confirming that actually isn't a hint.

I think what's more likely is we skip to Tim as Robin and build up to Damian or just go fully New 52 with it. But I think skipping to Tim's Robin would be more effective.

2 years ago cutting out tim would be fine, but now that he's a big LGBT rep for DC its a more difficult matter, he's poised to be their Wiccan

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    In my personal opinion Damian simply doesn't work well in team books. Solos and duos, yes, maybe a very small team, but I can't remember any writer making me enjoy reading Damian as part of a bigger team.
    Same, after Teen Titans (New52 movies), & the Teen Titans book. It's a hassle to read Damian in a team book, because it'll be the same old arc of Damian trying to learn cooperation. That people complained again, and again. It's all tiring.

I believe if Damian were to be "involved" in a team book. It has to be more an associate but never a full member, he can be involved in one story, or in a story arc. He can appear in the team book/story but never too of the focus. But he's not a full member, but there to provide either as a character to provide new stories, like he's reporting to the team of a new thread that may be connected a story arc of a character in the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    2 years ago cutting out tim would be fine, but now that he's a big LGBT rep for DC its a more difficult matter, he's poised to be their Wiccan
    Not sure if Zaslav is going to care about representation, his priority is making successfull movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Same, after Teen Titans (New52 movies), & the Teen Titans book. It's a hassle to read Damian in a team book, because it'll be the same old arc of Damian trying to learn cooperation. That people complained again, and again. It's all tiring.

I believe if Damian were to be "involved" in a team book. It has to be more an associate but never a full member, he can be involved in one story, or in a story arc. He can appear in the team book/story but never too of the focus. But he's not a full member, but there to provide either as a character to provide new stories, like he's reporting to the team of a new thread that may be connected a story arc of a character in the team.
    Teen Titans is where most of my dislike for Damian in a team book comes from (The pre-New52 arc he was part of and the entirety of Teen Titans 2016), but also other stories, like the recent Dark Army oneshot.
    Damian coming up with a plan to take control of the dark army? Fun! In theory.
    Most of the book ends up being team members complaining about Damian, including the new character Red Canary that they are trying to push. Not fun. Very, very annoying and boring.

Tim's new status as DC's major LGBTQ+ character is one of the reasons I have my doubts that his book is going to end after the second arc.
    And I'm not wishing for Tim to not have a book or something like that. Just not a Robin book. It's just fairly obvious to me by now that for all of DC's reassurances that two characters can share the robin mantle without it causing problems for at least one of them that that is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Tim's new status as DC's major LGBTQ+ character is one of the reasons I have my doubts that his book is going to end after the second arc.
    And I'm not wishing for Tim to not have a book or something like that. Just not a Robin book. It's just fairly obvious to me by now that for all of DC's reassurances that two characters can share the robin mantle without it causing problems for at least one of them that that is simply not true.
    Jon's book was cancelled.
    Batwoman's book was cancelled.
    Duke's mini was only 4 issues
    Cass was screwed.
    Damian's solo was cancelled.

All members of an under represented minority in comics and it didn't stop DC screwing them over.

I don't think that diversity status is all that of a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Cass was screwed.

All members of an under represented minority in comics and it didn't stop DC screwing them over.

Except that Jon has a new book coming up and DC currently doesn't have many female-led books in general with batgirls being one of the few exceptions. So Cass does have a book.
    I think Jace Fox is the one they want to push for black representation. His book is ending, but his writer teased there is more coming with him.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-04-2023 at 04:39 AM.

I also feel like Tim is different because he's still white and male and most importantly already a well established character.

Extraordinary Member

It might help to get a book green lit in the first place, and maybe keep it a print a few issues longer, but that's it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cass was screwed.

To be fair, Jon already had two other cancelled projects before his coming out and Damian had Son of Batman canned plus his current run only got canned cuz of DC event bullcrap.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Cass was screwed.

The Superman brand being restructured and reorganized
    Batwoman/Kate never had strong fan intrest
    Cass was a victim of the new 52
    Duke mini was a mini meant to be that
    And Damian book was the was apart of the large plan Williamson and Waid have been working on for the whole of DC which is why he is seen on so many covers and apart of each event

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not sure if Zaslav is going to care about representation, his priority is making successfull movies.
    Zazlav doesn’t want his name in the press anymore
    1 strike for killing a female led POC film
    He’s going to have to be very careful

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Zazlav doesn’t want his name in the press anymore
    1 strike for killing a female led POC film
    He’s going to have to be very careful
    But cancelling an almost finishied movie is different from not using a character in the movies in the first place.