Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Mark Waid said very little about Damian in recent interviews, but he did say this:
    "Mark, what else can you tease about the final issue of Batman vs. Robin, with Lazarus Planet looming on the horizon?"

"I can tease the final showdown between Robin and Nezha. I can tease that you're going to see a chase scene in Batman vs. Robin #5, the likes
    of which you've never seen before. You're going to see Damian make a jaw-droppin sacrifice in that issue"

What do you guys think this sacrifice will be?

Damian becoming a living prison for Nezha à la Raven? Sealing Nezha and himself in Nezha's tomb from the inside since that's apparently the only way to do it? Something completely different?

Whatever it ends up being, I wouldn't be suprised if its connected to Damian asking all these magic users for help in Lazarus Planet Omega.

In World's Finest Supergirl and Robin had to travel to the past to ask ancient chinese magicians who had sealed Nezha before for help and they created a new seal for them.
    Basically whatever Damian ends up doing, I doubt he has the ability to pull it off all by himself because he has no powers.
    I also assume he's going to be fairly desperate to fix this with the whole planet being affected, magic being messed up and spoilers:
    Bruce having turned into a demon because of the lazarus resin now pumping in his veins reacting to the magical storm outside
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Of course Damian could always appear in a book that already exists like Batman or Detective Comics.
    But Bruce will probably be stuck in this different universe Failsafe teleported him to till summer and the way Ram V drags out this Orgham plot I'm not confident he'll make room for an arc follwing up on Damian's fate.
    Is it just me, or is it a little difficult to take the Orgham family seriously as this ultimate threat when Bruce has so recently dealt with Dark Crisis, Nezha, and so many other cosmic threats?

I also feel like Tim is different because he's still white and male and most importantly already a well established character.
    not only that. Rainbow capitalism is very hot right now.

We might not like to admit it.
    We might be like to say it out loud but the real world fact is that marginalised groups are treated like trends and entertainment follows trends.

The current zeitgeist is embracing and empowering LGBTq+ rights and individuals before that it was BLM and later following Covid motivated attacks it was Safeguarding Asian communities.

Corporate dedication to representation follows the zeitgeist. Prioritising whichever marginalised group is most visible at the time to exploit for Monterey gains and goodwill points.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    not only that. Rainbow capitalism is very hot right now.

We might not like to admit it.
    We might be like to say it out loud but the real world fact is that marginalised groups are treated like trends and entertainment follows trends.

The current zeitgeist is embracing and empowering LGBTq+ rights and individuals before that it was BLM and later following Covid motivated attacks it was Safeguarding Asian communities.

Corporate dedication to representation follows the zeitgeist. Prioritising whichever marginalised group is most visible at the time to exploit for Monterey gains and goodwill points.
    You're probably right about that. Plus, in my personal fandom experience, gay ships are usually more popular than lesbian ships and characters and many people have already noted how they feel like Tim is written as gay and not as bi. I can't really say much about this myself, just something I noticed in the discussions.
    The art for Tim's book is an odd choice though. You would expect DC to go with something more pretty to fit in.

But this probably belongs more in the Tim threat so I will stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Is it just me, or is it a little difficult to take the Orgham family seriously as this ultimate threat when Bruce has so recently dealt with Dark Crisis, Nezha, and so many other cosmic threats?
    I mean Detective Comics is not the main Batman book, it usually deals with the smaller stuff and my impression was that Ram V just wants to do his own thing. Like it doesn't really feel connected to anything else going on right now. I haven't really kept up with it though, so maybe someone else is better qualified to talk about this with you.

Do any of you know the comic where Damian joins the batfamily?
    Because all I can find is Talia bringing him with her to Gotham in Batman RIP without them meeting Bruce, then Bruce gets lost in time and in Battle for the Cowl Damian is suddenly living in Wayne Manor.

Am I missing something or did DC forget to write that?

All-New Member

Because all I can find is Talia bringing him with her to Gotham in Batman RIP without them meeting Bruce, then Bruce gets lost in time and in Battle for the Cowl Damian is suddenly living in Wayne Manor.

I don't remember the title or the number, but basically Ra's wanted to possess Damian so he ran away to the Manor met Alfred and it spanned for a few issues

Quote Originally Posted by Harryrun View Post
    I don't remember the title or the number, but basically Ra's wanted to possess Damian so he ran away to the Manor met Alfred and it spanned for a few issues
    No, that's Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul and at the end of the story Talia leaves with Damian.

I don't think there's one. There was Secret Origins [can't recall the number but gave us the origins of damian and Harley] that sort of recaps the events but doesn't clarify.

He seems to turn up in Gotham after leaving the LoA and then encounters Dick and co just prior to BFTC.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't think there's one. There was Secret Origins [can't recall the number but gave us the origins of damian and Harley] that sort of recaps the events but doesn't clarify.

He seems to turn up in Gotham after leaving the LoA and then encounters Dick and co just prior to BFTC.
    Yeah, that's all I could find too. It's so weird that DC never bothered to write that story.
    Both Damian starting to live at Wayne Manor and also how exactly he became Robin is kept so vague.
    It's Alfred who gives him the costume to wear in all versions I know of, but I don't think they ever showed Alfred and Dick truly talking about making Damian Robin before it happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Let's hope it's a good one for the Son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul with a Grandad in Ra's al Ghul.
    Still my favourite Damian Wayne Robin costume.

Astonishing Member

I don't know whether this is good or not, but Batman vs Robin #1 is Top 5 in sales for September 2022 (according to ICv2):

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...september-2022

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know whether this is good or not, but Batman vs Robin #1 is Top 5 in sales for September 2022 (according to ICv2):

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...september-2022
    While being published in the second week helps books to climb to the top of the charts, a very good sign that the book did really is that with the exception of Dark Crisis no other DC book that was released on Sep. 14th, 2022 was in the top 50.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    While being published in the second week helps books to climb to the top of the charts, a very good sign that the book did really is that with the exception of Dark Crisis no other DC book that was released on Sep. 14th, 2022 was in the top 50.
    Yeah. I supposed Top 5 were pretty good for sales.

I wasn't sure if this was good because many people in this thread didn't like the story and the way Damian was treated.