Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Maybe that's why DC played his ethnicity down so much. They feared Americans won't accept a character who is part Middle Eastern as a hero.
    So racism, i assumed it’s because they never truly settled on Ra’s origins so they had just had them ambiguously white. However now that things are clear and Talia has settled on a skin tone Damian should slowly get a little more brown. It’s all gonna depend on who Gunn casts in the future then comics Damian will align with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They actually called him out like that. Dang!

This video was very informative. I never even knew that P.R.I.D.E was an abbreviation for something else.

They are right that the 2nd big business got involved Pride stopped being a protest. The Midnighter and Apollo story in this years anthology might have the same push back. A few of my Lgbtq pals were pissedoff with that story.

What are your thoughts?
    Conflicted.

Midnighter and Apollo are by far my No1 LGBTQ+ couple in comics, so having them back in this year's anthology was the highlight of the whole special for me.

However Alan's whole 'Fighting hate/violence with Love' reinforces the put up and shut up that benefits everyone apart from the LGbtQ+ community.

Not a fan of the message but still found myself smiling after reading the story. I have such low standards

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So racism, i assumed it’s because they never truly settled on Ra’s origins so they had just had them ambiguously white. However now that things are clear and Talia has settled on a skin tone Damian should slowly get a little more brown. It’s all gonna depend on who Gunn casts in the future then comics Damian will align with that.
    I'd assume that might have played a big part in why they keep stressing that Damian was the spitting image of Bruce. To distance him from the AlGhul's.

I'm just spit balling. Don't have anything to back it up. I haven't witnessed racist attacks against Damian like you see with characters like Duke or Jace. Most of the hate towards Damian are stan motivated [he replaced a fan favourite/he's getting more screen time than my fav etc] rather than racial.

I hope Gunn prioritises talent over skin colour when casting. A character like Damian it's near impossible to get an actor who is racially accurate [I'm not aware of any Chinese/Scottish/Middle Eastern teen actors out there]

I wouldn't mind what race so long as they are good. But that's just me.

Don't like the hair.
    Can't wait for this title

Extraordinary Member

Don't like the hair.
    He’s decided not to gel it man that’s all

I personally like his hair like this better. It makes him look less serious. I was never a big fan of the gelled hair anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I personally like his hair like this better. It makes him look less serious. I was never a big fan of the gelled hair anyway.
    The last few years Damian been trying to find himself as Damian and Robin. It’s been fun to see him experiment

Clearly it's still gelled just styled differently.

Don't like the hair.
    Look more like Tim or is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    No it's not just you. That's why I'm not a fan of the hair.

The last few years Damian been trying to find himself as Damian and Robin. It’s been fun to see him experiment
    I agree. Damian also has grown a lot as a person, his style should reflect it. I hope we get to see more of his love for art and animals as well in the new series, and no pointless fights with his father. I'm so tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Tim is basically the same age as Damian now, of course they end up looking similar once Damian stops using gel in his hair. This is however just another reminder that they need to age up Tim.

Extraordinary Member

I agree. Damian also has grown a lot as a person, his style should reflect it. I hope we get to see more of his love for art and animals as well in the new series, and no pointless fights with his father. I'm so tired of it.

Tim is basically the same age as Damian now, of course they end up looking similar once Damian stops using gel in his hair. This is however just another reminder that they need to age up Tim.
    But if Tim gets any bigger he will look weird as robin. He’s also the new lgbtq pillar for the batfamily and DC enjoys that name recognition. So it’s like he’s locked, frozen a teenage twink forever.

The only thing I see forcing any change here is when the live action movies cast Damian and that actor just naturally GROWS up. But that’s a good ten years away.

But if Tim gets any bigger he will look weird as robin. He’s also the new lgbtq pillar for the batfamily and DC enjoys that name recognition. So it’s like he’s locked, frozen a teenage twink forever.

The only thing I see forcing any change here is when the live action movies cast Damian and that actor just naturally GROWS up. But that’s a good ten years away.
    I'm sorry, but do you think only a "teenage twink" is allowed to be bisexual? If they ever want him to be relevant outside of comics, they need to come up with something for him because Damian is Robin now, and he will be the Robin in the upcoming movie. We are also getting a movie for the Authority, meaning we are getting Midnighter and Apollo. They will be WB new "LGBT pillar" or whatever that is supposed to be.

Extraordinary Member

I'd assume that might have played a big part in why they keep stressing that Damian was the spitting image of Bruce. To distance him from the AlGhul's.

I'm just spit balling. Don't have anything to back it up. I haven't witnessed racist attacks against Damian like you see with characters like Duke or Jace. Most of the hate towards Damian are stan motivated [he replaced a fan favourite/he's getting more screen time than my fav etc] rather than racial.

I hope Gunn prioritises talent over skin colour when casting. A character like Damian it's near impossible to get an actor who is racially accurate [I'm not aware of any Chinese/Scottish/Middle Eastern teen actors out there]

I wouldn't mind what race so long as they are good. But that's just me.
    That’s because Damian very rarely appears dark skinned. The GP knows him from his string of animated appearances and he’s always white

I'm sorry, but do you think only a "teenage twink" is allowed to be bisexual? If they ever want him to be relevant outside of comics, they need to come up with something for him because Damian is Robin now, and he will be the Robin in the upcoming movie. We are also getting a movie for the Authority, meaning we are getting Midnighter and Apollo. They will be WB new "LGBT pillar" or whatever that is supposed to be.
    Not that I don't agree with you, but his current writer seems to think Tim is only a "gay twink *fangirl squeel*" for all of those non-comic buyers to squeel over the pictures of them.