Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I'm sorry, but do you think only a "teenage twink" is allowed to be bisexual? If they ever want him to be relevant outside of comics, they need to come up with something for him because Damian is Robin now, and he will be the Robin in the upcoming movie. We are also getting a movie for the Authority, meaning we are getting Midnighter and Apollo. They will be WB new "LGBT pillar" or whatever that is supposed to be.
    Of course not anyone can be bisexual. I mad that his sexuality (which they don’t showcase correctly anyway) is gonna both be his defining trait and that it’s gonna Proably keep him as a teenager in the robin costume.

That is only if they are well received which I hope they are

Thease are the pillars
    IMG_6009.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Of course not anyone can be bisexual. I mad that his sexuality (which they don’t showcase correctly anyway) is gonna both be his defining trait and that it’s gonna Proably keep him as a teenager in the robin costume.

Thease are the pillars
    IMG_6009.jpg
    You also think he's being written as gay not bi?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    You also think he's being written as gay not bi?
    I’m talking to much about tim in a Damian
    And that’s a discussion we have had a lot about his run

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not that I don't agree with you, but his current writer seems to think Tim is only a "gay twink *fangirl squeel*" for all of those non-comic buyers to squeel over the pictures of them.
    That is the fault of DC and shows their lack of understanding of the LGBT+ community, but to be fair it is also partly the fault of straight women and their fetishization of the queer community.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not that I don't agree with you, but his current writer seems to think Tim is only a "gay twink *fangirl squeel*" for all of those non-comic buyers to squeel over the pictures of them.
    This is way too accurate

it's true.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Thease are the pillars
    IMG_6009.jpg
    Those are not the LGBtQ+ Pillars. Those are characters that need showcasing posing with the current Pillars LGBtq+ Ivy and Harley.

Dick Grayson isn't a teenager and he isn't LGBtQ+ but he's still one of the biggest Queer icons Comics ever produced.
    Tim doesn't need to be a teenager to be Bi. Actually it's much better if he isn't.

The company doesn't decide who the pillars are. That is down to the customers. The most successful/well known ones become the pillars.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-13-2023 at 06:40 PM.

That is the fault of DC and shows their lack of understanding of the LGBT+ community, but to be fair it is also partly the fault of straight women and their fetishization of the queer community.
    Preach!

10characters

Extraordinary Member

I personally like his hair like this better. It makes him look less serious. I was never a big fan of the gelled hair anyway.
    With old hair style Damian was at least directly recognizable, if it was said that this is Damian I would have no idea.

Astonishing Member

Andy Muschietti is confirmed to direct Brave and Bold.
    I wonder what his take on Damian will look like. His work with children cast of his first It movie was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Andy Muschietti is confirmed to direct Brave and Bold.
    I wonder what his take on Damian will look like. His work with children cast of his first It movie was really good.
    Great choice. Excited for this movie. Watching the Flash movie brought back my interest in these Live action DC movies.

I'm also curious given Gunn mapped everything out how much of freedom with the story and characters he will have. I'm sure Gunn has some characters in mind and others not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm also curious given Gunn mapped everything out how much of freedom with the story and characters he will have. I'm sure Gunn has some characters in mind and others not yet.
    Yeah it sounds like Gunn's got his vision of the DCEU he wants to bring to the screen. Inspired by comics, characters and writers he enjoys.

Gunn is in control and the decision maker.

34 year old Damian is in Wonder Woman today.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

SUPER SONS OMNIBUS SUPER DUPER EDITION

Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON

Art by PATRICK GLEASON, JORGE JIMENEZ, CARLO BARBERI, and others

Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ

$125.00 US | 1056 pages | 7 1/16″ x 10 7/8″ | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-406-5

ON SALE 10/31/23

The sons of Superman and Batman must find their footing as they attempt to live up to their family names. Trying to grow up fast, the pair forms an inseparable bond that will shape them into the heroes of tomorrow!

Packed with even more action and laugh-out-loud moments between the Boy of Steel and the Boy Wonder—plus a brand-new cover from Jorge Jiménez—this extended Super Duper Edition omnibus collects Super Sons #1-16; Super Sons Annual #1; Super Sons/Dynomutt Special #1; Adventures of the Super Sons #1-12; Challenge of the Super Sons #1-7; Superman #10-11, #37-38; Teen Titans #15; and a story from Robin 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1.
    Not included are the short stories from the Saved by the Belle Reeve and Terrors Through Time anthologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    34 year old Damian is in Wonder Woman today.
    In it, yeah. And sure, so is Jon (whom looks exactly like his dad...). But, wow. Trinity is an unlikeable asshole, as an adult. Damian at least had an excuse when he was introduced, but this? I regret reading it already.