Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1149

Damian's dressing like grandpa here.... interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Damian's dressing like grandpa here.... interesting....
    He has this Batman costume since Batman #666.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    He has this Batman costume since Batman #666.
    I still find it interesting that Damian is dressing like his grandpa as Batman as much as or more than dad.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I still find it interesting that Damian is dressing like his grandpa as Batman as much as or more than dad.
    I like to think the popped collar is inspired by a photo of Dick Grayson as Discowing he once saw as a kid and once he learnt his dad was Batman he had the kid version we saw in B&R annual custom made along with the RedBird.

His grandfather is dressing like him since this batsuit predates Flashpoint Batman.

That doesn't look like Talia. Williamson toned down Damian's harsh training.

The dialogue and scenario reads so tropey. This is every generic OTT, edgy tough love and hard knocks training monologue that every badass with a hidden heart of gold gets.

Damian looks exactly the same age when he was 9 or less as he does in current B&R huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If you reffering with that to those dating profiles they but out to valentines day (that afaik the only time Jason being 23 is mentioned) that actually shows how terrible the people at DC are a keeping track on ages, since at the same time they also had a profile that claimed Stephanie Brown was only 18, and there simply no way for Steph being 5 year younger than Jason.

So for me I wouldn't be surprised if the writers forgot that Jason would have only been 17 in Hush.

And the thing is in comics minors are usually drawn visibly smaller, slimmer and younger looking than adults even if they are allready 16 or 17 (I mean look how all members of Tim Generation are drawn, in comparison to the adult members of their families). And the Characters often than have sudden growth spurt when they become 18. Jason is in the final chapters clearly drawn like an adult and not like a teenager.
    YJ are 16. Kon is still in high school apparently.
    Jason is drawn tolook like an adult because he was going to be pitting him against Batman. DC might have Batman smack his kids but they are never going to reduce him to being arched by a teenager or show him fighting a kid.

That's for losers and Deathstroke. Like Batman himself once explained it to RobinDick, "part of what makes Robin an effective deterrent is the humiliation of other gangland members seeing one of their own fighting or getting bested by a child. That's psychological damaging. Thinking of the loss of respect and destruction of reputation forces them to flee"

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

The dialogue and scenario reads so tropey. This is every generic OTT, edgy tough love and hard knocks training monologue that every badass with a hidden heart of gold gets.

Damian looks exactly the same age when he was 9 or less as he does in current B&R huh.
    It looks like anime Talia.

I mean, it seems pretty in-line with what we've seen of Damian's training before and straight to the point. He's got that childlike innocence look here.

Talia is the one that most likely chose Damian's tutors and mentors, so I can see it as an extension of Talia's parenting. I see this as one of the less "violent" lessons Damian had during his League training, but its still pretty harsh imo.

I'm personally not expecting Shakespeare for Damian's already pretty generic backstory of "raised in a cult of assassins." The scene got across what it needed to get across and serves its purpose.

And yeah, Damian looks pretty much the same. Di Meo is really not winning me over. Why is there so much light? Tone it down or better yet don't color it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like anime Talia.

I mean, it seems pretty in-line with what we've seen of Damian's training before and straight to the point. He's got that childlike innocence look here.
    I know I literally just negatively criticized his art, but I'll go ahead and say something nice and agree that di Meo really put over the innocence of Damian in the scene.

I like to think the popped collar is inspired by a photo of Dick Grayson as Discowing he once saw as a kid and once he learnt his dad was Batman he had the kid version we saw in B&R annual custom made along with the RedBird.

His grandfather is dressing like him since this batsuit predates Flashpoint Batman.
    I would looove if Damian was inspired by Nightwing, can I make a strip comic fanart about it?? Do you want to be @ed?

This should be 5 years younger Damian?? WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I would looove if Damian was inspired by Nightwing, can I make a strip comic fanart about it?? Do you want to be @ed?
    Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Finally! I'm genuinely extra excited/nervous for this one. Prime has a wide reaching audience.
    On Paper Everything about this movie sounds amazing. Such a fun premise. Damian as Batman meets Home Alone. It got some great talents attached. Should be a goodtime.

Should be and On Paper.

Fingers crossed the final product delivers.