Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't think I will continue with reading Daredevil unless this book gets good reviews. This year is full of nothings for me. The only thing that is good is Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Step down in writer and artist.
    Still two big names. I think they can deliver.

The "back to basics" approach is difficult to get hyped about. But it's all in the execution

Incredible Member

2 new Omnis coming next year! SA vol 3 and Zdarsky.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    I’m willing to give them a chance! Never heard of the writer before but I will look into his Black Bolt series since I see it getting a lot of praise.

I know I am in the minority but I have been ready for a change for a while, so hopefully this will be a good one.
    I am usually a Zdarsky fan, but this book lost me quite awhile ago and I haven't found any interest in continuing with the new team. Prior to this run I don't even remember the last time that I dropped this title from my pull list. Oh well.....
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Excellent issue today! To call Checchetto’s art gorgeous almost isn’t enough to describe how unbelievably beautiful it is. The art team was on another lever here and I’m glad Checchetto is completing the remainder of the run. It was also great to have a character return who hasn’t been present for quite some. The design of his maturity was awesome. Nice ending too. The next issue can’t come soon enough!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-07-2023 at 10:06 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Excellent issue today! To call Checchetto’s art gorgeous almost isn’t enough to describe how unbelievably beautiful it is. The art team was on another lever here and I’m glad Checchetto is completing the remainder of the run. It was also great to have a character return who hasn’t been present for quite some. The design of his maturity was awesome. Nice ending too. The next issue can’t come soon enough!
    Totally forgot we were getting a new issue today! Need to put the kids in bed asap and get to reading

Why was he drawn like, white though?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The white suit is to be symbolic, I think. I was talking about who Matt meets earlier in the issue, though. He’s more mature then he was in his last appearance and I like his new design.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-07-2023 at 12:25 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Totally forgot we were getting a new issue today! Need to put the kids in bed asap and get to reading
    It’s a good one!
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Amazing Member

He also looked like he was in his mid thirties, didn’t think he was supposed to be that old. I saw panels earlier when browsing social media and didn’t read them and then when I realized it was him I was like damn I never would have guessed.

The white suit is to be symbolic, I think. I was talking about who Matt meets earlier in the issue, though. He’s more mature then he was in his last appearance and I like his new design.
    Not the suit -- Blindspot. He was drawn like a white man 10ish years older than Sam.

Not the suit -- Blindspot. He was drawn like a white man 10ish years older than Sam.
    Ohhh k. I though he was fine.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Amazing Member

I really hope the next run tones down Matt’s religiousness. He’s never been as religious as he has been in this run. And if other characters were questioning it and feeling like he was slipping into zealotry it could be interesting but there hasn’t really been any commentary on it. It’s just been treated like it’s fine and he’s always been like this. Not a single issue goes by that god doesn’t get mentioned multiple times and it’s a lot. God has been mentioned more in the last 12 issues than in the entire 600 issues before it combined. I get people liked the Catholic angle in the show but I really think they need to tone it down going forward.

Also not really looking forward to Matt fighting demons in hell, it’s not what I read Daredevil for. And he’s already been to hell once. And the beast is not an antagonist I care the least bit about.

Glad people are still enjoying it but it really hasn’t turned around for me at all

Also not really looking forward to Matt fighting demons in hell, it’s not what I read Daredevil for. And he’s already been to hell once. And the beast is not an antagonist I care the least bit about.
    Completely understandable. But yeah, it happened before. Still would be interesting to see a new take on this, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-08-2023 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

It also feels like The Beast/The Hand are more of Elektra’s enemies to defeat and not Matt’s. At least that’s how it feels for me.