Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Just read #9.. not really feeling it. I enjoyed Zdarsky's run until Devil's Reign, but now I read it to get it over with. Punisher's side of the conflict seems much more streamlined and interesting. Maybe if they kept side characters to a minimum, explored Elektra and Matt, their marriage, it would have been more my cup of tea. It just feels like a gimmick, bringing random characters like Agony and Samson for some sort of emotional punch to the story, but it doesn't feel earned, and I don't find myself caring. Cole I can understand. He could be our outside eyes to the weirdness of it all. Foggy? Why does Foggy need to be here? Don't want to end it on a low note, so I'll say I am still thankful to Zdarsky for the run - however it might end.

I liked today’s issue just fine despite it feeling as if though it ended before it even began. For clarification, what exactly happened to Foggy and Stick?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-29-2023 at 02:37 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

What do you guys think of Quinn and Una Stromwynn? Do you think they've made good adversaries for Daredevil? Just curious, considering the Stromwyns have been prominently featured thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    What do you guys think of Quinn and Una Stromwynn? Do you think they've made good adversaries for Daredevil? Just curious, considering the Stromwyns have been prominently featured thus far.
    Rich Bussinessman villians aren't my thing so I never clicked with them. I'm surprised they came back and were allied with the Hand.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I liked today’s issue just fine despite it feeling as if though it ended before it even began. For clarification, what exactly happened to Foggy and Stick?
    spoilers:
    They were both previously killed and ressurected as puppets by the Hand, and now with the medallion destroyed they died again, for real.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Think they've run their course as villains and would've been good if Fisk had X'd them before his exit from NY.

Thinking about it, while there have been good chapters in this current "run", I've identified my issue with the overall story. It's too big. The scale, ramifications, concepts (like Goldie(?))...it's too much for the DD stories I tend to enjoy.

Someone earlier mentioned Shadowland vibes and I agree. And that is not a good comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    spoilers:
    They were both previously killed and ressurected as puppets by the Hand, and now with the medallion destroyed they died again, for real.
    end of spoilers
    And they knew this all along and said nothing? Especially Foggy who seemed to know what was happening to him? Why would he not tell Matt?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Amazing Member

Again, just kind of waiting for this arc to be over.

Somehow I don’t buy that Foggy died off panel ages ago. Would be a pretty unceremonious end for such an important character. If it is what it looks like, yikes. But I think this is just whoever is behind all this messing with Matt further.

As for the Stromwyns, I’m not feeling them as villains. They don’t do much for me. They don’t have a compelling motivation they are just kind of stereotypically evil business people. Don’t like that it seems like this entire arc is culminating in them being behind everything.

I agree with the sentiment that this story is too big. Now the avengers need to be dealt with. I don’t know why it was necessary to bring them into this story at all. And then there’s all the Goldy stuff still. At least it seems Matt will be back in New York soon which will be welcome.

Extraordinary Member

I generally don't mind this kind of villain, but their elitism just puts me off. That and as many crimelord types that DD takes on, the best one's are generally the one's who don't mind getting their hands dirty at the same time. The Stromwynn's apparently think they're too good for that, which puts me off of them even more.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

And they knew this all along and said nothing? Especially Foggy who seemed to know what was happening to him? Why would he not tell Matt?
    I think it all goes back to Goldy(probably be explained in the next issue). That's what Matt said just after they faded away I actually think this was a great issue.That little preview drove me away a bit about Matt's perspective which I dont like. But overall from the story point of view i like where it's going even if it's not a happy go to ending
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-01-2023 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I think it all goes back to Goldy(probably be explained in the next issue). That's what Matt said just after they faded away I actually think this was a great issue.That little preview drove me away a bit about Matt's perspective which I dont like. But overall from the story point of view i like where it's going even if it's not a happy go to ending
    Yea hopefully there’s an explanation coming up.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Just read the issue this past weekend. While I did see Foggy's death coming (how temporary that is is anybody's guess), I did not see zombie Foggy and Stick being Hand spies. I'm impressed. Now it just seems as if the last loose end to tie up is Goldy, like others have said.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Well, either he/they were corrupted by the Hand, or it was just a Hand soldier impersonating them I guess.

I picked up some books the other day from the Marvel Ultimate line, and I got a bit carried away and ended up getting the Daredevil & Elektra books, and soon after I realised that I've only read bad things about Ultimate Daredevil.
    Oh well, at least the books were cheap and the art seems okay.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Amazing Member

Happy that we'll be getting off of the ninja island next issue!

I am not sure how useful all this social commentary will be once things inevitably go back to the status quo. It's one thing to do it in something a writer has full control of, but we know Matt will be back to putting villains in jail eventually, so how does one reconcile that with what this arc has been pushing the entire time? I guess it will probably just go in the bin of forgotten character development like so many other things.