Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I have no desire to read a solo title with Elektra as Daredevil. If that's the direction they go with, I'll be taking a break until Matt comes back as Daredevil.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    It's happened too many times. We can't take another one... I think she'll, sadly, be holding the Daredevil moniker for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Oh I'd lose my **** if they did actually kill her again. But yeah, I'm feeling like we are going to be stuck with her DD cosplay for a while longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    God I hope not. I’m not really interested in reading any Elektra solo stuff, so guess I’d just take a break from the book until Matt is back if that happens. Which would suck because I’ve been eagerly anticipating the end of this arc in hopes that we’ll get a Daredevil story that’s more my thing going forward. But an Elektra story isn’t likely to deliver that.

Personally I also like that he’s never died before and I really don’t think it’s necessary to do it when we know it won’t be permanent. It’s just a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I have no desire to read a solo title with Elektra as Daredevil. If that's the direction they go with, I'll be taking a break until Matt comes back as Daredevil.
    It has happened so many times, but maybe the new writer can make it exciting.

I feel like they are going to time Matt's triumphant return in conjunction with the new Disney+ series, I can feel it the corporate synergy in my bones.

My only hope is if Elektra become DD that she is still a bad ass and has a great villain.

I don't want them to make her a milquetoast heroine without flaws and pathos.

I'll stick around on an Elektra led Daredevil book (which we are all just assuming will happen) - as long as the writer is good and we aren't stuck with her trying to "mother" anyone. Just please... have a good artist.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What if the next Daredevil run is built around Matt’s journey in the afterlife and culminates with his resurrection (or …. Born Again if you will ) just in time for the show.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    It has happened so many times, but maybe the new writer can make it exciting.

I feel like they are going to time Matt's triumphant return in conjunction with the new Disney+ series, I can feel it the corporate synergy in my bones.

My only hope is if Elektra become DD that she is still a bad ass and has a great villain.

I don't want them to make her a milquetoast heroine without flaws and pathos.
    I have also thought of this. Really wish things going on outside of the comics didn’t affect them in that way but we know they have in the past. I just don’t think it’s necessary. And the show is supposed to come out in the spring, barring any (likely) delays. But they would probably end up having him return in the comics at that time whether or not the show gets delayed, just because of how these things are planned. That would give Elektra a pretty short stint as the lead, so I don’t know how things could turn out.

I also feel like she’d be maintaining the mantle to keep it alive again, so she’d continue doing things he would do rather than things she’d do. I’m not really into Elektra on her own so I have no idea how fans of her solo stuff would feel about this.

Last edited by Nanashi; 05-16-2023 at 07:43 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I will reserve interest and excitement (or apathy) until I read something definitive (creative team, character and premise) about a new DD #1. That said, #14 seems like a good jumping off point after all is said and done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The new creative team has been announced , spoilers:
    Saladin Ahmed and Aaron Kuder
    end of spoilers, I'm not familiar with any of them, so I'll just hope for the best. Still think it's totally unnecessary to renumber it yet again.
    There's a short interview on This Week At Marvel podcast where Zdarsky and the new writer talks a little about the change.

Just did a quick google on the artist. What little I saw, I am not super excited to be honest. But we'll see.
    Last edited by gohei_; 05-18-2023 at 06:52 AM.

It's a big downgrade.

Astonishing Member

The great Chip Zdarsky/Marco Checchetto Daredevil run ends with Daredevil #14. Series will be relaunched with a new #1 by Saladin Ahmed/Aaron Kuder this September. Big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    end of spoilers, I'm not familiar with any of them, so I'll just hope for the best. Still think it's totally unnecessary to renumber it yet again.
    There's a short interview on This Week At Marvel podcast where Zdarsky and the new writer talks a little about the change.

Just did a quick google on the artist. What little I saw, I am not super excited to be honest. But we'll see.
    You didn't need to spoiler tag that.

Saladin Ahmed wrote Exiles, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, and The Magnificent Ms. Marvel. Aaron Kuder has drawn the recently finished Avengers Forever, Death of X, and Infinity Countdown.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hmmm. I'm on the fence with this news. I'm not at all familiar with Ahmed's work and the premise sounds coolz if a little bland and safe (focusing on Matt and HK is a given). I'm not a fan of Kuder's art. It's not bad by any stretch just not my cuppa. I'll just wait for prev-pages with dialogue before committing, either way.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post

His Black Bolt solo was great, but I'm not a big fan of Kuder's art. I wonder if he will make it darker to fit the theme?

I thought Ahmed had left Marvel.

He's a pretty solid writer, but Kuder might be an off fit for Daredevil.