Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Matthew ever had a counseling/ therapy session with Professor X, or does he only go to priests and nuns?
    Dude this would a GREAT arc

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I just finished the last issue, and I gotta be honest, I don't know how I feel about this one. I am pretty curious to see what the future holds though.

Now that this run is over, I gotta say I have been thoroughly enjoyed all this time. The first arc, before Devils Reign, was the best part of Zdarskys run. But everything has been good I think.
    Kind of disappointed that when Foggy was talking with Reed about the possibility of Matt coming back, Reed never thought to mention that he's actually gone to Heaven and met God (in the form of Jack Kirby).

For the most part, I thought Daredevil #14 was all right. Zdarsky did a serviceable job at highlighting the significance of Matt Murdock, I am somewhat curious as to what all of this means for Daredevil moving forward. Overall, Zdarsky did a solid job with Daredevil but I'm really going to miss Marco Checchetto's art the most. To say the man brought his A game to the art is an understatement. Even when there were moments where there were no actions scenes positioned at the forefront, Checchettto's art is radiant.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Have I missed an issue somewhere? What happened to Goldie?
    I don't think it was entirely resolved, although the actual crisis to resolve kind of tabled the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Remembering slightly incorrectly - the President was a Hand puppet and threw himself out of a window. Elektra went after him to try and catch him but couldn't, and the way it was caught on camera made it look like she'd killed him.

But yeah, that should have been a much bigger thread that was followed up on. Which would have meant the whole Hand replacement, and then the re-death of everyone who was replaced after Elektra destroyed the amulet, would need to be followed up on
    Sure, but it still looked that way. That being said, it just clicked that he would have been one of the people rescued so it might have revealed at the end of the story what she did.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...d-aaron-kuder/

New interview with Ahmed with a preview.

Extraordinary Member

I'll be honest, while I've enjoyed it thus far, I'm kinda burnt on the religious bent. I do like what he said about approaching this from a real working class angle, though (which is why I'm having a harder time relating to characters like, say, Batman these days). I'll obviously keep an open mind until I have the actual book in my hand, though.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I can't wait to see when he inevitably breaks his vow of celibacy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't wait to see when he inevitably breaks his vow of celibacy .
    If he's going to be in this role for a while, I'd like to see Matthew crack down on the sex abuse cover-ups in different archdiocese across the world. If he were some kind of unofficial Internal Affairs detective for the Roman Catholic Church, turning over evidence to civil rights lawyers who can properly expose bad actors, hmm.

Amazing Member

Finally got around to reading it, it was alright but I really hope Ahmed gets rid of the amnesia pretty early in his run. It’s been done before, it’s not that interesting.

Also I guess we just kind of have to ignore that you can’t become a priest in six months, there’s actually a lot of work involved.

Also a bit disappointed some loose ends weren’t tied up. We were never given a great explanation for the Goldy stuff I don’t think. And the whole norn stone in Mike’s casket thing was left unexplored.

Excited to see what’s coming with the new team, at any rate!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If he's going to be in this role for a while, I'd like to see Matthew crack down on the sex abuse cover-ups in different archdiocese across the world. If he were some kind of unofficial Internal Affairs detective for the Roman Catholic Church, turning over evidence to civil rights lawyers who can properly expose bad actors, hmm.
    This would be freaking amazing. TBH, I'm kinda stunned (or maybe not) that Matt has never mentioned this much in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Apricot View Post
    Also I guess we just kind of have to ignore that you can’t become a priest in six months, there’s actually a lot of work involved.
    I'm guessing whatever cosmic force gave Matt back his arm and (presumably) his eyes reshaped reality a little to skip that part lol
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Niffleheim

Do you stand judged, Father Matthew? From the fires of Hell rises a new servant of God. 'Daredevil' #1 is on sale tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Daredevil/status...11637005062333
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I agree with everything said in this.

It’s why I prefer the first half of Zdarskys run to the second.