Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I miss Kingpin having that cigar.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm really liking this new volume so far...eventhough I was a bit skeptical at first. It reads pared down and pulled back with Matt actually driving the narrative with his internalisations (which I really appreciate) rather than being driven by the circumstances and people around him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Today's issue 03 was so freaking good! I'm completely SOLD!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Niffleheim

I wonder what sin/demon is possessing Ben? I loved this issue and the art looked pretty cool. Considering the next legacy numbering, I chortled after seeing who is showing up in the next issue.

the way kuder and co. depicted that cps worker ogling matt had me on the floor
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I wonder what sin/demon is possessing Ben? I loved this issue and the art looked pretty cool. Considering the next legacy numbering, I chortled after seeing who is showing up in the next issue.

the way kuder and co. depicted that cps worker ogling matt had me on the floor
    I'm guessing it's the same entity that possessed Elektra for a bit.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This issue felt very good. In some ways, it was very different (Matt a Priest, Ben Urich as the bad guy), but in other ways, it was classic Daredevil. The fight scene was exactly how a fight scene should look. He takes advantages of his senses, he uses stealth and skill, he's acrobatic, but it doesn't shy away from the violence either.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Daredevil: Black Armor #1
    I didn't see a separate thread for this so here goes.....who else got this? I know I wasn't the only one from these boards and a DD AND a 90s fan that picked it up......right?

I really enjoyed this. I like the dialogue right from the start with Matt/Jack verbally stating back that "I didn't call it that" when his suit is referred to as armor.
    The sly drop to Fisk about "you should run for mayor" glib.
    I only have one small gripe about this issue but I floated over it cause it would've just been 2-3 panels of exposition that the reader can "fill in the blanks" and that is after dropping off his suit for repair we never see him retrieve it, Matt/Jack just shows up wearing it and eventually makes a comment/thought about some suit alteration.
    Looking forward to issue #2....Hobgoblin!!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Daredevil: Black Armor #1
    I didn't see a separate thread for this so here goes.....who else got this? I know I wasn't the only one from these boards and a DD AND a 90s fan that picked it up......right?

I really enjoyed this. I like the dialogue right from the start with Matt/Jack verbally stating back that "I didn't call it that" when his suit is referred to as armor.
    The sly drop to Fisk about "you should run for mayor" glib.
    I only have one small gripe about this issue but I floated over it cause it would've just been 2-3 panels of exposition that the reader can "fill in the blanks" and that is after dropping off his suit for repair we never see him retrieve it, Matt/Jack just shows up wearing it and eventually makes a comment/thought about some suit alteration.
    Looking forward to issue #2....Hobgoblin!!!!
    I enjoyed it. It did feel like an attempt to do the Black Armor story right. It never really got off the ground since Tree of Knowledge went on so long and then D.G. Chichester was off the book. This feels like an author who had thirty years to think about how he would have done this story better, but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I enjoyed it. It did feel like an attempt to do the Black Armor story right. It never really got off the ground since Tree of Knowledge went on so long and then D.G. Chichester was off the book. This feels like an author who had thirty years to think about how he would have done this story better, but I'm enjoying it so far.
    I know, right?! The artist must be a fan of Eddie Brock: Venom, since he drew him twice during the recap...

Another thoroughly engaging issue. That Demon...! DD performing an actual exorcism...! This series is just getting better and better.